Cover songs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tirekicker
Hey,
I wanted to know what everybody thought when concerning cover songs. Like what should be left alone, those that have to be done, etc.
I have a band and we play half covers, half originals and I'd just like to get some outside opinions.
Peace

Mr Zero
nothing is sacred -

the only rule is dont do a cover and try to make it sound like the original - thats a waste of everybodys time.

Turbo-Cajun
What kind of stuff do you guys play? that makes a big diff as to which covers are kosher and which are best not dealt with

Darth Revan
Some covers suck, some are pretty good. Like Zero said, don't try to make them sound like the original song. Waste of time, most people would rather just listen to the original.

But APC's cover of "Imagine," and RATM's "Renegades of Funk" album (all covers) are both very good.

Ronny
imagine is the only cover i like embarrasment im not really into people redoing songs

finti
Jeff Buckleys cover of "Hallelujah" is awesome

plenTpak52
covers can be really good. Most of the good ones are almost just re-written music with the same lyrics over it.

finti
Fred Durst is number on on my death list for ruining the reputation of a perfect song

Bierbommetje
Off topic: I might be wrong but what pisses me off about Renegades is that it doesnt mention the copyright of all the songs. Like theres maybe 5 or 6... I mean come on... I thought RATM would be the last to not include the original writers. That kinda disapointed me...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.