Help!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vampy
Got a problem. I installed The Longest Journey, a game, on my cmputer, even played it for some time but after i saved the game and restarted the comp it just WOULDN'T WORK! I re-installed it, uninstalled, installed again and it sitll wont work. I don't get it confused

This is waht i got

Darth Sauron
Owch, does the game shortcut on your desktop have restore on it, when you right click?

Vampy
no shortcut on my deteskop

Darth Sauron
Ah, that complicates matters...confused

Vampy
man i installed it a dozen of times now...

the first itme it worked, now it doesn't no matter what i do... i don't get it

yerssot
perhaps it's an error in the game?

Vampy
perhaps.. but it never happened before no and i have the game for some time now it just.. whcked up after i saved the game

Darth Sauron
This happened to me before, with the sims

apparently theres a file in some games that stays on your PC even when you uninstall, so once its uninstalled once it wont install again or something....because some file is already there messed

What i had to do was get a technician out.

Vampy
messed erm... if i find one, i'll get one

thanks

Paola
have you totally removed the game, Vampz?

Vampy
uh huh sad

Raz
Could be a DirectX problem - try downloading the latest version

http://www.microsoft.com/directx

Vampy
erm.. ok, i'll download it tomorrow, now i gtg..

sooo.. when i install it again i suppose i gotta say 'no' when it asks me if i want to install directx? confused embarrasment

Raz
Try both wink

Tex
That's why I hate computer games!
Too much stress! diva

Paola
how do I know if I have DirectX and which version?

Raz
Click Start->Run then type in 'dxdiag' (without the quotes) - then just read off the version number smile

Vampy
eek! it was a DirectX problem!

Thanks meister! kisses

Paola
YAY! thanx Raz! happy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.