I hope episode three is good!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dr.Lee
Hi Gang Dr.Lee here,
I must say that the best thing about episode 2 was Jango, gosh the acting was pretty bad with anakin and even obi-wan WHY? It did not have to be!!! also i find the cg is ok but i prefer the old models and painted backdrops It so easy now with computers that any numnut can think they are a artist. (i know i will pay that one)

Anywho I hope episode 3 three will be better but i really have my doughts about it
your comments are welcome
oh yeah i wanted say that star wars battelefront is real cool game
Salaut
Dr.Lee

Xam
battlefront rocks rock

mrkphllps
It sure does!

Dr.Lee
Yeah it does rock i really want to get xbox live but my gilfriend thinks that it is nuts come to think of she thinks i am nuts too
Halo 2 should be cool too.
You know maybe i am being to hard on old geroge
lets have fun with it
cheers
Dockie Lee

PVS
i dunno...i played the SWdvd demo of battlefron and i wasnt too impressed. but i was never much for those online fragging games.

KOTOR2 is definately on my christmas list though big grin

§pearhead
djee...I hope episode three's good too erm

and battlefront's awesome thumb up

moonwalker741
i agree with you Dr.Lee, in episode 2, the cgi went OVERBOARD! but even if episode 3 will be like that, ill deal with it, the overall movie should be kick ass..

and battlfront does rule!

vanyoda
Hey, welcome fellow Canadian !!! Yes the prequels have been
disappointing in areas , and nothing has had the impact to
me as the opening sequence in A New Hope. sad

Xam
hey im a Canadian!big grin im from Montreal!:P

OB1-adobe
Probably for the first time I (and hopefully a lot of us) will be able to watch ROTS and enjoy it, and not analyze it so much. Well if you don't like CGI over board, then prepare to be disapointed. ROTS, by the look of the things, has been 85% blue and green screen. I am glad its almost over. You guys shoul listen to Ben Burtt's comentary during the credits of ESB and try place that with the prequels in mind. Particulary episode 1. Personally I don't think prequels are all that bad. At least look at it this way. The best part of the story is in the last half of the saga. Wouldn't suck if you had the best in the begining, and then just a bunch of crappy sequels. and yes Battlefront is awsome.

OB1-adobe
For the most part I think it will be fine. There will be some serious star wars moments in this one for sure. I thought AOTC was dull because of the general story which basically had no peril in it. You had Obi-wan with his mystery quest which was interesting, but somewhat boring to go through, and the love story was just sort of tedious and you had get through that. Then this huge battle, and cool Star Wars moments at the end. I know I will like that one more after I see ROTS, because then AOTC will have more meaning to it, and make more sense. In the same way a lot people feel now about TPM after they saw AOTC. So at the end of the day I think it will be all good. I'm really looking forward to it. It is a bummer though how Star Wars used to be this unified cool thing, and no one questioned it, and now it has become a big debate among people and fans alike on whether it sucks now. Maybe if Lucas just released the orignal trilogy on DVD maybe everyone could be happy, and we could rejoice. sad

PVS
we will all love it, yet we will all endlessly b!tch about it.
why break tradition? stick out tongue

amity75
The people who criticise the prequals are all guys in their late teens to mid thirties. These are people who have lost touch with the kid in them. The films are aimed at children and I've yet to meet one kid who doesn't like them. It brings a tear to my eye when I see kids running around with Darth Maul lightsabres and Jango Fett sweatshirts just as kids of my generation ran around with Luke Skywalker Lightsabres and Boba Fett sweatshirts. Star Wars is for kids whether us adults like it or not and while I was bowled over by ROTJ when I first saw it as a 7 year old I maybe wouldn't hold that same opinion if I saw it for the first time now as a 22 year old. When I see or think of star wars I get taken back to the greatest time of my life - my childhood - and I thank George Lucas and his vision for that. I know that my life would not be as enriched today if it weren't for those movies.

PVS
"The people who criticise the prequals are all guys in their late teens to mid thirties."

so star wars is meant for babies? rubbish
no one has lost touch with their childhood, or we would lose interest
in star wars altogether. no offense to you buddy, but blanket statements like that just rub me the wrong way.

young children will eat up any crap thats marketed toward them.
digimon, pokemon, yugiyo, and whatever other generic crap will pop up soon. its EASY to sell to kids. gaining the approval of kids under 12 is NOT a test of a film, it's a test of marketing.

mc pee pants
this movie has the potential of being way better than the othe 2. we see the birth of darth f*cking vader, man... if GL messes up this story, he will have no redemption for his SW series...

amity75
I didn't mean to rub you the wrong way but I was just expressing my opinion.

