Is ska dying?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

trixygurl
I haven't found any ska fans lately? So, I was wondering if anyone here's gotta thing for it? Like the Aquabats, Skatalites, Voodoo Glow skulls, Suicide Machines, Mad Caddies, or any other ska-ish bands?

Ronny
skas been dead lady no expression

trixygurl
It's not DEAD! It still exsists just because it isn't mainstream, but even the underground krap is dying out, and it saddens me but I guess I am one of the few that like it anyways!

Ronny
huh

Arahael
What is Ska exactly. Are there any well-known, or semi-well-known bands that fit in to this genre?

Samurai Guy
Ska is a variation of modern punk with a brass influence also.

Older Goldfinger is a really well known version of Ska.

Arahael
Would Sublime be considered Ska?

Df02
The Specials...Madness,, theyre ska arent they?

recently tho, Reel Big Fish are ska-punk.....and Spunge
but im no expert at all haha!

ElectricBugaloo
was ska ever really alive?

Arahael
I though it was during the mid 90s amongst Grunge.

Samurai Guy
There really is no such thing as Ska-Punk. All Ska is Ska-Punk. Reel Big Fish are all about Ska.

I used to be a huge Punk and Ska fan. When people asked me what music I like, I said Skunk. It was easier.

chops
Ska (acoerding to my friend is charva music)

Darth Revan
I like Sublime a lot... That's about it though.

A4E
i like a spanish ska band, they're pretty well known in spain
and sumblime rocks!!

Mane
Five Iron Frenzy is the absolute best ska band in history.

IndieKid
Skatalites - Foundation Ska - Good stuff.
Like the toasters?
I'm not much for newer stuff. Like Ska-Punk. But Goldfinger are good live.

Cinemaddiction
Gonna agree with those who questioned if Ska was ever really alive.

The sheer monotony of the genre, like "punk", would have killed it's appeal so long ago. I, too, went through a ska phase. Bosstones, RBF, Aquabats, FIF, early No Doubt , Sublime, Dance Hall Crashers, BO9, LTJ, etc.

It's forgettable.

Arachnoidfreak
Is ska dying?

I hope so.

amity75
thumb up

i sure hope it's not dying...Ska music was great. Bands like Buck-O-Nine, The Impossibles, Less Than Jake, Goldfinger, and of course RX-Bandits made the genre great...sadly a lot of these bands have since broken up or are jsut not at the top of their game anymore...really great genre, i'm sad that it's not as prevalent as it once was

alfiej2001
Hopefully.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.