Chronicles of Narnia

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JamalMagloire
Anyone else looking forward to this? Seen a lot of set visits and production articles lately -looks like it is gonna be really cool.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/dominionpost/0,2106,3045728a6479,00.html

koolruningz
It's gonna rock. One of my favourite books when i was a lad. Its great that WETA is involved, after their amazing work on LOTR we should be in for a visual treat. big grin

<<Solo>>
Get Jackson to direct it and maybe it will be ok.
But man the made for tv version was so horrible.

angelsflame265
haha the old movie made me laugh when i watched it. . .i liked it when i was little though. . .i'm glad their redoing this

BloomBabyGirl
I dunno. some books *cough*chroniclesofnarnia/seriesofunfortunateevents*cough* shouldnt be made into movies

Maikahyandowen
nice coughing. laughing the first versions they did were pretty good. if they had a bigger budget they would have been better....

BloomBabyGirl
lol i gues we'll just have to see. i think this movie will only get in fans of the book (ive only read this books for school so i dont look well at it) and little kids whos moms take em to the movies

Maikahyandowen
true. unless they make really awesome trailers for it to capture people's attention

BloomBabyGirl
hmm well if they make it like series of Unfortunate events then i gareentee u only pple who read the book would only consider it. they didnt make it look interesting at ALL

Maikahyandowen
or they could make it like Lord of the Rings...

JamalMagloire
Why not? If the right people are involved - like those involved with Narnia - it has the chance to be a good adaptaion.

Maikahyandowen
true.

Jackie Malfoy
I am happy that they are making the movies which is supose to come out this December I belive.But what I am not happy about is that Disney is going to do it.
For one thing CS Lewis was a christen and had his books inform of Asland being god himself.So if Disney does it they will strip it from being relionish change it and make it stupid.
What I don't understand is why WB Would not do it.They would do a great job with the movies.Better then Disney anyway.I am not sure yet if I want to see it or not.I am alittle afarid too,JM embarrasment mad confused Happy Dance

edwinian
and certainly a lot better than the BBC version.

Jackie Malfoy? I don't get how Disney could mess this up. From all the news that I have read about it so far it sounds like they are really backing the film and going to make it good. They have done some good films lately (Pirates) and with WB already tied up with HP I am glad that this is a different studio that has money and time to back a big production. I would fear that if WB did it that it would not get the time and money that it deserves since they have so much invested in HP.

Maikahyandowen
Disney ruins everything. but i think disney just gets to release it, not make it. like The Village.

JamalMagloire
Andrew adamson who worked on shrek is involved and that is enough for me to have faith in this movie. This story has never had chance in past productions, it can only get better.

Maikahyandowen
hopefully

Ketchup
Aslan i Jesus. Whoops, I ruined it.

Maikahyandowen
everyone knows that.

Jackie Malfoy
For what I know is that the books are christens being that CS Lewis is in fact a christen and to me Disney will take this out of the movie and changed it into something that is not christen.,
There movies latly has reallly sucked and are not like they use to be.I don't know if Disney has a promblem wiht Christen stuff or something but I have a feeling that they are going to take it out of this movie all together.
Which sadly means that we are better off with that crappy old movie that is a cartoon.JM Happy Dance

Maikahyandowen
that may be. or they may be as true to the book as the old ones were.

Chimaera
Well, I try to keep an open mind and have a little faith, but on the other hand, I don't hold my breath. I'm sure that it will be awesome but I will gurantee that someone will hate it, because that's always the case. It's a terrific story and you can make an incredible movie out of it, but there is a lot of potential for disaster.
I know, I'll go to see it, regardless, and just hope for the best. What else can you do?

~Chimaera~

Maikahyandowen
that's true. but then, the potential for disaster applies to any given movie. Hopefully Narnia won't flop

JamalMagloire
It won't flop - people have been waiting a long time for a good adaptaion to be made. the set reports that I have been following are keeping my hopes up. the battle scene is going to be awesome!

http://www.narniaweb.com/news.asp?id=144&dl=1538640

Shaolin Monk
I hope it's not a disaster. I am really looking forward to this movie!

