Green Lantern Vs The Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

norrin radd
what to you guys think? Is green lantern able to stop the hulk? or will he simply be demolished?

Swanky-Tuna
Depends on which GL. I don't think they could do much to each other. Hulk with his durability and the GLs with their versatility.

Arachnoidfreak
I'd go with GL, until his ring ran out of power. Then he's ****ed.

I think a good GL that didn't hold back much would take out Hulk though. Guy Gardner, Hal Jordan, Kyle Rayner should be able to do it. Screw John Stewart.

crazyspinz
well gl couldnt stop hulk, hulk has unlimited strength, gl would eventualy run outa ring juice

Wynndar
how has GL fared against Doomsday

Tron
Good point, lol.

Like Swank said though, depends on the GL. Any GL with the will to win may have a chance of survival, cause there's no way in hell they'd win this one. Hal could last til his ring ran out of juice, and Kyle doesn't need to recharge (unless that's changed), but I'm not sure his will's strong enough to hold against that much power.

And what's wrong with John Steward?What the f**k?

Mane
he sucks! thats whats wrong!

Tron
Yo mommalaughing out loud

spyrokinesi35
sorry gl doesn't stand a chance

norrin radd

Krissy Von Doom
What if GL made a bunch of huge guns? Would that be enough power to push Hulk off into space, hence winning in an unconvincing way?

Tron
Wynndar was refering to Doomsday fighting the majority of the GLC, and wiping them all out if I'm not mistaken.

And they can make big guns. but it's pretty doubtful that they be strong enough to push Hulk across the country, let alone into space. Those weapons would still be working on GL's will, against Hulk's massive and growing strength.

norrin radd

Kain Phoenix
r u guys crazy!!
no way would hulk lose, what exactly would GL do to hulk.
oh i know blasts!
all it takes is one right hand from the hulkster and its game, set and match.

Wynndar
it seems like the GL's r always so damn inconsistent...even Doomsday isnt that tough anymore...those Doomsday clones in the superman batman title a few months ago were getting blown up by batarangs and superman's heat vision

Arachnoidfreak
That's because they weren't exact duplicates. They were only a distraction.

Anyway, I heard Kyle doesn't need to recharge his ring, which means he could probably do it. The GL ring isn't called one of the most powerful weapons in the DC universe for nothing. It's limit is ONLY the weilder's will and imagination.(Imagine Dr. Doom with a GL ring!? Holy shit. i'd pee myself)

Wynndar
yes that would be impressive...but i think the source would still have a limit...a GL couldnt will himself stronger than the entire source of GL power

Krissy Von Doom
If GL can't hurt the Hulk, and the Hulk can't reach GL (due to flight), the match would be a stalemate.

JuggernautFan
i picture this as another hulk vs. blackbolt myself...... blackbolts versatility has overcome hulk. i think GL could do the same thing, given the right circumstances.

wrathofachilles
Well Hulk can 'fly' but Green Lantern is near light-speed right? So obviously he would be too fast for Hulk to fight. However, Hulk might succeed in throwing something and hitting him or simply 'blocking' the ring's manifestations. I don't think it would be a good match-up because it could last for days until one of them gets bored and walks/flies off.

Wynndar
u cant fly at near light speed if ur in the atmosphere...oh wait maybe if ur writing for DC and dont have to be acountable for any kind of realism...but flying at near the speed of light outside of subspace would ignite the atmosphere on fire....and produce shockwaves that would kill GL himself...then the fight wouldnt be very fun would it

Tron
From what I know, any Green Lantern only uses light speeds during intergalactic travel, not in fights.

Swanky-Tuna
Don't they use boom tubes for that too?

Tron
I think you're thinking Darkseid, lol.

norrin radd
since when a GL can travle at the speed of light?

Swanky-Tuna
Isn't that the word for wormholes in DC? Bleh, I don't know. I just like that phrase. BOOM TUBES!

It's all about willpower. I'm sure a bunch of GLs can do that.

