Titanic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Punker69
You know I really loved this movie but I think its HIGHLY overated.I just cant figure out WHY this movie made 1 BILLION worldwide.And why no other movie has been able to beat it.Personally I think its because all the guys wanted to go see the naked lady.But what do you guys think about the movie and it being overated?

Cinemaddiction
I could go without seeing Kate Winslet naked, thankyaverymuch.

As for it making so much money, it just had a safe, worldwide appeal. It is thee ultimate date movie, that's how it was billed/promoted, and that's how it did in the theatres. It was an epic, definitive, all encompassing Titanic movie with a love story wrapped around it.

I'm a big fan of it too, but don't confuse it being overrated with just being a very popular movie. Critics never really raved over this one, except for it's set design and costumes.

botankus
I will forever hold a grudge against this film for robbing the Academy Award for Visual Effects from Starship Troopers!!

*Georgina_A*
I completely agree with you yes

Bad Boy
Pretty good if u ask me!

Fire
it's hugely overrated, it has some good scene and that's it

Krosus
I tried watching it for the neked lady when my fiance bribed me into loading it up on the dvd player but it just didnt work i was asleep for 3/4 of the movie ;/ and she didnt have the decency to wake me for the neked part either.

Fire
the neked part aint special, your girlfriend is prolly as sexy

Mr Parker
Yeah I love this movie also mainly because of what that other poster said about the set design and ALSO because Kate was in it. big grin I think thats why it was such a huge money maker was because of the fact that it had great state of the art special effects,is about a popular topic,and the teenage kids swooned over Leo as the adults like myself went back multiple times to swoon over Kate. smile

amlap
i thought this movie was overrated as well and i found myself regreting buying an 8 dollar ticket for it!

kalantiaw
this movie is indeed HIGHLY overrated. it is riddled with the cheesiest cliches. but i have to admit, it was a decent movie. and the naked part was not that long... unless you freeze it for like 10 minutes.

Kes
This movie sucks, mostly because of that lame ass love story sick
Yes, amazing art direction, yes the special effects are good, the photography and some really good camera angles but that is it.

Ushgarak
But is it crap, Kes?

Kes
The technical parts are good, to bad the acting and story isnt. Usually good acting and good story is better then technical stuff (Something's gotta give is a great example of that).
It is also boring has hell, to much time to say nothing at all.
So yes it is high on my craptometer.

fini
* fini looks for punker69's hidden just kidding. You know he usually disses a movie and then says he's kidding*

JKozzy
So incredibly overrated, it's not even funny sick
Definetly did NOT deserve 11 Oscars. At all. The love story was shit, pardon my french, but when I saw it I was looking forward to a straight-up plot about the whole thing, not that little love story. Although Kate... naughty..... but I would have rather had a good movie than boobies. yes

Punker69
Im not joking.And dont get me wrong I loved this movie but I just thought it was overated and made way too much money.

alic88
ya the 1 thing that incredibly surprises me bout titanic is 1.8 BILLION DOLLARS. DUDE THAT IS SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH MONEY. I MEAN RETURN OF THE KING HASNT EVEN MADE A BILLION!!! so i think titanicz record is 2 MUCH. as for 11 academy awards all i can say is WTF?

but literally every1 in the world watched this movie coz of kate winslet's boobs i think

Ushgarak
ROTK has made a billion now, I think.

But yes, Titanic's money intake was ludicrous. Mind you, inflation adjusted it is only sixth best selling of all time.

botankus
I would not have watched it at ALL even for Winslett's scene if I weren't dragged there at X-mas on a family trip.

Kes
No way! You can see boobs in basically every movie!