Maikahyandowen
and Aslan! if they don't do a cool Aslan i'll kill them.

BadKitty
next december,not this one.

they are keeping aslan in mystery.I heard about the actors and voices of some of the other characters except aslan...I am keeping my fingers crossed he'll be great!

Konjammenson
Has anyone else noticed that the first few original movies' diologue is word-for-word from the books? I just thought that was interesting.

Maikahyandowen
i doubt they'll do that this time though. it was pretty cool that they did it in the old ones though. i really liked that.

JamalMagloire
Have yo guys been following any of the set reports? If you go on narniaweb.com they have all kinds of good information for you to understand what they are doing with this movie. I think most of you will change your tune after reading what is going on.

Maikahyandowen
well, i did know about narniaweb. just been forgetting to go there. embarrasment

BadKitty
I lifted this from that web site

now I'm truly excited about this movie!! big grin

shaber
I think the Screwtape letters are better than the Narnian chronicles.

Maikahyandowen
perhaps.

yes! Disney's not in charge!

BadKitty
I do agree but his awesome writing style is still very evident in narnia and if they keep to it,it should be excellent

BlackC@t
Being serious, my brother was asked to be in 'The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe.'
He's a model so he gets offers from time to time erm

BlackC@t
He's 23 by the way, any characters in there around that age?
I read it two years ago so I forget. I remember when the children grew up in Narnia.

Maikahyandowen
i don't think there's really anyone that age, but i'm sure he could pull of being a 17 or 18 year old.

PandoraMomo
They actually just put a display for it in the movie theater i work in. It seems really promising from what i hear....
I loved the whole Narnia series.. I really cannot wait for it to come out. Once I saw the display I was bouncing up and down...:hyper:

Maikahyandowen
i haven't seen anything like that. must be going to the wrong theater......

JamalMagloire
You mean this display:

http://www.narniaweb.com/img/news23_1.jpg

wink

Yea, I saw it in my theatre this weekend.

Maikahyandowen
eek!

JamalMagloire
I know, its pretty cool. That's what I picture in my mind when I think of looking through the wardrobe.

Maikahyandowen
i allways picture they way they did it in the old movies. except Lucy was reeeaaally ugly in those.

dgeniu
WICKED!! I was hoping for another LotR-like movie!

Maikahyandowen
it better be as awesome as LOTR, or i will be offended.frodo

crickey77
One of my friends just sent me this link for a featurette of the making of the movie!! I was really excited to see what the characters and stuff are going to look like. Can't wait until Dec '05!

http://www.narniaweb.com/news.asp?id=157&dl=1677545

What do you guys think?

Maikahyandowen
yeah, i saw that. it's so awesome!

JamalMagloire
The first photo from the film has been posted on Narnia web:

http://www.narniaweb.com/img/news27_1.jpg

The look just as I would imagine them to look.

Maikahyandowen
oh! cool! that lucy looks so much better than the old one was

JamalMagloire
I think they still have some simularities we'll have to wait to see the teeth. smile Joblo has posted their new set reports. I love reading these. They get me so psyched for the film.

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=6336

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=6337

angelsflame265
In the earlier verison of Narnia that I had seen I loved the voice of Aslan. It just fit the part. I was kind of hoping for Sean Connery to get the voice part for this, but I guess not

bilbofett
I am so hoping this one is good... Waiting on it ( and hopefully all the others) is the only thing thats gonna keep me sane after SW is over now that LOTR is done!

Maikahyandowen
yeah, we have SW and LOTR withdrawls.

JamalMagloire
Really? I think that being they went with less of a no-name makes more sense. Aslan is such a majestic character in my mind it would be ruined if someone like Connery would have been cast. Don't get me wrong - he's great, but not for this.