Havoc470
i voted for hulk

simply because he has an ad for Master Locks lol

Spiderninja008
Huld SMASH little green lantern!!!!!
Green Lantern had a hard time against the ionic Wonder man....Hulk Smash

wrathofachilles
Lol, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Science always plays a part in comics to create characters: Spider-Man, Hulk, the FF, and then it is thrown out the window. Besides, I didn't really mean GL would fly that fast, as it would be pointless in a fight, just that if he were capable of that speed he would be significantly faster than Hulk, even within the atmosphere.

norrin radd
but serisosly, flas can run almost at the speed of light, and he is the fastest man, are you saying a GL can be more fast if he got the will?

Tron
Only while traveling through space from what I've seen. I haven't seen a GL use speed like either Flash or Superman though.

Magee
GL's cannot travel at the speed of light. While in space they can travel at about 80% the speed of light. I dont think its anything to do with will power, coz ur brain would probably explode trying to sustain that speed. I think its just one of the advantages to a GL ring.

norrin radd
AH much better

Linkalicious
who cares how fast they can travel? with that ring GL could whoop the living crap out of Hulk.

Granted...if Hulk gets his hands on GL...he's a dead man. But there's a very significant chance that he can keep Hulk at bay...

norrin radd

Havoc470
GL's weapon is the power of close-quarter combat with the power of range so basically the two previous posts got it right

Wynndar
yea but Like Doomsday Hulk could end up breaking right through the power of the ring

norrin radd
very true, if he catch him

Magee
I think wat he meant was he could easily break the power that cums out of the ring, like blasts, fists watever. But if GL made a mile wide cube and droped it on the hulk, it would be rather hard for him to break it. But like, the blasts from a GL ring wouldnt be to hard to break.

norrin radd

wrathofachilles
Please spell it as 'comes' otherwise its a bit disturbing...

Havoc470
i think im agreeing with wrath on this one heheh

i dont really know if GL's power is unbreakable so it could go either way, if it is breakable i think hulk would win, and if GL is just running away then it isnt really a fight as much as it is a man running for his life

Swanky-Tuna
It's breakable. Say he forms a small bubble around Hulk and he breaks that, the feedback would disorientate the GL. But say the GL suspended him in an anti-grav chamber with no air in for clap propulsion, made out of his ring, Hulk wouldn't be able to do anything.

Or a massive glob of gel. It'd be hard for Hulk to get traction but the GL would have to adjust for when Hulk starts swimming in it.

BOBIZZIE
NO THE HULK WILL WIN FULED OFF PURE RAGE

Swanky-Tuna
It's hard to be mad when you're floating in Green Lantern jello.

JuggernautFan
i also think GL could do something similar to what surfer does, and draw the radiation from hulk.......... provided he would figure out thats the source of his power smile

hulk often has a problem with people who are much more versatile than himself (blackbolt, silver surfer) neither of which he has won a battle against. unless you count the one where blackbolt passes out after using alot of his power to stop hulk......

wrathofachilles
Well if Hulk was still standing after Blackbolt passed out, yeah I'd call that a win. He's never beaten Surfer? That's just sad.

norrin radd
you got to have a problem, or you only read hulk? hulk is not the most powerful character on marvel accept it.

you got to improvise, adapt, darwin, i ching, you got to roll with it.

Havoc470
lol @ norrin radd's post

surfer has the power to equal hulks strength anyway, that plus his crazy cosmic-ness is way too much for hulk to handle

manjaro
going back a little, but all GL have the power to travel at the speed of light. not only that the can travel at warp speed(faster than light), or just create a wormhole. how do you think they alwys get back to Oa so quickly when its in a another galaxy.

the reason you havent seen any gl doing light speed within the atmosphere is becuase there is no need to. even though they havent really said how fast they travel on earth it is still pretty fast cuz lots of times ive seen when batman gives everyone thier orders and thier all going off you alwys see flash running beneath the flyers and having conversations with them(granted he purposely slows down so they can keep up with him)

with reagrds to gl vs hulk, id give i to gl becuase hulk traditionally has had problems with energy projectors, even if its only to keep him at bay, but then again if hulk gets his hands on him its over, so this battle could literally go either way.

crazyspinz
gl coudnt accualy hurt the hulk, just piss him off, so the hulk would eventualy win

Swanky-Tuna
A GL could hurt him. So long as he gave his "line" plenty of slack and used forms that Hulk couldn't get ahold of to break.

