It's Yossarians name....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Imperial_Samura
Salutations all. I just thought I would seek comments on what is, in my opinion, a remarkable book: Catch 22. Thoughts?

Oh and favourite character/scene/chapter/quote......

Laskharis
Clevinger's trial. One of the funniest things I have ever read. And that bit where Yossarian is futilely punching at Aarfy, who just sits in the cockpit, grinning and smoking. I felt so damn powerless and manipulated. Totally spunting writing.

Imperial_Samura
Ah yes, personally in all of literature, one of the few characters I have ever hated was Aarfy. Despite the fact he was so amiable....

Dexx
oh..i've only read half of closing time and it was one of the funniest things i've read. DOn't have the time to finish it though..same for catch 22.

Imperial_Samura
Indeed, Joseph Heller is a very interesting author. But if the chance comes about it would certainly be worth your time to finish them.

Roscoe
I loved the part where this young guy gets chopped up on the float by a plane! Afterwards the soldiers are looking at his feet on the beach, but nobody gets near it.
I also loved the part where the camp was bombed by their own men and afterwards when this one guy explains why they all think he was right.
The whole book twists your brain!!!

Laskharis
Oh, and Milo Minderbinder. That guy is great. Or evil. Or both.

colchestereldo
Major Major - brilliant!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.