Green Hornet Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheFilmProphet
Could Smith Still Direct Green Hornet?
Source: Variety
September 8, 2004

While Kevin Smith has said frequently he's no longer thinking about directing Miramax's big screen version of The Green Hornet, new co-president of production Jon Gordon tells Variety no decision has been made...

Gordon also is looking forward to getting Kevin Smith's draft of "The Green Hornet." Smith has been unabashed in admitting he's uncertain if he wants to direct the big-budget franchise, but Gordon said he doesn't expect a final decision until Smith has turned in the script.

Smith Finishing Green Hornet Script
Source: News Askew
September 29, 2004

News Askew reports that Kevin Smith said that he will the script for The Green Hornet finished up next week. Smith is not expected to direct the Miramax Films project, so perhaps we'll be hearing some more announcements about casting and the director soon.

pr1983
hmm... dont know if its good or bad

TheFilmProphet
Depends on the actors and story. There has always been rumors about Jet Lee playing Kato.

pr1983
i think thats a certainty by now, i heard gyllenhall as the hornet

TheFilmProphet
Yeah me too so what do you think of that pair?

pr1983
could be good, ive no problems with jet li at all, but im undecided bout gyllenhall

TheFilmProphet
Yeah I don't really think Jake could pull it off.

pr1983
he seems kinda.... compact, not very masculine or muscular or somethin... besides that, i don't know if he could play a hero

TheFilmProphet
Just like Ben Affleck they just don't make good Super Heroes at all in my oppinion.

pr1983
ben affleck...omfg... if i ever see him with another marvel script in his hands ill make him eat it.

TheFilmProphet
laughing out loud

I'm still grieving from when he did Daredevil.

pr1983
me too, and i thought the other actors did decent enough jobs, but affleck killed it for me, and i always liked the dd character.

TheFilmProphet
They have ruined any chances of anyone remaking it too by releasing Elektra. sad

Just in case Paola is watching.............Do you think Kevin Smith is the right director and or writer?

pr1983
i dont know how elektras gonna be, i honestly don't could be good, could be shit, we'll see.

as for smith, im still undecided, i believe hes capable of doing a great job, but whether he will or not i don't know

TheFilmProphet
What I meant was that by making a spin-off to Daredevil it eliminates any hope of a remake because the film would have to be abandoned for at least 10 years without any spin-off or sequel.

Kevin has never done a film like this so I'm not sure but like you said he is capable of doing a great job.

pr1983
i know, im just sayin i hope we don't get another catwoman

as for smith i have my fingers crossed, hes a fan, so maybe that'll serve him well

TheFilmProphet
I think Catwoman kind of scared people off a little so I don't think Elektra will do that well regardless of how good or bad it really is.
Kevin Smith would have been a great director for Daredevil in my oppinion since he understood the character so well and wrote the DD comic books for a while.

It would be challening to do this kind of film well but hopefully Kevin can do it. He already wrote the script so it should be at least half decent even if he isn't the director.

pr1983
yeah, fingers crossed

TheFilmProphet
me too.

pr1983
u hear the whole zhang ziyi thing? apparently they're considerin her for a part and also smith has his heart set on gyllenhall as the hornet
saw it on superhero hype five mins ago

TheFilmProphet
Yeah but I didn't post it. Maybe she could play a love interest of Kato's?

pr1983
cool, give him a bit of dimension, and also the fact i love watchin her, she is so hot

TheFilmProphet
Yeah he never got it before because of the whole race issue but now that its over we can finally see Bruce Lee's character explored.

pr1983
about time too, its times like these i wish bruce had lived to see how much hes appreciated by everyone

TheFilmProphet
Yeah but for some really messed up reason people only appreciate the greats after they are dead. Examples: Elvis, Martin Luther King, Tupac, etc. Bruce would have done so much if he didn't die so early in his career.

