Choose Your Gore Level

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

slasherpunk18
Which kind of horror movie do you guys like best?I have to say i have a soft spot for Splatter(especially in zombie flicks!).

dean7879
both are good...braindead is a prime example of a good splatter
halloween is another example of class horror without blood and gore

slasherpunk18
Agreed.Halloween is a great bloodless slasher flick.Kind of an oxy-moron when you stop to think about it.

eliv(vile)
kill kill kill
kill kill kill
killllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
l

slasherpunk18
lol.

RED RUM!
RED RUM!

LoSt_
both will do smile

The Redeemer
As long as it isn't tripe like SCREAM or it's other fanboy variants...and whether it's splatter or sublime...as long as it's got imagination and individuality and even a *new hook* on tired old proceedings then I'll give it a chance!

guille
I voted for r-rated but for me both r ok. Anymay a good horror movie doesnt need any kind of rating.

eggmayo
either are good, sometimes blood and gore is just used to fill a movie, and becomes quite annoying

trouble
well i like lots of blood and gore but halloween was a gud film

ladygrim
i dont like movies wit blood and gore in ..

slasherpunk18
It's hard to choose,but sometimes you do get sick of gore and have to just watch some good old fashioned tamed down horror like Halloween or Psycho(the original).

Jennifer_Tilly
I liked the R-rated ones Halloween Rocks

tabby999
i dunno, theres nothing like seeing someone get hacked to peices in a shower of blood ans guts

slasherpunk18
How true.Love a good splatter in the mourning.

zombieman
Gore isn't an essential part of a good horror movie, as you mentioned Halloween uses suspense rather than gore to great effect. Another good example is the original Texas Chansaw Massacre. Its not a gore fest but the likes of the meat hook scene don't require it to be, its obvious how much pain that girl is in! However; when gore is done just right, anything by Tom Savini is a prime example, it can really enhance the effect that the movie has. I think Day of the Dead is my favorite of his work, though its a tough one.

I think the likes of Braindead are a little overkill, using gore to that extent just results in a comical effect, which I suppose is good for a different reason depending on what you personal taste is.

Anyways, I voted R-rated but I'm in favor of both to different effects.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.