Do cats blink?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

weegie
I am having a staring contest with this wierd cat that has somehow got into my back garden. The problem is that its winning, and is freaking me out!?!?!
Do cats blink, because if they dont, and i dont find out, i'm gunna be here for hours, and my eyes are watering already! cry
HELP

dave123
they do.... but they can keep their eyes upon for ages

Abbita
you are seriously trying to stare out a cat? blink

weegie
Its still staring at me. No blinks yet!
How longs ages?

eggmayo
they do eventually... i stare out the dog next door and thats easy

dave123
ages as in... they don't HAVE to blink if they don't want to... so you'll never find out stick out tongue

Corran
Hah, I've never met a cat that can outstare me yet.

weegie
How am i suposed to get the thing to get out of my garden without leaving my house? This staring contest isn't working (because im losing...........badly)

Abbita
just sit and wait yes

eggmayo
do you have a gun? or a brick? or any other throwable item? cos the answer is selfexplanatory to me

Corran
without leaving the house.

Just stare at it and think evil thoughts, Cats can read minds.

eggmayo
or shoot at it

weegie
okay, im going to have a fun night...staring at a non blinking cat!
Hold on! fireworks just went off (wierd people, its still daylight)and the cats scared! not a blink yet though
and no, i cant throw anything at it.
1. im not a cat hurter and
2. i cant be bothered to go outside!

Abbita
BE bothered and go throw it over the neighbours fence yes

naybean
drop something that makes a lot of noise.

eggmayo
throw something near it... thats what i do, or i just set my cat on it

Corran
It is your cat that's doing the staring.

weegie
wahey, cat fight!
I am really REALLY bored starin at the damn thing!
But i do not want to leave my comfy computer chair, but i also want the cat to go away. hmmm. what should i do? I'll stare at the cat while i think about it!

lil bitchiness
laugh1 Thats the funniest thing ive read in ages! laugh1

eggmayo
no, my cat attacks people. or stary cats.

weegie
Still staring at me! its been, like, 20 minutes and it still hasnt blinked!
Staring at a cat for 20 minutes makes you get freaked out, seriously, its eyes are really dodgy, and it wont look anywhere but up at me! I'm thinking about going outside........

eggmayo
either scare it off, or play some very loud death metal music

weegie
I don't have any death metal music, so that idea is out.
But i have stopped staring at it, hopefully when i look at it again in about 10 minutes it will be gone. So, all of you, please keep your fingers crossed that 'freak cat' (i dont think thats its real name, btw) will have gone by the time i get back and look out my window!

eggmayo
what music do you have?

weegie
None that would be useful. I only have music that will scare my neighbours, not cats.

eggmayo
any opera or high pitched stuff? i personally sometimes use van halen solos

weegie
ITS GONE.
Well, i can still see it, well kind of, i can see its tail. Its walking along my neighbours wall.
Thanks for all the help guys!
(It has gone and sat in my neighbours neighbours vegatable garden, having a little nap )
BYe! big grin

eggmayo
hee hee cool

IoshIcumIne
Ok, now thats just weird no expression

eggmayo
not as weird as your display pic or avatar!

IoshIcumIne
y thank u. I never had a staring contest with a freeky cat, tho. your avvy is also weird.

Rachel Riddle
laughing

staring contests with cats are fun....
they do that in nature, the one who stares longer in the other ones eyes is the more dominant one.... that's why you shouldn't stare at them, if you wanna be friends with it... then you'll challenge it! stick out tongue
i never lost! big grin (ok, had like two or so... embarrasment bag stick out tongue)

§pearhead
I don't feel like reading the whole thread, so if this has been said already, sorry.

CATS HAVE TWO SETS OF EYELIDS. One's that close normally, and another that close vertically...that second lid is difficult to see erm

Rachel Riddle
cool, didn't know that, and it hasn't been said, yet! stick out tongue wink

eggmayo
cats also have two noses, one at the back of their mouth, one on their face. just thought id share some random knowledge

Mr Zero
cats also have two asses.

ok no they dont.

They do use blinking to communicate tho - and its not always about dominance - so if a cat is staring at you it could just be waiting for you to say something. try half closing one eye - I think thats quite polite in cat-blink-speak.

Darth Sauron
May i ask how your typing and looking at the cat, and also somehow knowing what our replies are while looking at the caty

because if you have looked away, you have lost

Rachel Riddle
true...... laughing

eggmayo
oh yeah... why didnt anyone else notice that?

Rachel Riddle
cause we were all busy thinking bout what to do...
ok, that's just an excuse roll eyes (sarcastic)

erm, and i know for myself, cause I'm stupid and slow... stick out tongue happy

Darth Sauron
wink

eggmayo
i will agree... can i use your excuse?

Rachel Riddle
f'course wink

laughing

eggmayo
aww... thanks... i owe ya one

Rachel Riddle
I'll remember ya! happy big grin

eggmayo
lol

Nirvana37365
watch the hamster dance

eggmayo
why not.

Rachel Riddle
huh laughing

eggmayo
makes very little sense really - all it does is laugh and wobble

eggmayo
if you want genuine hamster, here ya go

Rachel Riddle
sense....? blink

who wants sense? big grin

(me in latin: ohhH, it supposed to make sense??? my teacher: *looksdisapprovingly* embarrasment stick out tongue happy )

Rachel Riddle
laughing

yea, that one dances! stick out tongue

A4E
cats r trying to take over the world!

eggmayo
yeah they are... but look at the liddle hamster go! wiggling his hips like that, hes having a great time

hairballcat.hot
i have the same question DO CATS BLINK this is gonna do my head in till i find out,and my cat can play layla on the guitar but she cannot play all along the watch tower,strange that eh

Mairuzu
mah feets are cold!

Phat_Crabs
Originally posted by weegie
I am having a staring contest with this wierd cat that has somehow got into my back garden. The problem is that its winning, and is freaking me out!?!?!
Do cats blink, because if they dont, and i dont find out, i'm gunna be here for hours, and my eyes are watering already! cry
HELP

ya dey bink

Kosta
Bump of epic proportions!

Way to answer a question posted 4 years ago by a member that doesnt post here anymore.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by weegie
HELP

laughing out loud

i have the same problem with my cat. I always have to cheat in order to beat my cat at a staring contests.

JCAHO
edit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.