Question about Padme's handmaidens

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chilled monkey
In Ep 1, Padme has five handmaidens; Sabe (the decoy queen), Rabe, Eirtae, Yane and Sache. Supposedly each of them was hand-picked, partly due to the fact that they each look similar to Padme.

In Ep 2, there is a new queen who looks and sounds different to Padme. Does this mean that the five mentioned above have all lost their jobs and a new group had to be selected?

p.s. Who else thinks that Natalie Portman looks a lot like Rachael Bella? (Becca in The Ring)

Lyn
I'm not sure actually. I suppose some of them were relieved of their duties. I mean, they could stay on to be simple handmaidens rather than just decoys and others, who look and sound more like the new Queen could join the team.

Sorry, I don't know who Rachael Bella is. Do you have a picture?

chilled monkey
Thanks.

I don't have any pictures myself, but if you go to http://www.rachael-bella.com there are pictures there and also a list of what she's appeared in.

Morridini
I thought her handmaidens were still with her. Even though she is no longer Queen she still needs decoys/bodyguards. Just look at the opening of Episode 2.

chilled monkey
That's what I thought. The thing is, in Ep 2 there are only two handmaidens; Corde (who dies in the explosion) and Dorme. What happened to the ones from Ep 1? I suppose they could still work for Padme in a 'behind the scenes' way, or they might serve the new queen in a different capacity as Lyn suggests.

Morridini
Even if she has more servants they don't have to be around her all the time. So perhaps they are there, we just dont see them. Or, of course, they can have been killed during the ten years between ep 1 and 2. Or perhaps married and settled down. A lot can happen in ten years.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.