Shut up dammit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Revan
I am alone in the house and the goddamn smoke alarm keeps going off for no reason. Does anybody know how to shut one of these things off, short of ripping it out of the wall? messed

Unholy_Cheese
Rip it out the wall. I hate those damn things yesmad
The same thing happend to us

caffeine_fiend
er...does it not have a battery?

eggmayo
what i do is pull them down and put them in a drawer... however, it could be because your house is on fire

§pearhead
i'm guessing he'd know if that were true or not by now

Sun Ce
just turn off the power in the house, then take the battery out, i8 have 1, and u just gotta do that big grin

Alice_In_Chains
just take the battery out....but remember to put it bk in

eggmayo
dont even turn the power off.. then u will have to reset all your clocks and crap, your pc etc... just take the battery out... obviously if it has a battery, it is not connected to the mains. also, the reasn it is randomly beeping is that the battery is nearly dead, and it needs changing

Corran
Put the damn fire out or call the fire brigade to do so.

Clovie
stop smoking no expression

eggmayo
smoking dont set them off

Clovie
why not? huh it should be.

eggmayo
i know... its very silly. my aunt smokes and she came in here smoking all day and the alarm didnt go off once, but if you burn a4 sheet of paper, it rings really really loud and then shouts at ya in a robot voice... its mad

Thorondor
You people do know they go off when they need a new batterry right?

BakaXero
have you tried the hammer?

eggmayo
i do... i changed mine three days back

Clovie
i don't have such a thing anyway happy

BakaXero
i hate alarms....

caffeine_fiend
they always need a new battery when you're trying to sleep

BakaXero
aint they just grand?

caffeine_fiend
i took mine down in my bedroom because my incense sets it off

Darth Revan
Odd thing is, we have two right next to each other. One is battery powered, but that wasn't the one that was going off, it was the one that was actually connected to the house power. Finally stopped going off by itself though

Samurai Guy
-Take the battery out.
-Cover it with something, like a blanket.

... Im out of ideas.

eggmayo
destroy it

Korri
lol your weird

Master Revan
the one in my house is very sensitive it has a very high pitch screech that could be hear from a grate distance. i sounds like a whistle blowing very loud in your ear that is high pitch. you can't hear you self talk or think.

Ronny
i dont have smoke alarms in my house i took them all down. duh i know theres a fire im making it yah moron no expression

vaya_the_elf
laughing out loud No I can't help you. Our goes off everytime we do dinner, its our dinner bell.

sniper
the battery is dying, replace it

MC Mike
You can thank me, that damn experiment took longer than expected. Oh yea, don't go into your livingroom. happy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.