JKozzy
What are the other five? confused

Ushgarak
Here is the top ten. it is US takings only, because international takings are only really a factor of the last 15-20 years. Note that in 90% of cases films rate internationally in order the same as the US (a notable example of exception, though, would be Spiderman which had an amazing US performance but only a very good international one, so in a list like this would be disproportionately high)

1 Gone With the Wind (MGM) 1939- $1,187,690,000
2 Star Wars (Fox) 1977- $1,026,700,000
3 The Sound of Music (Fox) 1965- $824,100,000
4 E.T. (Univ) 1982- $815,000,000
5 The Ten Commandments (Para) 1956- $758,100,000
6 Titanic (Para) 1997- $747,400,000
7 Jaws (Univ) 1975- $741,100,000
8 Doctor Zhivago (MGM) 1965- $700,700,000
9 The Jungle Book (BV) 1967- $626,800,000
10 Snow White & 7 Dwarfs (RKO) 1937- $615,200,000

Punker69
But this was different the movie was pg13 and more people could go see it for the boobs smile I know I did smile

Kes
Oh, yeh. Americans are really strict on that.

Punker69
Plus someone mentioned to me that it made alot of money because less people downloaded movies back then ,but I dont think thats why.

fini
there is one reason why Titanic made sooooooooo much money, IT HAD MASS APPEAL. People from every country saw that movie, love storiesplay to a wider audience anyday. Think about it, did you aunts and grandmothers( and their friends) go to see LOTR, or Star Wars, or E.T?????????? My guess would be no, so a much wider audience saw Titanic, and a lot more pockets were empitied seeing it TOO.

The movie wasn't that great, but it was WELL made. I went to see the damn thing sink , and that they did really good.
The gooey love story was better than most out there ( i have to endure a lot of those when i go to cinema with my mom, me a good child and carry out my mom when she wants to), and it was weaved in pretty ok with the movie ( mind you that floating on the door in cold water scene was overkill)

Sigillum_Diaboli
i seen it 3 times for the boobies big grin

beaujay1
do you think that the effect of the soundtrack on this movie can make a person like it more???? because that probably why i liked it........it was so dumb when rose dumbly and lazily threw the stupid necklace in the ocean....if she really wanted to waste like a million $ she could have donated to the like, "Jack Dawson Foundation" or something

Fallen Jedi
i loved this movie.

Punker69
Again dont get me wrong I like the movie.And fini maybe your right thats a pretty good theory smile

shadow link
i think mos people were just dragged there by thre firnds and family who wanted to see it, the thing is rotk had as good proabably even better sfx and set design and all that seamless cgi, but it also has everything else titanic didnt have, a great story (thanx to tolkein) best music TOP NOTCH ACTING well thought out diologue and all that stuff which titanic was only average, and yet look at the difference in money and on 11 accademy awards for rotk, come on titanic got 11, rokt shouldhave got 14

maybe people dont want a movie with everything, just the best at one bit but the rest just average, maybe movies like lotr had too muchbfor people to comprehend

shadow link
one thing i want to add that i noticed is titanic as first was greatly lovre and stuff but then recieved a huge backlash fomr peopple, and now look at you, same a bit with rotk, some people in my class arnt ass excited as they should be about the trilogy

Punker69
Was anybody into movies back then that can tell us why everybody was going to see it?Because I wasnt into movies back then.

Mr Parker
Well as I said previously,I myself went back to see it mainly to look at Kate and was also really impressed with the special effects.I like movies that are historic also.a co -worker of mine who I went and saw it several times with,he told me he liked it so much also because of the special effects and that it was a historic event.

Punker69
Yeah the SPFX where pretty cool .

alic88
^ very well said. in pakistan even the people only watch arnold or stallone movies. but they still watched titanic. coz of the massive appeal

Punker69
Yah alot of people from different countries saw it to.

VilleValo462
yeah .. i guess so ..

ebola
Personally I thought this movie sucked.....
Not even the boobs bit or the special effects could get the echo of "Jack"....."Rose" , which were permanently chiseled into my head thanks to the downright rotten script.

The reason why it made so much was the wider audience that it appealed to and also the simplicity of the story. It also helps that almost everyone in the world has heard of the "Titanic".

OK.....so here is the million dollar question...........

How much more would Lord of the rings make if it showed Liv Tyler's boobs ?

