The future is.... hangovers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mechmoggy
It was my oldest mucka and drinking buddy's birthday yesterday and I got about 10 text messages from friends organising a session this Saturday. Sort of a B'day/St.Pat joint celebration you might say.

The problems is the planning has reached fever pitch and not content with starting the "all dayer" at opening time, they have organised to meet at a friends house at 9:30am to start drinking cans!

Oh dear, I'm doomed. sad

Finti, what are the odds of me being ill Sunday?

finti
Never set a bet on a sure thing!!!!!!!
Eh try drink a glass of water or milk before you hit the bed Mech.
The reasons for headache and hangovers is low water cnsitent in your body you can, partly, compansate this by drinking about a pint of water just before you go to bed. ALso very important dont mix too much of various alcholic beverages. If you are a beer man stick with beer. Red wine, you need to drink water too, drinks and stronger stuff same thing as with wine. Dont mix by drinking some beer, some wine and then harder stuff.
Follow these small advices and you will be fine, if you dont then you are F*****. evil face

mechmoggy
I think it was Tex or To who gave me the "pint of water before bed" theory last time I had a hangover. The problem is I'm never in any fit state to think about things like that when I get home.

Once I had so much trouble opening my front door that I gave up and curled up into a ball to sleep on my front door step, I woke in the early hours freezing my ass off. Does that sound like the behaviour of a man thats gonna remember to drink water before passing out?

Dim
Hmmmmmmm..no..

Maybe if you write yourself a note and put it on the door before you get yourself pickled..er drunk.

finti
he wont be able to read it, he aint smart enough to open the door for crying out loud. Have a nice weekend TO evil face and by the way those two yanksgivng you advice about drinking water before you went to bed. roll eyes (sarcastic) The yank beer is like water so what do they know

queeq
laughing out loud

barbie_girl
im lucky i dont get hangovers!!!!

keokiswahine
prevention: Drink whole milk or butter milk before starting your boozing. The cream in the milk will coat your stomach.

Drink a glass of water every time you take a pee break, to replace the water in your system, so you don't dehydrate.

Do you hafta drink so much? Can't you have fun with some drinking, not mushing your body out? My neighbor is now an alcoholic whereby every time he drinks, his liver is so pickled, it cannot process all the booze, and shuts down, causing the blood in his system to backup into his stomach, and he vomits blood, 2 pints, each time. He collapses and has to be dragged to the hospital for a new infusion of blood. You're heading that way, pal.

ToMacco
roll eyes (sarcastic) Well, I don't think Mech is THAT bad.

I am the master of being hungover. And yes, it was me that told you to drink massive amounts of water before you sleep.

You don't need advice, Mech. Just go and have a great time, make sure you've got Asprin in the morning.

Texas
Just get drunk on life Mech! big grin embarrasment
*giggles*

ToMacco
Or on booze smile

finti
that will do

ToMacco
Horray for liquor! smile

finti
I go for beer

ToMacco
Mmmmmmm. . . .beer. smile

finti
yes

ToMacco
Speaking of hangovers, I'm hung over right now! sad

finti
seldom get hungover, just tired cause of the lack of sleep

ToMacco
You'd get a lot more sleep if you went to bed drunk. But then you wouldn't get up. . . sad

finti
no dont go to bed with a rising buzz, thats some of the reasons for hangovers

ToMacco
Yeah, that's true.

barbie_girl
i prefer whisky and vodka. sum alco pops are nice like wkd, red sqquare and archers snapps!

mechmoggy
Oh man am I hung over. Haven't been sick yet but I'm pretty sure its gonna happen. Mrs.MM is making me a sausage sandwich as I type this so that'll do the trick. sad

mechmoggy
Yep, just the smell of the sawny made me throw up, not nice at all. sad

The worst part of it is that I don't remember a large portion of the evening. I remember drinking in a place called the Varsity and thats it. Apparently we went back to our local for stop backs but i don't remember any of it. Oh dear. embarrasment

sand person no. 10
you weren't in wolverhampton were you, there's a varsity there?

