Sage Francis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ElectricBugaloo
I was really impressed with PErsonal Journals, but after downloading some of his earlier work, now I am REALLY impressed by Sage.

The song "Makeshift Patriot" is so powerful I had to listen to it like 5 times.

MF D00m
Sage Francis is amazing. Do you still not like his flow? I remember putting him in my top 5 MC list, and you disagreed because you didn't like his flow. I know his flow isn't the greatest, but it's not bad at all. Sage has been a legend for a while now, and even though he didn't live up to his expectations (nobody could have. People were saying he was the "white" Rakim) with Personal Journals, it was still a great album. All of the Sick of... series is classic and the Non-Prophets albums was a lot better than I expected and was actually better than Personal Journals from top to bottom.

ElectricBugaloo
He's growing on me; but i still think that his flow on Personal Journals isn't all that great.

But his earlier stuff is great. I love the "Rapping With Apathy" track that's just him and Apathy freestyling back and forth for like 8 minutes

MF D00m
Ah yes, over the Let's Ride instrumental. Excellent choice EB, one of my favorites as well.

ElectricBugaloo
His battle vs Brother Ali was f'ing awesome

MF D00m
As a suggestion, check out the Non-Prophets album. I really think you'd like it.

Sage was legendary for his freestyle ability. Winning scribble and countless other freestyle competitions. I'm so happy that most of the best one's are available on the Sick of... series.

tabby999
yeah i like him, i love Makeshift Patriot, but only heard it because it was on Punk-o-rama, i wouldn't have heard of him otherwise. but, because i dont have any money and a slow dialup connection, thats all i have of his stuff

ElectricBugaloo
A Healthy Distrust has already leaked, and I am currently listening to it

tabby999
tisk tisk you naughty little music theif!!! smile

hh?
sage francis is a great mc. i also like his freestyles.

koolruningz
From what i've heard of Sage i really like. I've only heard "Makeshift Patriot" "Narcissist" and "Broken Wings" but they are all great. For me its just a bonus to be able to understand an MC, most of the shit out there nowadays speak a different language to me.

MF D00m
It's been leaked for a while, but I've only got to hear it twice. I'mma have to pop it in the ol' CD player again.

tabby999
tisk tisk tisk, what a theiving bunch you little hip hop fans you are wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.