Punker69
2 billion smile

eleveninches
I still think that titanic was a good movie, but it was WAY overrateed, and did not really deserve so many oscars.

Fallen Jedi
well, i saw the movie when it first came out in theatres. i didn't think it was overrated.

eleveninches
/\ really?, well its not that it wasn't a good movie, it's just that it wasn't the best movie ever, which it was being hyped up to be.

rianna_d
when I first saw it I was 14, ok, it's not a *bad* movie, but it's not on my top 10 of all time, it was overrated in my opinion.

Fallen Jedi
well, when i walked in the theatre i wasn't sure what to expect. i mean, everyone was talking about it, but i thought it was just another movie. i really like this movie.

persian85033
Well, I just watch it to listen to the music, and hear the song at the end during the credits. So maybe that had something to do with it.

Punker69
Really?You sat threw a three hour movie just for the song at the credits?

claidisa_felton
i really loved it. i wonder why its suddenly become fasionable to hate titanic cos i remember a time when everyone loved it. dont argue cos i dont wanna fight. its just my opinion.

JoshSquash2k4
Titantic Was one of the worst movies of all time I hated that movie with a passion that film was way overrated to me

Tired Hiker
Yeah, it was a sinker.

RobBo
EDIT

Pooh! Head for the lifeboats then!

Tired Hiker
RobBo, will you please leave me alone and not change what I say in your replies?

RobBo
Sure.

Tired Hiker
So, anyway um. ... .. blink

RobBo
If you'd have said this 4 hours ago I'd have stopped then.

Tired Hiker
Okay, thank you. smile

Punker69
Nice to see you guys made up big grin .

RobBo
Don't be a full time tw@t punk, take a day off.

Punker69
EDIT

I knew it!

howl_for_fowl
I hate that movie eternally for many reasons! it is the most obsolete piece of s**t movie i have ever seen, i mean come on! half of the dialoge is "Jack, Rose, Jack, Rose, Jack, Rose, Jack, Rose, Jack, Rose" really, did the person who was writing the script have alittle trouble? run out of words from his/her small vocabulary? well i wouldnt blame the poor bas.....(i cant think of a dif word). writing a stupid script for a three hour movie on a stupid 20th century boat! how many einstines have that privlage? 1 billion? it made lots of $$$$$$$$, but the reviews were probably teribble

Tired Hiker
OMG, I knew this guy who was a grip on the Titanic and he would always where Titanic Sweats, and Jackets, and shirts ... . it was funny.

Punker69
lol

Kes
RobBo and Punker do not do that again!

JKozzy
Hear hear! beer Way over-rated and not deserving of that number of Oscars by any means. The love story was not necessary by any means, when it first came out I was expecting a good movie about the boat, seeing what the movie was named, it definetly failed in that respect. It wasn't called "Jack's and Rose's Tragedy Onboard the Titanic".... ugh.

Punker69
No it wasnt smile

Nobody get me wrong ok I like this movie its in my top ten an I think it deserved those OSCARS but I just think it made to much money and its not the best movie ever thats why I think its overated.

WindDancer
Overrated
Too long
Boring
Young love
Celine Dion

no

I never like it! thumb down

JKozzy
Very well put, WindDancer thumb up A simpler explination couldn't be made wink

Xena fan
True I see your point. I like Titanic, but not as much as before. what i like the most is how they made it look like a convincing sinking. No big explosions or big fires. the scenes of the sinking ship look very good. I dont understand why ppl have change their opinions on the movie.

claidisa_felton
there was 2 reasons for the love story
1. not many people are gonna go and see a movie just cos a load of people drowned. well...unless theyre weirdos
2. you got to know the characters so you really felt something when the ship goes down. u really feel for them and its a lot more emotional

Kes
It wouldnt be about a lot of ppl that drowned. It would be about the Titanic, The unsinkable ship that sank on its inaugural voyage. The Titanic is a legend, it needed nothing more!
It did not need a love story, but if they wanted to put one it didnt need to be that lame ass fairy tale love story.

Punker69
hEY HEY HEY KES!