Havoc470
i dont know about this one, how hard can GL hurt him?

Swanky-Tuna
Depends on the GL. If they're willed enough to get into him, they could get into his chest cavity, expand a bubble of jagged shards. They could make a small ring around one of Hulks vertebre and try to seperate it or try to cut it like a little guillotine. If they really wanted to, they could tow Hulk into space, open a wormhole, then close it with Hulk half way in. And greatest of all, they could do all these things in a row! Man, I'd make a terrifying GL.

wrathofachilles
Who are referring to? It better not be me, because I've never said Hulk was the most powerful character on Marvel. He's the strongest hero, but not most powerful. There's a big difference. Besides, I don't read Hulk at all, let alone 'only.'

And Darwin was greatly mistaken in many of his theories.

crazyspinz
god help us all if you ever find a little green ring....

JuggernautFan
one of the very few people who can take hulk on a regular basis = S.S.

hulk wasnt standing after the scream. but neither was black bolt.

norrin radd

wrathofachilles
Never said Darwin wasn't important. What the hell does he have to do with anything?

The Hulk/Surfer battle is too hard a match-up. Surfer doesn't need to get near Hulk to hurt him, but Hulk does have to get near Surfer. Obviously a distance-fighter has the advantage. This was Hulk vs. Green Lantern, but I think in the Surfer thread I said if Hulk gets ahold of Surfer he could overpower him. Spider-Man did, I think Hulk can.

lightaxe
why screw john stewart hes a better Gl with more experience then rayner and guy gardner. And hell stewarty was miltary hed know what to do if anyone would.

juggernaut74
Couldnt GL just put Hulk in a energy bubble and wait for the oxygen to run out on for the hulk. Makes sense.

Tron
That might work, if the Green Lantern in question actually had the will to hold the bubble long enough while Hulk's wailing away at the bubble, getting pissed and stronger while doing so. It's worth a try, but I don't see it working for any Green Lantern, that's more than they may be able to handle.

xmeat
hulk

DevilGoblin
Hulk 10/10 no contest here

Supreme being
Green lantern without to much trouble.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by DevilGoblin
Hulk 10/10 no contest here
Did you know that a Gl could just revert him back to Banner the same way Surfer did? Or that he could just devolve him into a human or screw with his molecules? I guess not cause all you can say is Hulk wins without any proof.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Did you know that a Gl could just revert him back to Banner the same way Surfer did? Or that he could just devolve him into a human or screw with his molecules? I guess not cause all you can say is Hulk wins without any proof.

First, GL has no info on hulk. Second, it depends on the GL.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
First, GL has no info on hulk. Second, it depends on the GL.
Power ring can analise Hulk and his weaknesses.

boriquaking55
Can't a GL drain ALL of the gamma radiation out of Hulk rendering him completely powerless?

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by boriquaking55
Can't a GL drain ALL of the gamma radiation out of Hulk rendering him completely powerless?
Yup or just rearange his molecules or suck him into his ring. Hulk loses badly Gl has to many options.

boriquaking55
Yup or just rearange his molecules or suck him into his ring. Hulk loses badly Gl has to many options.

I thought so - Devilgoblin, stop with the lame fanboisms.

juggernaut66666
Kilowog's ring absorbing billions of people

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/2ff2fb9b.jpg
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/81035d01.jpg

DevilGoblin

in your opinion hulk loses badly to everyone laughing

envy....what a bad thing.....

by the way: tons of marvel/dc readers (not only hulk fans) think the hulk- if really mad- can beat the JLA as Doomsday did.....

..Green Lantern alone laughing you can't be serious.....

....probably some posters say opinions just to disappoint me laughing out loud , but don't worry for my lucky they can't write comics laughing

in comics: Hulk can get stronger above anyone else >>>>>> jla

That's his trademark Strongest One There Is, deal with it Hulk Detractors

Beta Ray Howard
and he can't get faster, and if he did, he wouldn't realize it.

