10th planet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HiddenPotential
Ever heard of this,
Ancient sumerian tablets tell the story of a tenth planet that struck primitive earth and the gods from that planet gave them knowledge of the planets, mathematics, and agriculture.

http://xfacts.com/x.htm

Darth Revan
If a planet had literally struck the earth, all life would have been wiped out, and there would have been no people for the gods to give knowledge of planets, mathematics, and agriculture...

Turbo-Cajun
I've heard of that. Some people think Jesus came from that planet...

I'm dead serious, it came up in class today... im not making that shit up. I have an Indeginous Spirituality class and someone borught something up that needed some explaination. People have said that shit about the Egyptians before too. You'd think with all the technology and resources available NASA could ****ing figure out how many damn planets are in the solar system. Retards....

SaTsuJiN
interesting.... we'll probably all be dead and buried before we hear of an actual discovery though

BackFire
Reading this just made my IQ drop 10 points, thank you.

A PLANET hit earth? Man, the things people take seriously.

Clovie
the hitting thing is rather strange messed

but i think it is probably that there was some civilisation, and they've taken part in creating our erm
just look at the similarities betweeen ancient egypt and south american indians...

The Omega
Jesus is an alien????

laughing
Oh, man... I know EXACTLY how BF feels...

finti

HiddenPotential
ok people, you are gonna have to check out this one page
http://xfacts.com/xnews/index.html
If you want to get the facts

The moon was created by the tenth planet or one of its moons whacking earth long before it had life, its the STORY given to the sumerians from the gods.

I watched just yesterday a program on the origins of earth and they talked about the big bang, evolution, and this exact theory.

nova, national geographic, and nasa. All find it very probable to have happened.

HiddenPotential
what about the similarities between the pyramid formations on mars and our own.

Also if you go to the page, you will see that the sumerians have 7 tablets of creation and the story of the flood thats almost exactly the story in the bible.

Also they have a tablet that depicts the sun as the center of the solar system and 10 planets in size and order (6000 years ago), also they knew the colors of the planets they had no way of seeing.
It can be found here: http://xfacts.com/x2.htm

finti
hmm kind of rocks with your chrisitan faith there HP

Gregory
Bollocks. What else is there to say about a web site that touts the "face of Mars" as evidence for anything? I mean, did these people do any research? I sort of hope not, because if they did, they're not merely wildly incompetant, but blatent liars, and I hate to think ill of my fellow humans; but how else could you explain their use of "The unaccounted-for mathematical irregularities in the orbits of the outer planets" for evidence when more recent (and precise) measurements have no shown that their are no irregularities to explain away?

Mandos
Man. You must've watched that episode of Mystery Hunters too! stick out tongue

Nazgulinthedark
what are sumarians? stick out tongue

Tptmanno1
Not even gonna respond,

The shit you find on the net............

Darth Revan
This is true. But there was no life on earth at that point, it was still a drop of molten metal and rock floating around in space. Any life on either planet would have been totally obliterated. So I don't understand how you think that any ancient cultures had (true) knowledge of such an event.You take things WAY too seriously.

Gregory
Actually, the Sumerian story says that the Moon was the child of Ninlil and Enlil (who rapes her, and is banished for it). It's a sort of confusing story, but no tenth planet anywhere.

HiddenPotential
oh, ok, nevermind

I guess the fact that the sumerians had knowledge, that took us forever to find, isnt of any interest.

Darth Revan
The Sumerians obviously didn't know what they were talking about, since they thought that they existed back when the tenth planet struck the earth, and that the gods from that planet gave us their knowledge. Which of course is pure bull. Therefore it is mere coincidence that they had a story which VAGUELY resembled the formation of the moon.

Gregory
Bollocks again. Did you actually look at the chart? A lot of random dots around a star symbol (I think that it is not the Sun symbol, but I won't insist on that unless I find a source). There are twelve of them; and people are so desperate to believe that they decide that they symbolize the nine planets, Earth's moon, and a mysterious tenth planet. Mind you, there's nothing about the dots themselves that indicate this; it seems clear to me that someone decided what the dots were evidence for, then twisted everything to fit his interpretation. Even if we accepted that that represented our solar system (which isn't evidenc), maybe the other dot represents Io, or Ganymede, or the Astroid Belt, or the large (but not large enough to be a planet) object that was recently found beyond Pluto, or the astroid belt. That it represents a tenth planet is nothing but someone's wishful thinking.