Maikahyandowen
i never really imagined Aslan with a Scottish accent anyway. that'd be kind of funny though. a lion with a scottish accent

JamalMagloire
Another set report - this one is with Tida Swinton.

http://www.cinecon.com/news.php?id=0501252

Just found out that she is in Constantine. May have to go see that now to get a glimpse of what the White Witch will be like.

Maikahyandowen
and post pics too

JamalMagloire
Anyone see constantine this weekend? I didn't get a chance to make it to see how Swinton did. Anyways there is a new behind the scenes clip like that last WETA one. This one is with the director:

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=7012

Maikahyandowen
no, i haven't seen that yet. the clip is cool though

JamalMagloire
Yeah, I just have had nothing bad to say about anything that has been released for this so far. I guess it can only get better once we start seeing bigger pieces of the whole project. I just love the costume design.

Maikahyandowen
yeah. that is really cool. same guys who did Lord of the Rings. happy

JamalMagloire
There is some new pics out! Just when I was in awe about the costumes - look at this landscape shots:

http://www.narniafans.com/?id=190

Maikahyandowen
cool!

Cinemaddiction
Bump for discussion.

Maikahyandowen
eh?

shaber
I don't suppose they should have changed the storyline sufficiently for the leads to be older actors?

angelsflame265
They shouldn't have to. I mean the storyline had nothing to do with how old they were really, besides that they were kids.

Maikahyandowen
They do age through the series, but in the first one they're still pretty young

JamalMagloire
They are the youngest in LWW but I think that if this is as popular as what I think it will be - the sequals will have them growing-up just like Harry Potter did.

Julie
I will probably see it....I liked reading the books, I hope they do the entire series...the Silver Chair was very good

Maikahyandowen
so's the last battle. as long as they're better than the original movies i'll be happy

JamalMagloire
The WETA collectables are going to be available soon:

http://www.narniafans.com/?id=206

I like the girls on Aslan and the Minoboar.

Maikahyandowen
Peter on the Unicorn looks pretty cool

bilb
I really cant wait for this film cause I love the series. And I think Weta does great work, but does anyone else think the location concept art looks just like the locations in LOTR just slightly altered?

Maikahyandowen
not really. besides, both take place in some form of Earth anyway, so it hardly matters.

greyboy
i think the concept art looks great...exactly the way i imagined the books when i read them as a kid...i'm also a huge fan of weta's work and trust them with pretty much anything. this movie is going to be sweet. woot!

Maikahyandowen
most definately

Smodden
This movie looks soooo good.

Maikahyandowen
sure does.

JamalMagloire
Both films are fantasy so I guess they would resemble each other in some fashion. Plus WETA is involved so some of the creatures and props probably will look familiar. I dunno when we see the story playing out before us, I'm sure it will seem different then.

Electrocat
who dont

AragonIsKing
if they do make it look as good as Lotr then maybe more people will go to see it, but for right now, i dont think it will be as anticipated as i wouldve hoped

Maikahyandowen
not enough people know about the books i guess

JamalMagloire
Originally posted by AragonIsKing
if they do make it look as good as Lotr then maybe more people will go to see it, but for right now, i dont think it will be as anticipated as i wouldve hoped

Have you checked out the clip from the WETA workshop? There is no doubt in my mind after watching that that this will be any less - if not better than lotr. I think the link is posted in the thread.

We are still pretty far from release. I'm sure people will be really excited for this once we get closer to DEc.

Maikahyandowen
hopefully

greyboy
agreed about weta. i have complete faith in them. just found a pretty good interview with michael flaherty, president of walden about the movie. if you're interested, here it tis: http://www.narniaweb.com/news.asp?id=240&dl=2564400

says that adamson will be faithful to the book. phew... i knew it all along, but it 's good to hear

Maikahyandowen
WETA does awesome work. I'm so glad they're doing this.

Filmmaker451
Three words: LOTR of 2005

Maikahyandowen
hopefully

crickey77
It's finally here... Disney just released the official Narnia movie site last night:

http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/narnia/

Its pretty sweet - cool intaractive animation and a ton of info on the movies!