A GL would just put him in a cage, and calm him down.

DevilGoblin
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
and he can't get faster, and if he did, he wouldn't realize it.

A GL would just put him in a cage, and calm him down.

in this way he would beat Bruce Banner, not the hulk....

juggernaut66666
in your opinion hulk loses badly to everyone laughing

envy....what a bad thing.....

by the way: tons of marvel/dc readers (not only hulk fans) think the hulk- if really mad- can beat the JLA as Doomsday did.....

..Green Lantern alone laughing you can't be serious.....

....probably some posters say opinions just to disappoint me laughing out loud , but don't worry for my lucky they can't write comics laughing

in comics: Hulk can get stronger above anyone else >>>>>> jla

That's his trademark Strongest One There Is, deal with it Hulk Detractors
I just posted a scan of a Gl ring absorbing billions of people
Kilowog's ring absorbing billions of people

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/2ff2fb9b.jpg
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/81035d01.jpg

Beta Ray Howard
in this way he would beat Bruce Banner, not the hulk....

Hulk and Banner are one and the same, and it's a win no matter which way you slice it. wink

DevilGoblin
I just posted a scan of a Gl ring absorbing billions of people

a little OT if you don't mind:

write a list of people the hulk should not beat most of the times

juggernaut66666

You think Hulk is such a powerfull character?He is not all he can do is brawl and has a cool leaping ability that's all.A Green Lantern can do whatever he wills and that is a bit more versitale thing than punching and jumping.

Evangel94
None of the tactics mentioned in this thread are not clear victories.

Putting Hulk inside a cage?

Putting Hulk inside a bubble?

Putting Hulk inside a vaccum?

You're not really "fighting" the Hulk by doing that.

I think what we all want to see is a regular Green Lantern going head to head with the Hulk without having to resort to traps and tricks to get the win. Head to Head 'slobberknockin' action is what we really want to see. And with a clear winner at the end with only one standing at the end.

With that in mind, I honestly don't think a Green Lantern has the stamina or the long lasting energy to throw down by himself/herself fist to fist with the Hulk.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Evangel94
None of the tactics mentioned in this thread are not clear victories.

Putting Hulk inside a cage?

Putting Hulk inside a bubble?

Putting Hulk inside a vaccum?

You're not really "fighting" the Hulk by doing that.

I think what we all want to see is a regular Green Lantern going head to head with the Hulk without having to resort to traps and tricks to get the win. Head to Head 'slobberknockin' action.

With that in mind, I honestly don't think a Green Lantern has the stamina or the long lasting energy to throw down fist to fist with the Hulk.
Hal Jordan one shoted Mongul. no expression

Evangel94
Hal Jordan one shoted Mongul. no expression

And? What is that supposed to insinuate? I'm glad you know your Green Lantern history, but let's keep it relevant to the characters at hand.

juggernaut66666
And? What is that supposed to insinuate? I'm glad you know your Green Lantern history, but let's keep it relevant to the characters at hand.
You said that that a Green Lanter doesn't have the stamina and the energy to beat Hulk in a h2h fight.As I said Hal has 1 shoted Mongul in a h2h fight.

Evangel94
You said that that a Green Lanter doesn't have the stamina and the energy to beat Hulk in a h2h fight.As I said Hal has 1 shoted Mongul in a h2h fight.

What does that have to do with the Hulk?

juggernaut66666
What does that have to do with the Hulk? Hulk is not Mongul.
Mongul is above Superman in strenght.

Evangel94
Mongul is above Superman in strenght.

Based on what?

juggernaut66666
Based on what?
Comics but nevermind.

Evangel94
Comics but nevermind.

Of course comics. That goes without saying.

Which comics and issues are you basing your claim on?

DevilGoblin
Of course comics. That goes without saying.

Which comics and issues are you basing your claim on?

He usually bases his claims on "he's the hulk, i don't like him because he would beat my favourite char any day of the week, so he has to lose"

batdude123
GL every single time.

FearOfBlood
Originally posted by batdude123
GL every single time.

Only in your dreams

Hulk should get the majority here

batdude123
Originally posted by FearOfBlood
Only in your dreams

Hal transmutes him into another substance.

