OT DVD Credits

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LanİeWindu
I noticed upon viewing the DVD's, particuallary The Empire Strikes Back & Return Of The Jedi, that they never gave credit to the actors that were added for this DVD release.

IE:

Ian McDiarmid as the Emporer in ESB.
Temuera Morrison as the voice of Boba Fett in ESB/ROTJ.
Hayden Christensen as Anakin's Ghost in ROTJ.

I know that if I were added into the Original Trilogy I would want credit where credit is due.

Do you think George just overlooked this or if it was done on purpose, and if it was done on purpose...why?

Discuss.

amity75
Probably some kind of actors union anal rules. Or maybe he just couldn't be bothered adding them.

yerssot
credit where credit is due?

they shouldn't be in it in the first place stick out tongue wink

Morridini
Perhaps not Hayden and Temuera, but I think McDiarmid should be in ESB.

robakin
i noticed it too. like it or not they are in the movies they should get a credit.

queeq
The ESB credits even included Clive Revill as the Emperor.... ???

DARK ASSASSIN
guess they totally overlooked.

queeq
Dunno, maybe the wanted to keep the original credits in tact. It's rather odd though.

Red Superfly
I noticed that too, and now I'm pretty sure these DVDs were a bit of a rush job.

Fancy that, the LAST bloody movies to get a DVD re-release and they still arent finished.

Some day, some day.

tpaquin
Why would you look for soemthing like that?

queeq
Indeed. Lucas keeps saying films are abandoned, not finished. laughing out loud

Reborn Again
Well I think he should abandon his SW films because in trying to finish them -- or improve them -- he's only losing fanbase. I for one hate Lucas for his so-called improvements. He's managed to turn 3 great films into pieces of crap.

mephistodesigns
then why do you post in here all the time? If you hate him so much shouldn't you be moving on to something better?

Darth Jello
the credit issues probably have to do with screen actor's guild rules. they really hate Lucas and are the primary reason why Gary Oldman will not play General Grievous.

mephistodesigns
wasn't that lame? I can't believe Oldman didn't have more balls about the situation.

JKozzy
I.... was going to comment, but I forget what. But hopefully, one day, these films will be completed. If the few errors weren't made in the current release, I'd be happy. I don't whine about the changes he made, they're his films, so whatever. As I said earlier, the storyline is completely intact, at least Leia didn't turn into a shemale or the Emperor didn't say "Weeeeeeee!" when he fell down instead of "Ahhhhhh!".

queeq
It's not that bad. Some changes are quite good. I can even watch the Rancor scene without cringing now.

cylob49
i read that they are coming out again in 2006 on a format called laserbit
all six of em

mephistodesigns
according to lucasfilm, the release of the "ultimate" or "archival" addition, they will not be released until 2007. That's what an "insider" said on a site I was on, I can't remember where I read it, it was in the begininng of September... and it wasn't that freak supershadow either...

queeq
It wasn't? Then I doubt it's reliable... wink

Gangularis
anyone pick up the credit for who does jabba the hutt's voice ina new hope, as opposed to who does the voice in rotj

mephistodesigns
dude, nobody "does" his voice. ILM makes the language out of sound effects and filters. You believe there's really Huttese too? Lucas writes their (aliens) dialogue in english, ILM does the rest.

Gangularis
dude, you're wrong there. it's either on the documentary or during the commentary where they mention how his voice was made in rotj. LOL you think the voice is just made up synthesizer sounds?? rofl!!

in fact, i can tell you that the guy who did his voice in rotj was also the guy who did greedo's voice. what i'm trying to establish is whether or not that guy is credited with jabba's voice for a new hope.

k, great. thx.

queeq
Probably Ben Burtt himself. He also did Poggle the Lesser.

yerssot
Ben Burtt tells the whole history of Huttese in the commentary

queeq
He does... *yawn*

mephistodesigns
Gangularis--I was pointing out that it is messed with so much, that to credit someone with the voice is kinda stupid. That would be like saying Ben Burtt was the voice of Artoo because he recorded himself doing baby talk and then messed with it on his machines.
and you do realize we have smiley's for rofl and lol don't you?

Gangularis
no, ben burtt didn't do the voice.

regardless of how much they mess with it, there's still the base.. which is the person's voice..

i think it's significantly different than whoever's voice they used for the old jabba in rotj.. and in keeping with the topic, was just wondering if anyone bothered to check the credits of a new hope to see who did it for the restored/added scene.

mephistodesigns
I know he didn't do the voice. that's why I said it would be "like" my example. But I see what you're saying, there was the base, his voice seemed louder. But I think its how someone pointed out before that its because he was in a large audience chamber so it would have more resonance.

queeq
Errm.... who cares again?

Gangularis
who cares??

no one is dying over this topic, obviously.
it's just an inquisitive statement.

i could say "who cares" to hundreds of posts on these forums.

but with regards to the responses i've seen in this thread, and the thread i started about jabba in a new hope, i'd say a decent amount of people "care" to some degree about it.

queeq
OKay. wink

mephistodesigns
laughing Yeah, it doesn't bug me. Now he's fat, all is well. His voice is cool with me too.

queeq
You like fat?

mephistodesigns
On my Hutt's I do! laughing

Gangularis
wonder what a baby hutt looks like.

think most of them get squished or sea salted?

queeq
laughing out loud

mephistodesigns
All nice and juicy, its' no wonder Salacious would just kick back chillin' on Jabba's tale. Its the ultimate contour pillow! laughing Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.