mechmoggy
No, we did the Harbourne run. Theres too many pubs down that high street, it's becoming virtually impossible to do these days.

sand person no. 10
is that birmingham, i think i've been there. i had mates at birmingham university, we use to stumble around the pubs around there. nice place, as i recall nice females.

mechmoggy
Yeah, it's B'ham. Great place too, although I may give it a miss for a couple of weeks cus I'm not entirely sure how much of an arse I made of myself last night. embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment

sand person no. 10
ah the good old beer blackouts, a very close friend of mine most weekends.

mechmoggy
laughing out loud

Jeepers I nearly threw up again then but theres nothing left in me. sad

keokiswahine
mech, if you can't remember where you've been, and you've donated to the procelain goddess too many times already, then it's time to dry out for abit, until your liver has had a chance to recover, or you'll end up like my neighbor. His liver is so shot, when he drinks now, his liver immediately shuts down, thus forcing the blood in his system to back up into his stomach, and he vomits about 2 pints of blood and collapses. eek!

finti
oh and I was gonna have lunch now eek!

Gundark
That should be more than enough to make anybody cut back.

finti
blood vomit , makes you think about it

Dim
Ah...lovely thought first thing in the morning.

finti
yeah but at 15:22 here

Dim
Eh..you can handl it.

barbie_girl
drink drink drink makes the world go round!

finti
makes your head go round

barbie_girl
yep yep yep

keokiswahine
Let's see now. He goes on the wagon for a few months, then he has a bout, so he's crashed and burned 3 times in the last 6 months or so. This last time, he was on his way back from Vegas, over the ocean already, when his liver decided to shut down. He collapsed in the airplane in the air like at 33,000 feet up and started to vomit blood. The pilot had no choice but to turn around and return to San Francisco, where he was taken off the plane and sent to the nearest hospital. He had been partying the whole 5 days vacation in Vegas. After 4 days in the hospital and a 2 pint blood infusion/transfusion, he was allowed by the doctor to fly home. This time the doctors were able to diagnose the condition. The previous two times the doctors at home were not able to diagnose the cause; they thought he had a bleeding stomach ulcer.

So, don't be a sponge; drink intelligently socially.

finti
that is impossible, after some hours wink

keokiswahine
yup, so some of you need keepers to ensure your liver stays alive and healthy.

barbie_girl
true true true !

finti
nah every other weekend aint that bad, not as bad as it used to be. In my "younger" days it was every friday and Saturday for sure, and I threw in some thursdays and Sundays too. Those days are long gone, miss it once in a while thoug cool

barbie_girl
i drinkl nerly every day!

Thomas H

mechmoggy
When I got my first job I would go to the pub on Tuesdays for quiz night, Wednesdays to watch a footy game, Thursdays were always good cus some people got payed on that night and it ws tops. Fridays I'd finish early so it was an afternoon/night session, then Saturdays were all-dayers and Sunday lunch was a must too. Mondays I'd stop in to get over the weekend though.

Aaah to be single and living with your parents again.

finti
Its not that I am too old Thomas the wood boy, its having a kid and stuff gets you a responsibility you didnt have before. Also it alters your priorities somewhat.
You`ll get there someday in the future...perhaps

barbie_girl
well ill just be ignored then..... sad ............................. smile

mechmoggy
Did anybody hear something? stick out tongue

Dim
The chiming of an early drinking problem??

Gundark
I try to contain it to the weekends.

keokiswahine
he thought he heard the happy hour ding. laughing out loud smokin' evil face

finti
evry hour is happy while drinking...until you wake up

Thomas H
I am not a wood boy!!!! big grin mad

barbie_girl
im.. not..hic! ......an alco......hic!...... holic!!!! hic!....

Thomas H
laughing out loud eek! laughing out loud A good one bg

Anyway I prefer to drink all weeken...not in normal days..because I need to consentrate about the f***ing school!

barbie_girl
nah i can handle it as i dont get hangover!