The end.

Symmetric Chaos
Only in your dreams

What GL are you thinking of?

Magee
I refuse to beleive there is some one as retarded as devilgoblin in the world. All you ever hear him say in any hulk thread is, HULK WIN! hulk strongest there is so>>>>JLA. I mean come on pal, if your going to argue for his victory at least try and convince us with something other... fuk it, tbh man your a complete retard/10 yr old kid, die plz.

edit: I used to enjoy coming here watching people debate over who would beat who but now its just filled with a bunch of 12yr old kids who are completley fukin clueless.

double edit: I realise these people are most likely young kids, so i apologise for the insults.

Kallark-Kent
hluk wnis cuz he gren n smashy stuf n lat!

darthgoober

This actually sounds kinda fun, so I'll give it a go....

1.THANOS
2.Silver Surfer
3.Superman(Pretty much any version for that matter)
4.Darkside
5.Flash
6.Any GL with half a brain
7.Thor
8.Wonder Woman
9.Dr. Strange
10.Dr. Fate
11.Adam Warlock
12.Stardust
13.Absorbing Man
14.Doomsday
15.Black Bolt
16.Havok
17.Captain Marvel(Shazam)
18.Captain Mar-vell
19.Captain Marvel(Genis)
20.Captain Marvel(Monica)

Damn it! Screw this, I could be at this all day. So to save time I'll just say that anyone with similar power sets(at similar level's) of the people on that list could kick Hulks ass.

xmeat
people dont even put GL on the same level as silver surfer. To many have already broken out of the ring.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by xmeat
people dont even put GL on the same level as silver surfer. To many have already broken out of the ring.
Ok I see you want to lower Gl respect. So tell us how would Hulk beat a Green Lantern?

Symmetric Chaos
Ok I see you want to lower Gl respect. So tell us how would Hulk beat a Green Lantern?

Pure anger can trump anything stick out tongue

xmeat
Ok I see you want to lower Gl respect. So tell us how would Hulk beat a Green Lantern? thunderclap would work it has stopped Gl before Gl traps him in a cage hulk breaks out.

juggernaut66666
thunderclap would work it has stopped Gl before Gl traps him in a cage hulk breaks out.
You know every Gl has auto defense which is asured by their rings it can withstand planetary explosions so that won't work.

Symmetric Chaos
thunderclap would work it has stopped Gl before Gl traps him in a cage hulk breaks out.

Is this before or after GL sends Hulk to another dimension or destroys his DNA?

xmeat
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Is this before or after GL sends Hulk to another dimension or destroys his DNA? since when could he open dimensions this is GL not a herald.

Symmetric Chaos
since when could he open dimensions this is GL not a herald.

I believe Hal Jordan has opened wormholes

Evangel94
Can anyone of you come up with a way for a green lantern to win without using battlefield removal, or containing Hulk without some sort of trap?

Rewmac
Power Of OA >>> Gammaradiation Powered Beast

Willpower and imagination >>> Growing brute strenght

GL >>> Hulk

He could cut his head off you know.

juggernaut66666
Can anyone of you come up with a way for a green lantern to win without using battlefield removal, or containing Hulk without some sort of trap?
Trap him in his ring,suck the radiation out of him,screw up his molecule structure,stop time and do what ever he wants to Hulk,suck out his soul or life energy, devolve him into a microbe, want more?

darthgoober
Use his ring to create 1,000 Hulk clones to kick the real Hulk's ass.

xmeat
Can anyone of you come up with a way for a green lantern to win without using battlefield removal, or containing Hulk without some sort of trap? hulk would rip his head like supes would do.

Validus
Beat him up, like, real good.

Evangel94
In a physical fight, with a human Green Lantern enhancing his strength with the ring, would a Green Lantern still win against an Angry Hulk?

FearOfBlood

the hulk broke any kind of barrier or energy: even a barrier that the combined power of Strange, Surfer and Namor could not break

there's s really nothing a Green Lantern can do to imprison the hulk, he could only slow him for a while

juggernaut66666
Trap him in his ring,suck the radiation out of him,screw up his molecule structure,stop time and do what ever he wants to Hulk,suck out his soul or life energy, devolve him into a microbe, want more?