PVS
its no problem dude, not like i took it personally big grin

but you have to admit, little kids will buy any crap thats handed to them.
a true classic stands the test of time.

and yes mc pee pants, ep3 is the movie that makes itself. it would take a F***up of collosal magnitude to screw it up.

guiro72
all signs point to "yes" for this film to be at least the best prequel....whether it challenges anh or esb will have to be seen....i am a cynical b*****d, but i am hyped for this film and think it will affect me deeply from what i have seen and heard so far *crosses fingers*......

kids (or at least some kids) are not as dumb as you may think...they can often tell when they are being patronised with dumbed down rubbish...watched phantom menace again the other day, i have been making excuses for this film for too long now....it was seriously hard to get through or enjoy on any level.....came back and watched the last 15 minutes the next day though, and enjoyed that, so i'm still confused....it is flawed though, because a good film will draw you in even if you aren't in the mood to watch it to start with.....

agree with everything dr lee said in his initial post, but i will add that doing cg well is extremely difficult....i would be happy to see a combination of cg with the older methods....they're doing that already, but maybe to tip the balance a little more towards the models, matte painting and on location shooting.....the balance in lotr was pretty good for the most part, and the cg usually didn't draw much attention to itself....

Mr Zero
Actually I think the problem is that the prequels aren't aimed at kids the way the first 3 were. Overlong, over-political and with none of the sense of camaraderie that the OT had.

Thats the main thing thats missing y'know - The OT was all about friendship and adventure - this Trilogy seems to be all about politics and CGI.

Mr Zero
And we have one at the helm.

PVS
EXCELLANT point.
like a 6 year old kid knows what a "vote of no confidence" is, or a "sympathy vote", or a "trade dispute". yeah right, geared toward little babies, sure.

jedijunky1138
In my opinion we really can't judge the first 2 prequals until we see the last. I believe that when you see them in proper order you will get the full meaning of the films.

Can you imagine what it would be like to see the films (all of them in order) for the first time? Wow I wish at this point that I could forget the entire story and see it for the first time! (again)

PVS
i would have probably watched up till the first 15 minuted of episode1, untill i saw jar jar.(or more to the point HEARD jar jar) and then gave up. laughing out loud

jedijunky1138
Well thereis that! LOL God help the young Star Wars fans, for they know not what its like to see ANH in the theatre when it first came out.

PVS
i feel bad for em, its like they've been cheated. sad

jedijunky1138
Just unfortunate.

PVS
i mean, the PT in itself is awsome, but cant hold a candle to the OT, its just outclassed.

guiro72
i once thought as you did jedijunky, but phantom menace is too stupid to be saved i fear...it's not that it's a film aimed at kids, but that it is a film that treats kids like idiots...palpatine and the politics is about the only bit i enjoy apart from the maul scenes, and some of pernilla, liam and ewan's acting....watto has some moments....i like the first 15 minutes or so up to jar jar's somersault....

i think lucas was just rusty though, and has since warmed up....like i have said previously, he should have knocked out a few non-star wars films first to get back in the swing of it before tackling ep I....too late....

jedijunky1138
Well you gotta look at in context. Without Jar Jar who would have called for the emergancy power vote in the senate? Sure he could have made him a little less mmmm I dunno....stupid but then he might not have been so gullable in ATOC. He has a minor part that helps the story along. I still think that when you see them all together you still will have to be impressed.

PVS
but thats just the point! he has a minor roll.
so why, oh why did we all have to be up to our necks in jar jar shit in ep1? what was the point?

jedijunky1138
Well he had to make it into Ep2 so he could call for the vote for Emergency power. Without that vote the chancellor would not become emperor. They needed someone dumb enough to fall for Mas Amidas Prompt.

PVS
im sure we would have gotten the point without jarjar monopolising screen time in ep1

guiro72
lucas changed jar jars role in aotc because he was so unpopular....the original plan for his character arc was different....

Sith Master X
And thank god Jar Jar's role in Episode 3 will be even shorter then Episode 2.

OB1-adobe
Lucas is just trying to entertain people, and he gets blasted for it. I don't know. Maybe it is just hard to watch the PT because to us it just seems like a lot of exposition. I still have a hard time understanding why people talk like they are just flat out crap like 'Batman and Robin,' and 'battfield Earth'

guiro72
nah, i've tried to justify it to myself over and over, the same way as you are doing here, but phantom menace just doesn't work....i could attempt to prove it, but we've all read that kind of thing too many times before to bother....attack of the clones is alright though for the most part.....

guiro72
and ep III will be even better than aotc....