Thomas H
Believe it or not....I have never had a bad hungover.. eek! And trust me..I do drink a lot....I wounder why that never happens...offcourse I have been dizzy and shit but I have never puked !!

Maybe it only me...as you know I am Superman! smokin'

finti
You are still Young wood boy, hangovers will come belive me

barbie_girl
ive had one once on a certain incident involving teqhuila

Edna Witch
I tend to sleep through my hangovers these days. It's the best way!

barbie_girl
good for u

Thomas H
So the older you became..the more hangover you will have...is that right fishboy?

mechmoggy
I think there is something to this age thing....

When I was younger I'd go out and get ratted on 8 pints, sleep for hours then get up without a hangover. Nowadays it takes a lot more to get me truly ratted and I just can't seem to sleep past 10am anymore. Also these days I've taken to drinking shorts as the night goes on, chasers are what make me ill for sure.

Edna Witch
Yeah tell me about it. I used to be such a lightweight but since coming to university I just have to drink so much to get drunk. Think I have developed an immunity to vodka. Wine still get's me though. But I can manage a bottle. I used to be wrecked after just a few glasses

mechmoggy
A bottle? Try 2 - 3 before I'm drunk. I love drinking wine in the house though, I don't get bloated like I do with lager.

Edna Witch
I said I CAN take a bottle. i.e, that's not enough to get me drunk. Hey I am a girl. Gimme a break!

ToMacco
At colleges here in Minnesota, we have what we call "Case Day". You have to drink a case of beer (24).

yerssot
This is the part where we are supposed to be very shocked wink

Edna Witch
Huh? How rude!

yerssot
notice the wink Edna, the wink

Edna Witch
stick out tongue

keokiswahine
*brings in a tray of pepto bismols for all the tummies. big grin roll eyes (sarcastic) evil face

ToMacco
Now, if you could be so kind as to get us a tray of wiskey shots.

yerssot
goody goody goody, K!
Gimme gimme gimme gimme!

finti
belgian waffel liqour

barbie_girl
the whisky shots sound good!

ToMacco
BarbieGirl knows what's up.

Orpheus
I don't suffer from hangovers. But then I never get drunk in the first place. I've always go something better to spend my money on.

I like a good beer or a good wine but not to the level of getting completely ratted.

barbie_girl
I LOVE IT!!!!!

finti
sounds like braging big grin

Thomas H
what is there to brag over fishboy? cool

finti
wellat least we in Stavanger can brag about our city and its pub and night life, Kongsvinger on the other hand what do you got beside europe largest collection of chipmunks and Squirells. oh and watch out for that woodpecker big grin

keokiswahine
*brings out tray of pepto bismol for the hangovers*

ToMacco
I'm having a drink right now! rolling on floor laughing

Vodka and diet Pepsi.

finti
diet Pepsi, barf

barbie_girl
i agree it may have less sugar in it but it is too sweet and tastes rank. i prefer caffeine free coca cola!

mechmoggy
Keo, I'm gonna have to refuse the pepto cus the label says that one of the side effects is, "..temporary darkening of the stool..". OMG! eek!

barbie_girl
yuk!

Edna Witch
Cool!

mechmoggy
The worst thing is, I'm not joking about that Keo. Read the bottle for yourself.

finti
dark is cool evil face

mechmoggy
Surely not for scooby doo's!!!

Gundark
Over here they're called scooters. laughing out loud

barbie_girl
im not gettin involved

mechmoggy
Hi I'm David, I spend my free time on the net talking shat.

yerssot
everyone; say "Hi David"

finti
hi, I guess confused

yerssot
that's better!

Don't you feel frustrated now?

finti
No

Edna Witch
**everyone applauds david**

Congratulations, acceptance is the first step on the path to being healed!

yerssot
but if you don't want to have help... money is not refundable big grin

queeq
Off topic and over 100. Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.