I thought the love story was an essential part of the movie.I mean you got get to know the characters in some way.And they could just show the ship sinking .It would of sucked without the love story.

JKozzy
THANK YOU KES! So true, so true. Titanic was the name of the movie, and I barely got to see any of it... anyone evevr play the Titanic game for PC awhile back? Now THATS the Titanic big grin

Punker69
THERE WAS A GAME ?!?!?!? oh lord!

JKozzy
Not based on the movie, let me assure you. Basically its a sort of mystery game, there's a lot to it... bah I'll just get you a link.
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/titanicadventureoutoftime/

JKozzy
Here's a few screens... they differ in size but they're some of the only ones I could find. Moved around sorta like Hypercard or Hyperstudio, for any fans of the original Myst...
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/screenshots/2/199022/titanic_screen001.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/screenshots/2/199022/titanic_screen002.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/screenshots/2/199022/titanic_screen003.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/screenshots/2/199022/titanic_screen004.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/screenshots/2/199022/titanic_screen005.jpg

Kes
You can know the characters and feel for them without a love story.
But like I said if they wanted a love story they did not need a lame ass love story. Just a normal love story....nothing over the top.

Punker69
The movie would have been stupid without the love story and it wouldnt have been as emotional.I wouldnt have felt for the character as much as I did.

tsk tsk tsk Kes Kes Kes

WindDancer
Thanks Jkozzy! smile

Maybe the love story could have work out if it wasn't sooo darn cheesy! But still it would have been better without all that awful teenage love dialogue!!! Ugh!!!

Punker69
*still cant believe there was a game*

MarkHobin
i havnt got a clue why this made so much money, i seen it once thinking it would be a good true to life story of what happened on Titanic, and shit like that, instead i get Leonardo Di Caprio drooling over Winslet!
How unlucky am i, i had to watch it twice!!

Verdict of this movie:Awful

Xena!
I think the Titanic was intended for a younger audience. those of you who are saying the movie suck! Maybe should see it again. notice that is mostly intended to attrack a younger audience. I still like it alot.

SpEeDwAy
It is true, the movie was HUGELY overrated and didn't deserve many oscars such as best picture, but the costumes and visuals were pretty good. Anyway, the only reason I saw this movie was because James Cameron directed it and I loved all his previous movies even though they were action films, but still I thought he could manage to make a love story I'd actually like.

JKozzy
What sort of younger audience are we talking? Teens? 20s? 30s?

Punker69
shes talking about babies that cant see the movie stick out tongue

Kes
I was like 14/15 when I saw it and I didnt like it.

Are you saying you only sympathize with the characters in movies if there's a love story?

Punker69
It sure helped.

WindDancer
Looking back a few years back, I think it was a film aim for teens. Prolly the Elders too. The Titanic merchandise was sold out and most of the buyers were teens. I know it sounds like I'm over generalizing. As far as I remenber that song "my heart will go on" (Which I don't like at all) was #1 in the charts. The soundtrack was sold out in many stores, and also when the video version came out there were tons of reservesions from customers.

Anyways getting back to the topic....Titanic for me was a cheesy movie, I didn't like the dialogues, the characters, or the music. One thing I do want to discuss is how the ship look. I personally like how the ship looked. The CGI was okay and not overdone.

Punker69
Yeah the diologe and the whole first movie was knda cheesy.But the last hour was dramatic and sad and god CGI!

JKozzy
I completely agree WindDancer. It wasn't that great at all, but everyone liked everything about it. There are always exceptions, so you're not over-generalizing too much. The ship was beautiful, it definetly deserved an award for the sets and CGI and such, that was spectacular. However, yes, the dialogue was cheesy, and I won't repeat myself again about the love story.