pr1983
amen

TheFilmProphet
Bruce as Kato http://www.eldragon1.homestead.com/files/jeet_kune_do_kato.jpg

pr1983
cool

TheFilmProphet
Another http://www.cineasie.com/Cinema%20asiatique/BruceLee/frelonvert.jpg

pr1983
nice

TheFilmProphet
One more http://www.dancingmonica.com/imagefile/katocar2.jpg

pr1983
cool

TheFilmProphet
http://epguides.com/GreenHornet/cast.jpg

TheFilmProphet
Very Last http://www.briansdriveintheater.com/superhero/vanwilliams/vanwilliams16.jpg

TheFilmProphet
Actor who will possibly play Kato http://matsuyama.cool.ne.jp/hitoshi0326/gif/mfhb.gif

pr1983
i never believed jet was a great actor, then i saw hero, quality, i think he'll do us proud

TheFilmProphet
Yeah true. All we have to do now is worry about the Green Hornet himself.

pr1983
yeah... fingers crossed n all

TheFilmProphet
Hey Pr, I'm kind of bored so how about we make that X-Men Soap Opera thread now?

I think an unknown would be best to play the Green Hornet.

pr1983
should pm paola first and discuss the rules methinks.

an unknown would be a good choice, but hed have to do the unenviable task of being as much a prescence as li

TheFilmProphet
Yeah it would be pretty difficult to match or surpass the prescence Jet has on screen. Somewhere though there is someone who can do it.

We can make the new thread in the RPG forum.

pr1983
hope the new guy does well, u wanna create it or should i?

TheFilmProphet
Yeah it would be a shame to have great people like Kevin Smith and Jet Li involved and for the person who plays Green Hornet to ruin it all.

Thread created here http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=309637

pr1983
yeah, ill check the link

TheFilmProphet
Smith Says Green Hornet Script Not Done
Source: About.com
October 15, 2004

About.com interviewed Kevin Smith at the premiere of Ben Affleck's "Surviving Christmas" and asked him what the status was of his script for Miramax's The Green Hornet:

"I'm 100 pages in. And my wife was just like, "Well, great. So that means 20 pages until you are done." I'm like, "I don't think so. I think there's another 100 pages left to tell the story."

There's much more of the interview at the link below!

http://romanticmovies.about.com/od/directorinterviews/a/hornet101404.htm

Kazenji
I've heard Seth rogen is set to star as the hornet

from wiki

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Kazenji
I've heard Seth rogen is set to star as the hornet

from wiki

THats true. To me Seth Rogen in no way shape or form looks like The Green Hornet. Also Stephen Chow may sign on as Kato.

Kazenji
Yea true. they should just leave seth to the writing part

ragesRemorse
oh man, green hornet sucks SOO bad

Kazenji
How does it suck ?

ragesRemorse
How does it suck ?

beause i dont like it.

other than that, its great pulp

Kazenji
Wow what a good reason just becuase you don't like, You sound so much like the user nikkolas.

ragesRemorse
Wow what a good reason just becuase you don't like, You sound so much like the user nikkolas.

Atleast i try to be honest with my shallow opinions big grin

Kazenji

BruceSkywalker
I like Cameron Diaz, but now I know this will be a comedy and not a martial arts film.. sad sad

roughrider
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I like Cameron Diaz, but now I know this will be a comedy and not a martial arts film.. sad sad

Yup, it will as campy as the 1960's Batman - which may be the only way to go. Who would take this seriously anymore?

Kazenji
Stephen Chow is out

BruceSkywalker
Stephen Chow is out

just another reason why this is gonna be shiite..

I enjoyed watching the tv show especially seeing bruce lee kick some butt, but since they are gonna frack up Kato I see why stephen chow has totally left this ..

Kazenji

starlock
As much as i like Seth Rogen...and i do laugh my butt off at his movies...i would rather have a more serious type of movie.

Kazenji
Thats what i was expecting from this movie a 'Serious Movie' but now with what they're doing it................losing interest in it.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
THats true. To me Seth Rogen in no way shape or form looks like The Green Hornet. Also Stephen Chow may sign on as Kato.