OB1-adobe
The Phantom Menace works for me, I liked it better than Attack of the Clones. I just love how it is the begining of everything, and story wise it almost follows a parrel to ANH.

Sith Master X
Most definitely! Episode 3 will be the best installment to the saga yet.

OB1-adobe
I didn't "try" to justify it. It just sort of grew on me, and I eventually began to understand what was happening and where it was going on. I'm not saying i think your an idiot or anything, I just think we have two totally different mindsets about these films

GCG
i do expect an EE of ROTS maybe say 5 hours long ....................

huh ? who would like this ?

guiro72
would like....but won't happen....

i didn't mean to come off so harsh obi1adobe...i am locked in an eternal struggle with phantom menace....i want to like it so much....i tend to waver back and forth, while always remaining at least slightly dissapointed....a good film will draw you in whatever mood you're in though, so i'm forced to concede that it is flawed on some level....sorry if my post seemed like a bit of a bitchslap....good to see you back on the boards....

GCG
just a little more of action , General Greavios, more Jedi slayed, more missions on planets.

OH COME ON GL !
you could redeem Phantom Menace for guiro with an EE of ROTS !

jedijunky1138
I agree that Jar Jar didn't have to be in the films but Lukas is famous for that kind of character. He did give us the Ewoks, and how lame was that. Heroic Teddy Bears.... No thanks.

I'm sure people thought the same way about the Jawas. And what about the little pig guys in ESB? What were they called?????

guiro72
but then it wouldn't match with the other films though....you see, i am as anally retentive as lucas....and it wouldn't fix phantom, it would still annoy me....

he would have to do ee's of all six films....now please nobody mention this to lucas, i can't afford to buy them....ssshhhh.....

guiro72
ugnauts....

jedijunky1138
Yea Ugnauts.... Thanks

Mace Skywalker
kids will eat up anything that comes theyre way, kinda like hmm, lets go through my list....
Star wars
star trek
DBZ
yu-gi-oh
ninja turtles
batman
spider-man
superman
baseball
football
basketball
eating
sleeping
talking
you see its not just kids buying crap, and doing what they see, or just liking anything. thats ****in human nature. you see something you like, no matter what it is, and tyou rhink about it, when you see it, then you want it.

OB1-adobe
Hey! Ninja Turtles kick ass and they still kick ass!

Dr.Lee
Well hope it is cool cuz at heart i am a kid and i like when a film can take you away from reality and the old star wars did that to me.
the new ones not so much but we must remember that this is Lucas art and he can do whatever the hell he wants.
Thanks
Dr.Lee
And hello to the guy in Montreal. I love that city (I live in Ottawa)

PVS
to see something and then want it is one thing.
to be conditioned to want something is another thing entirely.
if you want to deny that kids are suckers for marketing,
than so be it.

and its NOT human nature, its the nature of a media controlled society
(us included) they dont FIND it, its FORCE FED to them. hype through repetition kinda hypnotises kids. im not saying that kids are stupid, just easily distracted. notice how quick they cast aside certain hype-trends just as quickly as they pick them up?

as older kids and adults, people tend to think more freely and
wont simply accept what is handed to them, because marketing says "its totally cool!!! everyones into it!!! buy it NOW!!!" the older a person gets, the less they care (most of us) about fitting in with ALL their peers.

wait a few years after ep3, if you see kids wearing the gear THEN,
then the prequels are a hit among kids.
you cant gear it on what you see now,
while the hype machine is on.

OB1-adobe
Its force fed because obviosuly it is market for it, but generally in a lot of cases its a good idea, people become enamored with it, and a bunch of suits run with it. I went through alot interests as a kid PVS, but I never lost interest in anything I liked because a lot of it was good imagination, and cool entertainment. I recently bought the first season of TMNT, and to my suprise I still love it and I was instantly remembered why I like it. Same thing with Transformers, and G.I. Joe. I do have an interest to see how kids will react to Pokemon, and all of that popular Japan stuff in the future. Yes some kids just follow the crowd, and then one day some kid realizes he should have been playing with Barbie dolls and ends up on the gay parade, but for the most part as kids we find out what we like, and based on interest levels you can a lomost gauge what kind of person this kid can become when he/she gets older. So we'll see what happens with Star Wars. Generally in terms of toys, kids arn't buying action figures anymore. I used to work at toys r'us, and action figures seems boring to them buy the time they are 4 years old.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.