Crazy POTC Fan
REALLY! {snicker, turn on computer, find site. Scream with delight! giggle} I'm so happy. Well thanks for telling us all! happy

greyboy
this site just opened...

www.narnia.com

fyi - takes awhile to load, but definitely worth it! sweetest site i've seen in awhile.

Maikahyandowen
eek!

crickey77
Crazy POTC, glad you liked it! I knew there would be a few other Narnia fans who would enjoy the site as much as I did. Have you clicked through all of the cool stuff... just curious what you're favorite part was?

JamalMagloire
the new site is awesome. Love the animation and how you can scroll across the site to see all of Narnia. Pretty impressive stuff. and just think - this is the tip of the ice berg of what is to come! That behind the scene clip was awesome too.

Maikahyandowen
very. they better put lots of stuff on there

Filmmaker451
The trailer is gonna be premiered today at the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy and shown again at revenge of the sith for those who don't know.

Maikahyandowen
sweet rock

greyboy
yeah, the behind the scenes footage is very impressive...i look at the narnia site every day now...

i cannot WAIT to see the official trailer.... ::shaking with excitement::

Maikahyandowen
yay for trailer! Happy Danceclap

Nightwitch
As long as the Narnia movies dont come out like the Series of Unfortunate events it will do fine but otherwise maybe it should stay a book anyone else agree?

Filmmaker451
I know it's supposed to be shown at the hitchhiker movie but I think people would mention that(for who saw it) so I think it won't be till ROTS, But that's okay. It's the worth the wait * Pretends to be calm * * Leaves * *Doesn't pretend to be calm * Finds self on floor in desperate need of medication *

... Yup, I can wait forever wink

Maikahyandowen
*looks for medication* so little time until ROTS......*drool*

what was wrong with Series of Unfortunate Events? They did that one fine.

greyboy
I actually never saw Unfortunate Events, but i have complete faith in Narnia coming through for us. Saw in Newsweek a picture of the cast. Check it out:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/7692504/site/newsweek/

Maikahyandowen
cool! at least they look better than the fist Narnia movies.

greyboy
it's official...narnia trailer is going to be aired this saturday on ABC during the harry potter movie! set your tivos.

:: thinking about ditching friends and staying in to see the trailer sat night::

LightSaber_Part
I don't know if this has been posted.........................
My sister found this about a week ago and I think all of you will LOVE it. (I thought it was really cool)

The Chronicles of Narnia - The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe-Trailer.
http://s12.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2OWV8XM6N6K200DQW2TW7UWSE7

I have not read the books yet but my sister is a BIG fan of the Chronicles, (I'm going to read them before the movie comes out)

LightSaber_Part
Originally posted by LightSaber_Part
I don't know if this has been posted.........................
My sister found this about a week ago and I think all of you will LOVE it. (I thought it was really cool)

The Chronicles of Narnia - The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe-Trailer.
http://s12.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2OWV8XM6N6K200DQW2TW7UWSE7

I have not read the books yet but my sister is a BIG fan of the Chronicles, (I'm going to read them before the movie comes out)
So, smile
Has any one downloaded it yet??

koolruningz
^ Even though it was bad quality, that still gave me goosebumps. Thanks for sharing man.

Maikahyandowen
awesome

Filmmaker451
Originally posted by LightSaber_Part
So, smile
Has any one downloaded it yet??

I have! I could care less about the quality the trailer ruled!!!!! Can't wait to see it at ROTS... That is if when they say the trailers' playing at ROTS they mean in every country and not just america. I hope so.

Thanks you are a true miracle for god... (The following sentence should be read fast cause that's how I'm saying it and that's why it's funny)Or just a plain guy who is super generous but you can say it however you want big grin stick out tongue... Whew! I'm out of breath.

Jackie Malfoy
The books are great.But the mo vies are going to be terrible.Disney is going to rein them in anyway they could,.JM

draconigena
Reviving this thread for one extremely exciting reason...