But one thing I'll never forget, they interviewed a 7-year old boy that saw Titanic, and was questioned about Kate W.'s topless scene, and he said "Her boobies were yucky!" laughing laughing

Punker69
lol

SlayerChick1188
rofl! laughing out loud

Punker69
laughing out loud

punkyhermy
Titanic is an amzingly brilliant movie that truely evokes emotions.i was breathless by the end of it and in tears at the last scene.all the way through i was clutching the arms of my chair, praying jack wouldn't die...it is a masterpiece,beautifully done. i watched it 2 times the same day i got it.the sweet haunting tune that comes up everynow and then, is still one of my favorites....bottomline, it is one of my fav. movies all time. kate and leo are brilliant and know their job...

Punker69
ok i geuss.....

Xena!
yes

Titanic for me is goreous, fill with romantic scenes, and memorable moments. i mean come on! Who is goin to forget when Leo and Kate scene together in the water after the ship sunk? i was weeping when jack let's go of her hand. Can you imagine the coldness the character is goin through?

those of you that are saying that the movie was cheesy and had no dialogues are obviouly NOT romantic movie fans! This movie was a romantic movie! What were you expecting? huge explosions or gun fights going off? Please!

I enjoyed it and i still think it deserved all 11 academy awards.

Xena!
I seriously doubt that a 7 year old child said that! The movie was PG13. roll eyes (sarcastic)

JKozzy
Yes, he was accompanied by his mother. It was on the news, meaning I saw it. I don't think they'd go to the trouble to rig an interview like that. erm

Xena!
I wasnt there so Ill believe you. At least you like the ship. Why do you think the dialogue was bad?

JKozzy
I don't know, I've just seen too many movies with love stories in them that the dialogue got old.. I mean in the beginning it was pretty good, but it wore out it's welcome to me, there's better, but there's also a lot worse. The interview was when the movie first came out; otherwise I'd try and dig it up stick out tongue
The ship was beautiful, I wish I could have been on it... with the exception of it sinking. The modern cruise ships are much different, perhaps they should recreate them all old-fashioned like the Titanic so people could experience it.. I personally would enjoy that.

Punker69
Yeah that would be cool smile.

Kes
2 of my favourite movies are The english Patient and Wuthering Heights! Now those are love stories!
I like the camera work, the photography, the sets...but the love story is cheesy and ruined the movie for me.
IMO it simply wasnt necessary!

punkyhermy
well the most important part of any movie to me at least is that it should make us care for the characters and titanic did just that.from the begining to the end,so much so that u wanted to see it all over again....

WindDancer
Ugh! Don't get me started on the English Patient that was another overrated cheesy love movie about WWII.

True, I'm not a huge fan of romantic movies. Some of us felt that the movie was going to involve a romance. But we weren't expecting the entire movie to be all about the love story! Some of us were expecting different stories from other characters.

I was expecting Titanic to involve many (MANY) characters. What we got was the story of two teen lovers aboard the ship! . There were thousands of ppl on board of the Titanic. It would been better to have seen more stories from the other ppl on board.

Cheesy lines? How about the infamous "I'm king of the World", or Rose saying: "A woman's heart is a deep ocean of secrets".

As I said before, Titanic would have been much better if only there were more characters. More stories could have help the movie better.

Kes
An independent movie overrated??blink yeh right.
It wasnt about WWII. It takes place during WWII.
IMO its about people, love, obsession and possessiveness.

Fire
I with WD
more characters kinda like the longest day or even better letting them all come together at the end (in the same life boat or so) would have been a lot better.

best part in titanic is that party of the lower class

punkyhermy
yeah!!!i loved it!!!

Xena
Oh brother! give a rest wil ya. The lines werent cheesy because they were said at athe appropiated moment during the film. I mean when Kate and Leo are on top of the deck and she said 'Im flying" that was okay it did made sense. did you see the movie poster? It was leo and kate holdin each other, that should been clue that the movie was goin to be about love. Im willing to bet that if it was Tarantino directing the film YOU will saying "is a masterpiece" or "the best movie ever! Titanic is about a love story. Deal with it.

Punker69
I totally agree with you Wind Dancer more characters and theire background would have been great.

Susan-Storm
The Film is very overated. The second part was Better then the first. cause the first was just love and drawing naked pictures. the second part was the ship sinking and all the deaths and the seaperation of jack and rose.