According to the theory I am familiar with, incidently, a rogue moon-sized object struck Earth, possibly opne of Mars' moons knocked from its orbit; not a tenth planet.

HiddenPotential
Darth-The sumerians vere given the story of how earth was hit, they werent actually there.

Gregory yes there are 12, 10 planets and the sun and our moon.
also the sumerians have a language, its not like everything was interpreted by pictures.

watch the video from nasa
http://xfacts.com/x1.htm

Hey, if your not going to take a look at the site or the many videos that explain very well the purpose of the site, then let this thread die.

Gregory
You're the one whose not listening. The entire reason they gave for suspecting there was a tenth planet was that the orbits of Uranus and Neptune were wrong. I mentioned right in my first post that newer measurements (from the Voyager probe, for example) seemed to show everything where it was supposed to be. Did you not notice how old (read: out of date) that video was?

I was right, by the way; the Sumerian sun symbol is "a circle with four triangles around it like rays, and squiggly lines between the triangles." The seal isn't even a picture of the sun, much less a commentary on how our galaxy is arranged.

Oh, and you know, the Sumerians did write on astronomy; it's a little unfortunate for your theory that none of the things they wrote mentioned more than five planets , isn't it?

Reborn Again
The so-called tenth planet orbits our solar system, but makes a huge orbit beyond Pluto and doesn't return for god-knows how long. But it is in orbit with our Sun. Ancient astronomers most likely saw this planet thousands of years ago because that's when it first appeared to them in the night sky. It doesn't stay in our social system for long. It zips around the Sun and makes a be-line for deep space. This is a proven astrological fact. No planet slammed into Earth thousands of years ago delivering aliens. A meteor hit Earth destroying 90% of all life back during jurassic age, but no aliens. Sorry. Where the ancients got their high-tech knowledge to build the wonderful monuments we see together that stand up against the sands of time is a mystery. The Sphinx is thousands of years older than previously sought. It was build when Egypt was a fertile plain with grass and trees. Water erosian is an obvious point seen on the Sphinx. Then Egypt had a major weather change and it became a dessert. But as far back as the written pictograph in stone, people have had contact with an alien species, shown in strange spacecraft pictures. Some say Atlantis was the master race that gave the ancient world its tech knowledge and then disappeared and they came from space. Who knows really.

HiddenPotential
Just 5 days ago I watched a show called "Origins" on the science channel, where they depict a planet hitting earth and creating our moon.

I think it was a Nova program.

Anyways its interesing to think the sumerians knew of this and we still cant confirm it.

Also some of the info is a little strange, but if you really take a look around and watch some of the videos it explains why they believe what they do and its quite convincing. I realize I cant read sumerian text and they could be making it up but it sounds pretty honest to me.

Cipher
Nova did show that theory and it is not just the accepted theory but holds up to known scientific facts. There are nine planets now, once there might have been 11 accounting for the asteroid belt and the Mars-sized planet that hit the Earth.....

Ancient people made up stories to explain things that they had no answer for.
If there is some tenth planet out there, it has no life on it because it is no where near the sun......

finti
hmm sounds like just about every religion that exist now

Cipher
Exactly. That's how they all started......

Ytaker
Take rain; what reason could it happen but some god wringing out his beard? Or sunlight, maybe the eye ball of the king god floating around. It's easy to believe it if you don't know about the circle of water, and gravity.

Cipher
A point that humanity has passed even if some don't want to admit it.

Evil Dead
yes the Earth was struck by other planets.........billions of years ago before there was any life..........that's how the solar system was created. Our star (the sun) pulling in passing objects and hurdling them all around like billiard balls on a table, slamming into each other, breaking pieces away untill they all settled into their orbits.

Now what does any of that have to do with some non-existant Planet X......or Nibiru as the new age hippies call it? We have the Hubble that can see hundreds of galaxies trillions of light years away from our Milky Way.......but can't seem to find a "sister" star in our own galaxy or some rogue planet with an eliptical orbit around both? Come on now........surely you realize the flaw in this thinking. I'm not talking about some small Sedna size planetoid here........we're talking about a huge planet to keep this eliptical orbit.

p.s.

since that picture supposedly shows the sun, moon and 10 planets..........why is the earth's moon included yet no other planets' moons? Where's Sedna? Surely if our moon is depicted Sedna would also..........ofcourse so would all the other moons in the solar system, especially those giants of Jupiter. Exactly.......b.s. horse manure.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.