CoN: LWW TRAILER!

I'm so unbelievably excited...

Maikahyandowen
did anyone watch Harry Potter on ABC on Saturday? They showed the trailer during that.

JamalMagloire
The trailer was awesome. This has jumped to my most anticipated for the year. The effects and all of the creatures look so cool. The stone table scene looks like it will be intense. I like that it is more colorful than LOTR.

BTW - its online now:
http://movies.channel.aol.com/franchise/exclusives/chronicles_of_narnia_movie

Maikahyandowen
more colorful? how?

Trickster
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
The books are great.But the mo vies are going to be terrible.Disney is going to rein them in anyway they could,.JM

That's a very pessimisstic approach.

I read through them when I was young, and since I wasn't/aren't in a religous household, at the time I didn't get the Aslan/Jesus thing, nor did my parents explain it. The story is good as a story, but since I read through them again I got the Christian element. (JM, it's not Christen)

Still, it would be impossible to remove it without ruining the story, so I personally think they won't.

On a lighter note;
THEY LOOK AWESOME!

Trickster
Btw, anybody else think the
The Chronicles Of
Narnia
The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe

Looked a bit like the zelda games?

Maikahyandowen
or perhaps the Zelda games look like the Lion Witch and the Wardrobe

JamalMagloire
Originally posted by Maikahyandowen
more colorful? how?

I just thought it was more sunny and the costumes were all bright and cheery. But the scenes I'm probably thinking of were when spring had arrived and not the winter ones.

Maikahyandowen
well, Chronicles isn't as dark as Lord of the Rings. but it does look pretty awesome

ApolloX
It looks pretty good but I just wish the main characters werent kids.
Kids kind of ruin the movie IMO.

shaber
I agree they should be scantily clad adolescents instead droolio that would require the storyline being changed somewhat!

Maikahyandowen
only slightly. roll eyes (sarcastic)

JamalMagloire
Originally posted by ApolloX
It looks pretty good but I just wish the main characters werent kids.
Kids kind of ruin the movie IMO.

If they are being true to the books, they have to be kids. But as the series progresses they will get older.

Not trying to be greedy - but wonder when the next teaser comes out? I want more footage!

TheVapor
i read on a website that disney has confirmed making the next two movies. do they mean the next two story wise or in order published, do you think they'll make Magicians Nephew and The Horses Boy or will they leave those out like the original movies. One thing i thought was that because MN doesnt have anything to do with the Pevensies i thought they would make that last as a prequel or would that be bad being released AFTER the last battle. your thoughts.

shaber
Erm... I think that the white witch should not be played by a middle aged mother of several confused

TheVapor
just read on Narnia Web that Prince Caspian IS going to be the next one made followed up by voyage of the dawn treader no doubt so those are the next two movies i mentioned Disney has confirmed. This is from an interview and another questioned answered in the interview stated that depending on whether this film and it's sequel do good depend on if all the books will be made into movies. The person being interviewed stated that Walden has optioned the ENTIRE series into film.....we can only hope smile

Maikahyandowen
that would be awesome

TheVapor
Seeing what they've done to LWW compared how the OLD ones look i think i may actually look forward to the Prince Caspian movie. The old one was BAD. the old VotDT was good but i can see goodness with that. Also how long did it take to make LWW? i reakon Prince Caspian will take less time and be a shorter movie but who knows. Even more cool would be if PC and VotDT were made at the same time and released within months of eachother like the Matrix 2nd and 3rd. From what i see expect Prince Caspian to be here 2007 and if they do a two at the same time then we can see VotDT in 2008 big grin

JamalMagloire
Originally posted by TheVapor
Seeing what they've done to LWW compared how the OLD ones look i think i may actually look forward to the Prince Caspian movie. The old one was BAD. the old VotDT was good but i can see goodness with that. Also how long did it take to make LWW? i reakon Prince Caspian will take less time and be a shorter movie but who knows. Even more cool would be if PC and VotDT were made at the same time and released within months of eachother like the Matrix 2nd and 3rd. From what i see expect Prince Caspian to be here 2007 and if they do a two at the same time then we can see VotDT in 2008 big grin

I'm totaly excited for the sequels too. I don't remember the Prince caspian movie. Don't think I ever saw it.

