Lebron or Melo?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
Who do you think is either better or going to win the rookie of the year between Lebron James and Carmelo Anthony? Its pretty close race so far. Lebron's stats are just a little better but Carmelo's team has drastically improved and they are getting W's which looks good to the awards committee. The thing is, the Nuggets also added Andre Miller, Nene is playing better, they got Camby, and Leanard has been great. On the Cavs its just Lebron, Boozer, and Ilgauskis. I want to see Lebron get it but Carmelo is cool too. It will be close and the W's may sway things towards Melo.

Myth
Shit, I meant to make a poll but oh well. My vote goes to Lebron (hopes) and he could clinch it if the Cavs continue to win but it may be just a streak as where the Nuggets have won all year.

SAtown_punk
I like 'Melo better, but it will more than likely be Lebron. He has better numbers. But 'Melo has helped his team a lot more, and their in playoff contention now.

forumcrew
lebron

LeAtHerRFace
Lebron...

Myth
Not disagreeing because I really have a hard time choosing, but the Cavs are pulling into playoff contention now as well but on Melo's side, Melo is only barely avging less in most statistical stats.

DanZeke25
I am voting for Lebron cause he helped at his team and they hav a chance at the playoffs cause of him and Carmelo is doing good and so is his team but they got new players like Boykins and Nene is playing 10 times better than last year.

SAtown_punk
That's true, too. As I said, Lebron will get it, because he has lived up to, and surpassed, the hype. And Cleveland will make the playoffs this year...which doesn't say much for the East, but Cleveland has gotten a lot better.

Myth
What do you guys think now? I will be mad if James doesn't get it at this point. I would be fine with co-rookies of the year because Melo does deserve it a lot too, but if Melo gets it all by himself, it will be a repeat of last years Amare over Yao. Yao should have one it last year but Amare got it because the Suns made the playoffs. If Melo gets it, its because Nuggets made the playoffs but Melo had an easier path this season. Melo had the the help of Camby, Nene, Andre, Boykins, Barry etc. James had the help of McInnis, Zydrunis, and Boozer. However, James also had to play half the season out of position at PG without McInnis. The Cavs would have made the playoffs too if they started with a PG. When James plays bad, Cavs lose. When Melo plays bad, the Nuggets can still win. They proved that tonight by beating the Kings even though Melo played poorly.

Linkalicious
I pick James because he is a better basketball player right now. He can run the point just as well as anyone in the league. He has a huge frame, great speed, phenominal jumping ability, and a desire to learn the game...

Melo is great and he will have a wonderful career in the NBA, but i think that Lebron delivered quite nicely for all of the hype that surrounded him...

ElectricBugaloo
bron bron.

just cause that's fun to say

Linkalicious
oh and Cara-Melo isn't?

ElectricBugaloo
no. it isn't

Sarah15
I like Lebron better...but Carmello is cool too...

xeous
LeBron. The fact that he's lived up to the hype is just amazing...Also, remember that he is a few years younger than mello...I know it SHOULDN'T count but you can bet that the voters will think of it...

Myth
He is only 1 year younger but Carmelo's 1 year of college is a lot of experience.

Alias_Neo
Lebron has more natural talent, but it seems to me that Carmelo is a much smarter player. He isnt as predictable as Lebron, but then again, in 4 years, Lebron will be a god in the NBA, like nothing we hav ever seen. Carmelo will be an All Star for years thoughyes

justinday15
Lebron, because him and Melo are neck in neck stat wise, and melo went to college for a year and lebron came straight out of high school.

Myth
Then again, the question for the award is, who was the better rookie. Not who was the better rookie concerning their experience. I still say Lebron but thats the way it should be viewed for the selection.

justinday15
If the nuggets beat the T-Wolves in the first round of the playoffs, Melo might get it.

b-ball_chick
I go for Lebron but Carmelo is real good too...

scoobym
It just seems as if Lebron has a lot more maturity. I go with Lebron

Smasandian
I chose Lebron, but after I would chose Chris Bosh, Wade and Hienrich and then Carmelo. All in that order.

cal31
Originally posted by b-ball_chick
I go for Lebron but Carmelo is real good too... Can this be even a question? Lebron is one of the top 5 players in the league at only age 20, while Carmelo is a whiny ***** who only can score, and isn't even very good at that.

b-ball_chick
Guess you are right, but I still give Carmelo some credit wink

wuTa
yea....this question was asked in the beginning of last season....bron has taken this one by a mile since than....and wade if you ask me is right up there with bron bron....since no one gave the east a chance, wade didnt get any publicity until the playoffs last year

b-ball_chick
uh huh yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.