More of Ioan's Character would be good. cause his character was real..he was a real hero of the titanic along with a few others. molly should have done what she should have..which was threaten the man that she would throw him over board but in the movie she gave up..she would have not been know as the unsinkable molly brown if she did not do what she really did. alot of things from all the records and storys were not very true

Punkyhermy
This is a lovely film. One of my all time favorites. One of the best I've ever seen. happy

Flamboyant4Life
I only saw part of it......but wait.....there were boobs, and it was PG-13? How did they do that?

Dusty
Originally posted by Flamboyant4Life
I only saw part of it......but wait.....there were boobs, and it was PG-13? How did they do that?

Airplane was PG-13 and had boobs.

shrug

xXemo_loveXx
Personally I enjoyed Titanic, I'm guessing that the reason it made so much money is because it was based on a major event that happened and people wanted to see how it was portrayed, but that's just a guess.

cking
I never liked the movie, it is too much of a love story and it is too depressing.

coolmovies
I have the 4 disk set great stuff

cking
I have the VHS from when it first came out, I don't know why I got in the first place anyway. I should have given it some little kid or wrap it as a present and give to some random relative.

chez
Yes, I'm a chick and was a teenager when I first saw this movie.
Yes, when I watch it now some of the dialogue makes me want to vomit into the nearest trash receptacle.
Yes, Mr DiCaprio did not give a terrific note-perfect performance.
Yes, parts are cheesy like an aged cheddar and a lot of the dialogue does entirely consist of "Jack" "Rose" "Jack" "Rose" "Jack" etc.

But for better or worse, it still gets me reaching for the tissues at the end. embarrasment

GODOFALL1
I think you guys are crazy! This is one of the best love movies of all time! It was amazing. Very touching, very emotional. You guys just aren't sensitive people. smile

Now Million Dollar Baby.........that movie definitely didn't deserve any awards since that is probably the WORST movie of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cking
I guess it still is. it is Korney even for a love story. their are alot better sensitive movies than that, it just got too extreme.

coolmovies
blame the girls for watching it ten times

allofyousuckkk
i was one of the obsessive fans who saw it 11 times in the theatre, and then bought the bootleg and watched it twice a day for a year, but never got to buying the dvd.

coolmovies
wow welll i still remember when it came out and everyone was talking about it . Its a classic movie who cares how much money it made as long as u like it .

fionalin7
love this movie... one of the best movie ive seen in decades.... its like i watch this movie 10 times or more... and still im planning to watch this again...

naty`sweet
it was not the best movie ever...but YES it was ONE OF THE best movies ever! All the film was spectacular...the special effects were outstanding...and come on...i saw someone saying that he went to the film to see a movie about TITANIC...that sounded like TITANIC was a person...of course the ship plays the part...but it`s not a character...the story is about the people who sank on the Titanic...and about the lovestory...it was pretty good.Why?because i truly believe that there were enough stories like that on the real Titanic...lame story?no...just realistic..Come on,it`s a lovestory! if anyone of you has loved `till now,i guess you can find the lovestory..A LOVESTORY.I`ll end up saying that without the lovestory it would have become a DOCUMENTARY. i think i said too much,and maybe i haven`t said it all..but i`ll stop here.
P.S.: Don`t judge me it`s just an opinion!

raffopimp
i gotta agree with the kid under me. man u right.........

raffopimp
hey guys!

amity75
The last hour is probably the best documentary about the Titanic ever made.

Phat_Crabs
I don't care wuutt you fooz say, Titanic was the bomb.

Bo-Eee
I never went to see it at cinema and waited on the video release, friends had gone to see it there and raved about the special effects.

The story of the Titanic has always held a fascination for me, and I've seen past movies on it too before this one.

Yes the love story part of it was the worst thing they did about it, Kate Winslet was the better actor in the duet and that story could have been carried off in another movie set much differently, giving the chance for the film to go into detail about what the true survivors actually did.