FearOfBlood
In a physical fight, with a human Green Lantern enhancing his strength with the ring, would a Green Lantern still win against an Angry Hulk?

only if a dc fanboy writes the story

Rewmac
In a physical fight, with a human Green Lantern enhancing his strength with the ring, would a Green Lantern still win against an Angry Hulk? Well he knocked Mongul on his ass with one blow.

FearOfBlood
Originally posted by Rewmac
Well he knocked Mongul on his ass with one blow.

and do you think it's more impressive than one-shotting Onslaught ?

juggernaut66666
and do you think it's more impressive than one-shotting Onslaught ?
Yeah since Onslaught's armor has been cracked by Magneto and Cyclops.

FearOfBlood
Yeah since Onslaught's armor has been cracked by Magneto and Cyclops.

are you mabye comparing the two situations ? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Symmetric Chaos

Not a chance

but most GL's are smart enough not to do that when they have so many other ways to kill Hulk

Validus
Why would a guy as versatile as GL have to engage Hulk in a direct fist anyway?

Blair Wind
I can think of at least one way that a GL could amp his strength levels to be able to kick hulks ass in a physical fight erm

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Blair Wind
I can think of at least one way that a GL could amp his strength levels to be able to kick hulks ass in a physical fight erm

like what?

Blair Wind
Changing his cellular structure to that of a kryptonians (specifically superman) sorta like Kyle has done before to give himself other superpowers (Kyle gave himself telekenisis)

Then just wrap himself in a solar energy producing skintight shield. He could go H2H from there erm

Superman sundipped is physically superior erm

LORDSIDIOUS01
HULK SMASH HULK SMASH

Soljer
Changing his cellular structure to that of a kryptonians (specifically superman) sorta like Kyle has done before to give himself other superpowers (Kyle gave himself telekenisis)

Then just wrap himself in a solar energy producing skintight shield. He could go H2H from there erm

Superman sundipped is physically superior erm

Co-signed.

He's also changed his genetic make up before, if I do recall correctly, making the jump from telekinesis to Kryptonian even simpler.

Evangel94
Let me make this clear,

I believe that a Green Lantern, using his ring only to amp his strength and increase his durability, fighting the Hulk hand to hand, doesn't have the stamina and energy to last in a prolonged extended match with the Hulk. Especially if the Green Lantern let's the Hulk get angrier and angrier. We all know how powerful the Hulk gets when he's angry and his life is in danger.

But a strong willed Green Lantern, using all the powers of his ring, should be able to either restrain, remove Hulk from the battlefield, or transform Hulk early in the match before he becomes too much of a problem.

-Evangel94

Blair Wind
He can amp himself to superman levels. He can have the ring increase his durability to deal with things like the big bang no expression

Hell the autoshields protected John from a planet being blown up while he was on the planet

Of course even H2H they can take it erm

Evangel94
He can amp himself to superman levels. He can have the ring increase his durability to deal with things like the big bang no expression

Of course even H2H they can take it erm

Which Green Lantern are you refering to?

In fact, which Green Lantern is being used in this thread?

Blair Wind
Well, Hal can do whatever he thinks of, and has beaten on Mongul (a guy who can beat on Superman)

Kyle has help an explosion that was going to be the big bang in a shield (he could create a shield around himself that strong)

And John has had his autoshields protect him from a planets violent explosion.

Also taking into account that Hal has changed his entire body into a robot before, Kyle into another person (who had telekinetic abilities) they should be able to replicate Supermans body (which is just amping their strength) and sundipping himself, they can take him h2h whichever one is fighting that is.

Symmetric Chaos
Which Green Lantern are you refering to?

In fact, which Green Lantern is being used in this thread?

I think it's assumed to be Hal Jordan

batdude123
Well, Hal can do whatever he thinks of, and has beaten on Mongul (a guy who can beat on Superman)

HA!! Superman has made Mongul his ***** tons of times.

LORDSIDIOUS01
AGAIN HULK SMASH

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.