Franz Ferdinand-Turn them OFF!!!!!!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zelda Lestat
I swear, I CANNOT get away from this band!!No matter what radio station I'm on, there songs always seem to be playing.Someone please stop them!!!MY EARS ARE BLEEDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Alice_In_Chains
plz sum1 turn thm off

TrAnCeDuO
theyre not THAT bad...i wouldve said the same about the used but not Franz Ferdinand

Darth Revan
... Don't listen to the radio then. no expression

Df02
hate them soo much

Zelda Lestat
HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT ABOUT THE USED???I like them...Sum 41 is okay, and i have to listen to the radio because my cd player is fvcked up.

i have a question about ALEXISONFIRE.they're cool and everything but is there name pronounced 'alex is on fire' or 'alexis on fire'???

TrAnCeDuO
^bad grammar
anyways i really hate their new songs especially the new one(which i hate so much that i didnt bother to remember the name of it)on the radio thats so annoying...especially the one bridge where the vocalist whines harder than 50 livejournals combined! He sounds like a damn angsting teen that needs to shut the hell up for once!The Used must die!

Darth Revan
Play CDs on your computer.

Turbo-Cajun
Their singles are over-played, but their cd has some pretty cool stuff on it. The song "This Fire" is pretty cool...kind of reminds me a little bit of the Doors mixed with the White Stripes. If you are un-familiar with the Doors, get educated fool. If you do not like the Doors, you are a slutty homosexual. Same goes for white stripes.

Turbo-Cajun
Yeah, Actually I was listening to Franz Ferdinand just now, and they actually have some stuff thats kind of cool.

.... And i refuse to take seriously someone who only listens to music off the radio, everyone who is a serious music critic can tell that most stuff played on the radio was either shit when it was written or became much shittier after hundreds of times of being overplayed, with a few exceptions (classic rock stations, tool, pink floyd, Bob Marley...anyone who is recognized as legendary...) but even when your talking about classics, the significance of the original lyrics becomes diminished after listening to it a million times.

Get an informed opinion, then you can talk shit about musicians. Most of them have more skill than you will ever hope for.

Franz Ferdinand has some talent.... some, but still they are better to listen to than most the other crap out ther polluting the air waves

lil bitchiness
My housemate knows them...but i really dont like them.

Turbo-Cajun
Im not hardcore into them, but i can appreciate some of thier stuff....

It just pisses me off when there are somewhat legitimate musicians out there trying to play music, sell some records, and the like and you get people bitching about which crappy overplayed radio songs are being overplayed... they are all over played. Everything sucks when its overplayed, so follow Darth Revan's advice and don't listen to the radio, because otherwise i will get pissed and start ranting about shit on your threads and it will just make you feel bad.

So dont do it.

Red Superfly
It's only over played because you listen to them too much.

Everything starts to get annoying when it's over-played.

Flying High
i like them and stole my dads CD of them.....

D-Double
They're pretty good. Reminds me of Talking Heads. The Heads are better, though.

Silver Stardust
I like Franz Ferdinand...

And there is more than one radio station, you know.

PippinTook
They're okay...I've only heard that one song that they play on the radio, but my friend is gonna burn their CD for me...

And, like many people have said before, if you don't like the music they play on the radio, don't listen to it. confused That's the reason I haven't listened to the radio in a few months. The music practically every station is shitty. So I just rely on my CD player or my computer...stick out tongue

Df02
alexis on fire

Zelda Lestat
oh, okay. i've always been confused over that..

yes, i know that there is more than just the radio, but STILL. THEY SUCK. And actually like the Doors and the White Stripes.

Turbo-Cajun
Did you say the Doors and White Stripes suck???

Your ignorance is glaring.

StinkFist462
if u said they suck then leave now ..
jus listen to your CD's on your comp or not listen to the radio .... or dont u have like a radio bigger one that plays CD's ?

CherryPie
I used to hate them for some odd reason, then someone spoke to me in my head that I should further my likeyness into other groups and just not one specific group, so I like them and it 's a good song to stomp too, not good song to drive to you might die!
But if you don't like it just pick up the remote and turn it to some other cheesy or really cool station, Peacy and lovens' Randi

Yumcarrots
i like franz ferdinand big grin (beats listening to busted/mcfly any how!)

ladygrim
indeed yumcarrots i listen to there album last nite .. its sooo cool

drunk_nazgul
I don't like Franz Ferdinand.
I don't like a lot of these new oldish-sounding bands. I like rock. Nirvana. Metallica, too. Just not The Killers or anyone like that. I hate the new sound.

Red Superfly
I like Franz Ferdinand, and for people who liked them at one point to suddenly turn against them because they have suddenly become popular is quite possibly the dumbest thing ever.

Don't people realise that it's their OWN fault if a songs overplayed? It's only overplayed because you keep listening to it!

And, get thi, I also love Nirvana, Metallica, Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and so on.

Imagine that, someone who actually likes many styles.

Df02
i just dont like them because i dont like the music..... the fact that theyre overplayed is just an annoying side-point

Red Superfly
So don't listen to them. You have albums you actually LIKE yes? Go listen to those.

It's like when the over-played, and God awful Maroon 5 comes on the likes of MTV, I don't moan about it, I just change the channel.

Df02
i dont listen to them....and i dont know why u get defensive about it when ive nevr said the band are shit, ive just said i dont like them (ive not read back i dont know if ive replied here before lol...) im entitled to that yes?

i actually like alot of music that u like aswell:
The Walkmen
Interpol
Futureheads
Libertines
Strokes
Eighties Matcbox
etc etc

so i dunno why ur gettin defensive as if i was slating the whole of ur music taste haha

Red Superfly
Oh no, I wasn't really singling you out, sorry, I was kinda going for the allround approach with that "change the channel" speech lol.

Eighties Matchbox do indeed rock. Their new album I picked up yesterday, tis very cool. Reminds me of Queens Of The Stone Age, but I was expecting that.

Futureheads are cool.

Strokes are awesome.

It's been a while since I've actually bothered buying an album, but recently it's become very exciting. Essential albums have been springing up all over the place and I'm like "WTF?".

I'm not that fond of The Libertines, I think there's a bit too much "bandwagon jumping" with them. A few friends of mine have convinced me that they only like the Lib's cos it's cool to like em. I just don't see the appeal myself. I saw em live at Leeds this year, and I still wasn't impressed.

But, it's all good, I love having a band all to myself and arguing with my friends why they are cool. Life just wouldn't be as fun if everyone liked the same bands.

It's all rock music in the end, and bands like Franz Ferdinand at least help represent rock music with a strong image, especially here in the UK.

We all love rock, so why must we argue? RnB is the true enemy here. Wipe them out, all of them.

Abbita
I agree completely big grin

eggmayo
i only like the dark of the matinee, cos that has a cool guitar riff at the start. i like any song with a good guitar bit.

Drumdude1167
I like FF and i like the killers, but tool is the greates band that will ever live and Metallica is the worst band that will ever live

Yumcarrots
Terry Wogan! eek!

you-know-who
I swear, I CANNOT get away from this band!!No matter what radio station I'm on, there songs always seem to be playing.Someone please stop them!!!MY EARS ARE BLEEDING!!!!!![/quote[

i happen to love franz ferdinand!!!!!! they rock!!! i dont know why u people can say that about musicians... their just doing what they love to do and if you dont like it then dont listen to it!!!! but stop complaining...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.