Chewbacca

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

krmgbp
I think that Chewbacca should have a ket role in the battle said to take place in Ep III. Does anyone contradict this?

PVS
im sure GL will give chewbacca a prominent position among the wookie army.
since he is quite old in the OT, and wookies have a long life span, its pretty safe to say the even in the ep3 he will be among the wookie seniors. perhaps he will be a general...or whatever high ranking wookies are called.

krmgbp
I hope so!

Morgoths_Wrath
yeah, Wookies rule. Chewbacca or bust

SomeGuy57
It would be dumb if GL did not give him a big role. It would be almost pointless to have him in ROTS if he didnt have some what a big role. He had a big role on the OT so I dont see why he wouldnt have a big role in the beginning of the movie.

Sith Master X
But as far as I've heard, Chewy's role is quite limited. erm

SomeGuy57
I know his role will be short but when he's on camera, it should be big and noticable.

Sith Master X
Yeah, I agree.

Lyn
I hope so. It will definitley help to link PT/OT like that.

NoFate007
Honestly I can't picture the Kashyyyk battle being that huge in importance...I mean, you've got 5 or 6 duels, one of which taking up 12 minutes...you've got exposition, a space battle, fights of the Clone Wars...the theatre scene...its nuts. I can't really see the Kashyyyk battle taking up a long time on the screen, so I don't know if ANY Wookie will have a big role.

jedijunky1138
Don't forget that Yoda playes a part in the Kashyyl battle. I don't think that a battle involving Yoda will be a small part.

Master Kadub
I think in the short time that Chewbacca is on screen it will be memorable.....

but remember this is about Anakin.....
but the Wookie warrior will rule....

vanyoda
It's kind of ironic that this pretty good thread was
started by a spammer. I think the Kashyyyk battle scenes
will be pretty good. The only problem for me is that all the scenes
will involve actors in front of blue screens. This must be the first
Star Wars movie that will not have any outdoor location filming other than background plate photography.

captainmidnight
i thought they filmed some scenes on tatooine?

jedijunky1138
The shots in front of all green/blue screen are PICK UP shots. they are allmost like afterthoughts.

Member.
who can really tell the difference between wookies? we might not even notice chewy walking past. unless someone specifically gives a certain wookie the name "chewbacca" or someone understands wookielanguage.

jedijunky1138
OHHHHH TRUST ME! We will know.

vanyoda
Maybe I was mistaken about there being no location photography
with actors. I remember reading somewhere that the only outdoor
photography so far was some backgrounds that will be digitally
inserted in shots. Like the Naboo battlefield shots in PM.

celibi87
hmm sounds awesome i agree the scenes with chewy in it will rock..though the kachyyk battle wont be very long

captainmidnight
no i checked it out van,you were right dude,they use all blue screen with some plate photograghy!!!!

Commander
Lego Merchandiselist:

Lego Wookiee kite flier
Lego Wookiee Katamaran and Speeder
Lego Darth transformation
Lego clone transformation
Lego Fighter Tridroide
Lego Grievous Wheel Bike and Bogar
Lego Anakins Jedi star Fighter
Lego ultimative light sword duel
Lego clone hunter

robakin
i met Peter Meyhew yesterday, but he wouldn't tell me anything about EP3. He says he can't only that Chewie is in it. i didn't think he was very nice to be honest.

Gangularis
haha..that's funny.

where'd you meet him at??

do you think chewie will interact with obi-wan in ep3?? and maybe that's how obi-wan meets up with chewie in the cantina, because he sorta knew him in the past??

CinematicESP
Nah. I think Obi-Wan has too many other things to do in ROTS.

I think seeing Chewie and his fellow Wookiees is one of the things I'm anticipating most about ROTS. I can't wait to see Kashyyyk. If it's anything like the concept art it will be absolutely breathtaking. And freakin Yoda is fighting with them! It's gonna kick ass.

guiro72
chewie is supposed to rescue yoda and carry him to safety when the proverbial hits the fan during the battle....that's a pretty prominent appearance i would have thougt....

since before tpm i have thought maybe obi would know chewie in ep III, and this is why he recognises him in anh in the cantina....looks like this is not the case, but he may still be known as an ally through word of mouth, or just that wookies in general are sympathetic to the alliance.....

the on location scene on tatooine was shot during the filming of ep II, and was said to be the final shot of the film....the rest will be/has been shot on stage sets....

guiro72
the rest of the tatooine scenes that is.....

PVS
yeah, yoda may have told ben to look for a wookie named chewbacca.
notice how chewbacca is the name he mentions in ep4, and not han solo.

guiro72
yeah, he finds chewie and they seem to get on well, almost as if they were old friends.....chewie leads him to han, and obi and han don't seem to get on too well at all (check the eye rolling in the widescreen version - never saw it as a kid, cause my copy was taped off tv).....i always found this funny....that's the kind of humour i used to enjoy in star wars, before the slapstick years...

PVS
"the slapstick years" laughing out loud

how very true roll eyes (sarcastic)

guiro72
another interesting side note, obi wan understands wookese(?).....again the twins are basically the only ones who are ignorant mono-linguists....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.