Maikahyandowen
the really old BBC ones? those were bad. but they did follow the books really well

TheVapor
Yes they did but why did they make Prince Caspian a short movie? Doesn't matter now. Walden will do good with prince Caspian. Like i said though. If BBC made it a short movie it will be shorter than LWW. LWW is being speculated at being around 2.5 hrs long. Prince Caspian will be 1:45-2:00 maybe

Maikahyandowen
Cause Prince Caspian's a short book, really. I saw the teaser for LWW at Star Wars yesterday. It was so cool!

shaber
I couldn't envision Horse and his Boy being dramatisable either.

TheVapor
Why Not????? ok i didnt read it the whole book myself but whether or not it is dramatisable or not is up to Walden Pictures and the Director. Look at what they've done to this movie! Greater than i could ever have imagined it. Plus ALL SEVEN have been optioned as ive said before.....so we'll just have to see cool

Maikahyandowen
Horse and His Boy wasn't really as great as the other ones. though it did have a decent battle at the end

TheVapor
I just finished reading a horse and his boy and i have to say out of the three Nania books it is my favorite. Thinking about it i think the Horse and His Boy should be the next movie NOT Prince Caspian; That is if they make all movies. Why? Here are my reasons:

1. They will already have the adult actors for the Pevensies from LWW and it would not make sence bringing them back how ever many years from now for this movie.

2. It makes sence. Showing the Horse and His Boy later on wont make sence but if coming after LWW it will.

The order i think the movies should be made is

1.LWW
2.Horse and his Boy
3.Prince Caspian
4.VotDT
5.Silver Chair
6.Last Battle
7.Magicians Nephew

comments please cool

Maikahyandowen
naw, Prince Caspian is much better than Horse. Hardly anything happens in that one. they should just go in order.

ickeris2003
the teaser looks awesome. cant wait till it comes out

Maikahyandowen
it's so longgggggcrybaby

JamalMagloire
Originally posted by Maikahyandowen
it's so longgggggcrybaby

Good things come to those who wait!!! wink

Regardless what order they do the books in - I'm sure they will be awesome. Hey anyone see any new news? After seeing the trailer, I'm obsessed with this movie.

TheVapor
Does anyone here watch Family Guy on Fox or Adult Swim. I never noticed before a joke about narnia. heres how it goes

Peter while doing laundry complains another sock of his is missing. so he goes into the dryer to find it when he stumble through a hole into narnia

A fawn comes up with his sock and says "My name is Tumnas and welcome to Narnia" in a cheerful voice.

Peter outraged he stole his sock yells after tumnas as he runs away "give me my sock back you hairy b***ard.

very funny. Anyway back to topic. i think your right that whatever order they go in they will be cool. Happy Dance cool when december comes we will all go eek! and we will all be smile big grin

Darth Vicious
I saw the trailer on Starw wars E3 and it looked good, Can anyone give me a quick summary whats the story/ies about?

shaber
You're joking right? blink

TheVapor
Quote I saw the trailer on Starw wars E3 and it looked good, Can anyone give me a quick summary whats the story/ies about? quote messed *goes to walden books, gets The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe and mails it to Darth Vicious*

no seriously read the book. yes

Darth Vicious
How and why can/would i be joking? Is it a crime that im not familiar with the book??? Just because you guys read it doesnt mean everyone has besides thanks to Google now i know what the books are about.

TheVapor
I was just joking. and no it isnt a crime at all. but really the books are great to read and most bookstores have them. and finding out the basic story line for each book isnt a good idea unless you absolutely dont want to read them which being so short you could get one done in a day.

Darth Vicious
I dunno, they seem more like Harry Potter than LOTR and the plot dont seem that great, we'll see.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>