I couldnt agree more. In no way, shape or form Seth Rogen inspires "super hero".

roughrider
No Stephen Chow acting, or directing...the release date gets pushed back from June of this year to Dec. 17 (then the studio heads realized "Oh Sh*t - TRON LEGACY comes out that day!"wink...now it's opening mid-January of 2011?
Think the studio realizes they've made a mistake, doing this campest of a film at all? wink

Kazenji
Trailer

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=67208

Kazenji
Kato looks good in it but its Seth Rogans character that fails it for me.

The Nuul
They got a singer for Kato and I am sure he doesnt know any MAs. The hotel sign is upside down. This will be just above average, I dont feel a good vibe from this movie, the writing is not great and its all about explosions and guns.

roughrider
Trailer

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=67208

Looks silly...I predict a snorefest in theatres everywhere.

BruceSkywalker
yeah, the trailer tells me one fact about this... pure and utter shiite...

The Nuul
Stephen Chow would have done it better.

SnakeEyes
I like Michel Gondry way more than Stephen Chow; but hey maybe Chow's style suits the content of this movie better. I don't know... I'm still uneasy and unsure of how to feel about this film.

The Nuul
They got a DAMN singer for kato.

Jessica2
I agree. I cannot for the life of me picture Seth Rogen as the Green Hornet. Bizarro bit of casting. I like your choices better. Maybe you should be the casting director.

Kaos sebaceous
i think its gonna be hilarious......im not really mad that seth rogen is the green hornet because i never really read any of those comics

roughrider
They showed the trailer before 'The Town' - the audience had no reaction to it. Will this be DOA?

kevdude
Probably will be, never really was into Green Hornet but one of my friends at work was and we was chatting about movies and he said he hates the fact that its gonna be a comedy, something he said Green Hornet never was. They should keep the movies pretty similar into what the comics or books are, thats what got the movie going in the first place so go with that!

roughrider
I'm not bothered by the fact it's comedic rather than serious.
It's just the whole concept is campy, silly and dated.
Getting campy with Batman in the 1990's really backfired.

K.Diddy
erm Going by the review I read in Empire Magazine,it's pretty bad

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Praylu
Could Smith Still Direct Green Hornet?
Source: Variety
September 8, 2004

While Kevin Smith has said frequently he's no longer thinking about directing Miramax's big screen version of The Green Hornet, new co-president of production Jon Gordon tells Variety no decision has been made...

Gordon also is looking forward to getting Kevin Smith's draft of "The Green Hornet." Smith has been unabashed in admitting he's uncertain if he wants to direct the big-budget franchise, but Gordon said he doesn't expect a final decision until Smith has turned in the script.

Smith Finishing Green Hornet Script
Source: News Askew
September 29, 2004

News Askew reports that Kevin Smith said that he will the script for The Green Hornet finished up next week. Smith is not expected to direct the Miramax Films project, so perhaps we'll be hearing some more announcements about casting and the director soon.

finally saw this movie.loved it.was great.The only thing that Im confused about it that he was trying to download the information that his friend/senator was evil and when they kkilled him and he died,they never got the information out about him.they were trying to prove that and didnt.didnt they ever get the recorder back where he tape recorded him confessing it all? confused

rotiart
Originally posted by Mr Parker
finally saw this movie.loved it.was great.The only thing that Im confused about it that he was trying to download the information that his friend/senator was evil and when they kkilled him and he died,they never got the information out about him.they were trying to prove that and didnt.didnt they ever get the recorder back where he tape recorded him confessing it all? confused

The tape recorder was never on... Thus blank. They never went to trial because the guy was killed...

Seth roger decided it was better to keep his vigilante hero a vigilante... And never exposed himself. I was definitely pleasantly surprised by this movie...

Currently scared for the new Ryan green lantern Hal though

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.