How Will Palpatine Reveal Himself to the Republic?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mrkphllps
How Will Palpatine Reveal Himself to the Republic?

Xam
AND your point of view is?

mrkphllps
What point? There needs to be no point on my part and I need none of this now. My dog just died for Heaven's sake! I'm in mourning. Poor old Shitbag, we hardly knew yee. Shitbag is, or was my dog.

Xam
lollllllllll your a funny little boy

mrkphllps
He may do it in a big speech to the senate where he tells the clonetroopers to block the doors and prevent anyone leaving. A few senators are not present as they are meeting to plot against him.

Xam
thats a good idea man!

mrkphllps
Thank you

mrkphllps
Then his podium spirals down to the ground floor where his guards are waiting to take him to his chamber.

Xam
then vader comes in(not a machine yet)

Xam
thats how some peeps kno anakin to be vader!

mrkphllps
Yes then the attack on the temple takes place as the emperor sends him and a large group of clones to attack the temple.

Xam
then palps asks vader to go to mustafar to kill the separatist leaders!!!

mrkphllps
This may just happen. I hope it does. THat would just make all this waiting worth while.

Xam
it would.then obi1 and padme comes rigth in after anakin destroyed the whole separatist group!

Red Superfly
There's a big box with a "?" mark on it, and George Lucas comes on screen and goes:

"Hey kids - who do ya think is in the big box?"

Box opens, Palpatine comes out - "Ta da!!!!"

mephistodesigns
C'mon. Blocking the Senate doors? Please. He'll demonize the Jedi, so they'll become criminals. He'll probably say the council tried to kill him, after the Mace/Ani scene. Most people don't like or trust them already. Ani "saved" him so he'll become a big hero. Palp will then use his strong leadership rep to get elected Emperor and the Senate will hand him, willingly, the keys to the Republic. That's the beauty of his plan. The Jedi have to watch the galaxy hand control over to the Sith, and they're happy to do it. Meanwhile, everyone now hates the Jedi for "overstepping" their bounds. It's a beautiful plan. deliciously evil. That's how evil people seize governments, by seizing their hearts and minds. Hitler didn't take power over the German government by force. The people handed Germany to him and they did it willingly because he earned their trust because he was smart and a strong leader. Then he got everyone to believe all non-Germans were bad, thus the deaths of many Jews, foreigners and gypsies (in the SW Universe--the Jedi). And everyone gladly jumped on the genocidal band wagon. And that's ten times scarier than taking a place by force.

Darth Jello
i think that it will happen just as stated in the ANH novelization. I think Palps will declare a new order and then drift further and further into isolation, like all dictators do.

Capt_Fantastic
I'm not sure he'll make an announcement "revealing" himself as Darth Sideous. He may announce that he is now Emperor, but he won't get rid of the senate until the beginning of ANH. We know that it goes from the congress of the republic, called the senate and in Ep4, it's called the Imperial Senate. BUT, General Tagge asks how the Emperor will maintain control without the beauracracy, which emplies that the members are still elected by the people of their planets....even if the elections are rigged.

mephistodesigns
exactly. its not as if he'll just walk into the Senate and say "oh, by the way, my name is actually Darth Sidious Dark Lord of the Sith, and I'll be your emperor from here on out, have a nice day." he's got to do it slowly, he has to get the people on his side or run the risk of a full all out rebellion from EVERYONE not to mention opening the door for assasination attempts (and they would only be attempts with him). He's already got the people eating out of his hand. He fronts like he's reluctant to have an army, but he must because he must be strong for all the little people in the galaxy and a bunch of other bull and the people eat it up. Kinda like a current world leader who resides in my country...hmmm...wierd.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.