The beginning and ending parts interviewing the old Kate could have been adjusted accordingly but other than that I still love the film.

It brought the story up to date visually, and at the time my son who was around 2 at the time, would sit glued to it!!!

The effects must have been good big grin

I am whatever..
I hate titanic its a load of rubbish.. My sister loved it though! sad

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth_Erebus2
Actually this is only the 5th or 6th (I forget which) highest grossing film when adjusted for inflation. #1 is Gone With the Wind and #2 is the original Star Wars.

Bonie
I like it but in a way its to much..

Member.
A huge ass ship breaking in half, what's not to like?

I guess I liked the design of those passenger liners back then.

Disturbed Angel
Originally posted by Punker69
You know I really loved this movie but I think its HIGHLY overated.I just cant figure out WHY this movie made 1 BILLION worldwide.And why no other movie has been able to beat it.Personally I think its because all the guys wanted to go see the naked lady.But what do you guys think about the movie and it being overated?
I think the movie got such good reviews, because it was a beautiful story made to take us into the true history of that night. I've been fascinated with the story of the ship ever since I was old enough to understand it. I think the movie was a beautiful and thoroughly heartfelt insight into the grandeur and the tragedy of the Titanic.
Long story short, it's my all time favorite.

Kelly_Bean
It's one of my all time favorite movies EVER! love This all reminds me that I need to watch it again, heheh!

DARKLORDCAEDUS
This is one the greatest movies of all time. Truly very good film and excellent acting with Leo and Kate.

Disturbed Angel
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
It's one of my all time favorite movies EVER! love This all reminds me that I need to watch it again, heheh!
I have it on DVD of course and watch it several times a week. vin And for a movie I've been watching nonstop for almost 11 years, I never get tired of it. love

ragesRemorse
It was a very well crafted movie. I'm not sure that the acting is top notch but it is certainly worth acknowledging. It was a well casted movie, but the recycled story didnt give the cast much to work with, however, the story was perfect for the movie. I am still surprised today to know how much this film grossed. Being such an atmospheric film based around an intriguing disaster i can understand it though. People love disaster films and people enjoy dramatic love stories. These two aspects combined with cutting edge visual effects culminated into an event in cinema.

These type of movies rarely appeal to me, but i think there is something for most tastes in the movie. The only gripe i have with the movie is that it grossed so much money and allowed james cameron to sit comfortable for the rest of his life which could be why he doesnt make films very often anymore sad

Disturbed Angel
You got a point- he's a brilliant director.

Wandering Flame
Watched it about 8 years ago, although now it just became my #1 favorite movie after watching it a second time just now.

Really...really...really...sad movie. sad

coolmovies
Just watched this yesturday its very good it made me cry

LoneUnknown
I first saw Titanic years ago when I was a kid and now own it on VHS (yes, I'm old fashioned) No doubt a great movie, great acting, and really emotional.

Discos
mmm....probably one of 3 movies I have cried at in my life.
It was a cry of happiness though, the ending sequence when she walks to "the clock" and sees everybody.

It is such a long movie too, definatly can only watch it once every 2 years or so.

Rogue Jedi
I cried as she released Jack's hand and he sank away.

coolmovies
I am also intrested in the history of Titanic and what happend. How they made the ship and what happend to the crew in 1912?

Anyone else intrested in its histroy ?

Discos
oh definatly. I watched a documentary on titanic about 3 years ago about a conspiracy and insurance fruad.

I read the whole thing about titanic on wikipedia this year, I was very very shocked to find out that they discovered the wreckage of Titanic recently....like in the 80's or something.

Punkyhermy
one of the best films i've ever seen.happy

i can't believe its been 10 years.

Deja~vu
Historical references to the different cultures aboard, were pretty true to life at that time period. Separating into classes or worthiness and accommodations and importance.

superr
There seems to be a lot of dissatisfaction of TITANIC expressed in this thread. I suggest watching A NIGHT TO REMEMBER. which i think has a better atmosphere of inpending doom and does without romantic sideshows
make up your own mind

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>