do you think celebrities should publicly announce who they are going to vote for??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

beaujay1
i personally think they should not. The reason for this is because we look and listen to celebrities for their "talent."(dont even get me started.) we should not have to look at every headline in the grocery store, or look hear another so called protest from some dumb celebrity who has no basis for his/her argument/protest. we listen and watch them for entertainment. not to get some lame ass celebrity who has no idea what they are talking about and just wants some kind of "political" voice. HA! try looking to the american public for a real voice...

Mr Zero
How exactly is saying who they vote for "protesting" ?

I don't think that you explained your reasoning why you are against it very clearly... please elaborate whydoncha?

mc pee pants
i really don't care. if you're politically influenced by celebrities, you have the right to have your brain donated to scinece since it's barely used... and p.diddy is f*cking annoying with this vote or die sh!t.

Mr Zero
You took some of the words right out of my ... mouth. But some people sadly ARE influenced by celebs - hell take a look round KMC at the people peeing in there pants about "celebs" as if they are gods.

When it comes to politics, never misunderestimate the stupidity of peoples. Thats my motto.

Silver Stardust
I really don't care...I don't give a damn who some celebrity's going to vote for...

Zelda Lestat
it depends on who the celeb is....if it were someone reliable like, ummm, hold on...................

Darth Revan
Depends. These dumbass rappers should be shot for what is possibly the worst ever "get out the vote" campaign. But I don't mind it so much from people who I expect to hear it from--members of political bands and such. Some celebrities actually do care about the issues, some do it just because it's the recent trend.

Regardless, I won't be influenced by what somebody says just because they're famous.

§pearhead
really...who cares confused

and if you do care, you look into things waaaay too much

Mr Zero
World of difference between telling somebody who you intend to vote for, and using your "fame" to encourage people to vote -

until celebs start to encourage people to tear down the very fabric of society with civil disobedience i'm glad they at least try to mobilise the lazy ass Internet addicted youth into taking a dim occasional interest in politics.

Royal Knight
celebs should keep their mouths shut

ElectricBugaloo
yes, but who cares?

If they can be mercilessly hounded by papparazi, have every little thing in their lives looked at in minute detail by everyone, be criticized freely, then if someone wants to listen they should be able to talk about whatever they want--including politics.

lil bitchiness
Thats pretty much what I think thumb up

Political bands you expect that from anyway...its what they do anyway, thats their direction.

Besides, celebrites have freedom of speech do they not? So if they want to say something, let them.

Royal Knight
but it seems that when celebs do it..they have to make such a big deal about it confused

Zelda Lestat
HEY!!!!! I'm a lazy ass internet addicted youth and I happen to take more than just a dim interest in politics and not because some fake ass celebrity says so!!

Turbo-Cajun
If you are in a position of public influence...a place where you can influence public opinion, and you are concerned about an issue, or you want to campaign you should feel obligated to. If you can bring attention to an issue or something that you care about, you should try to get out and influence people. Personally, most of the people out there with influence i dont want to hear from (except some of the concerts out there that are benefiting a campaign), but maybe they will help bring in some swing votes out there for Kerry so its cool.....

lil bitchiness
Yeah, that kind just do it for their own publicity, not because they are wanting to stand up for something. thumb down

Just because someone is a celebrity, it doesnt automaticly mean that they have absolutely no political views, if they wanna share them, cool, dont mean the rest of us will follow.

Zelda Lestat
Yeah, even though neither canidates are all that prez-worthy if you ask me, if i was old enough to vote mine would go to Kerry too.

Tex
It's so ridiculous to think that celebrities should only publicly display their "talents" and hide every belief, opinion that makes them human.

They're people with opinions just like you and I.
Difference is when they speak, they're usually heard.

If you dont like what they say, dont listen to them.
If they offend you dont support their work.

I dont hear anyone bitching about those pro-Bush country music stars! laughing out loud

Toby Keith! tongue2

Turbo-Cajun
A little off-topic but, I heard Toby Keith loves the wiener

finti
why not, if people vote the same as them just because they are celebs they are stupid. One have ot make up ones own mind on issues and not be guided by celebs just because they are celebs

BackFire
Celebrities have every right to say who they plan on voting for, you know, that whole freedom of speech thing. If people are stupid enough to let a celebrities opinion sway their decision on who they are going to vote for then that's their problem.

Clovie
i don't care

Linkalicious
I just hate when I do something like go to a concert and pay good money to watch a band perform...only to get the 10 minute speech on who I should vote for and why by some musician that I care nothing about....aside from their music.

I'm ok with it if it's a band that bases their music around politics or if their concert is aimed at sending out that sort of message.

Basically, I don't pay good money to hear their views, i pay it to hear their music.

botankus
That happened when I saw A Perfect Circle last May. I like Maynard and the work he's done with Tool and APC, of course, but the 5-minute speech he gave to people who probably couldn't even find the voting polls to begin with was completely unneccessary and almost ruined it for me.

Linkalicious
well i use the Dixie Chix little debacle to be my basis for my opinion.

I'm sure a lot of Bush haters are stoked that they sent out a message like that to the audicence. But seriously now girls...just shut up and play. I'm not here for you to set a mood of political seriousness when it's time to kick back and enjoy music.

I want to leave that concert trashed, with my voice 1/2 gone, and my bladder full of alcohol. Not with some mundane desire to find a voting booth.

botankus
laughing out loud LOL @ Link. Don't we all, huh?

Linkalicious
i tend to succeed more than i fail. big grin

BackFire
I don't know why everyone has a problem with musicians giving their political opinion at concerts, I just use that time for a bathroom break.

Tex
At a Dixie Chix concert? eek!

beaujay1
hey i get you guys....maybe i am going into this too much...i guess they have their damn right to say whatever they want but still....i explained myself and i think its a good controversial topic

Linkalicious
No it was at a Tom Petty conert with Jackson Brown opening for him. And Jackson just wouldn't shut the hell up.

BackFire's right...I did go to the bathroom during it. But I could hear everything he was saying...

botankus
Yeah, during speech time I do too, but it's so damn hard urinating on them with those bouncers in the way! big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.