]Nate Grey VS Thor[

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HarmonicFlo88
Since theres some confusion bout Nate, lets say he's at full control/power.

Who do you think would win?

Ponem
is this Thor at his full power? As in current Thor?

wrathofachilles
Thor. Why? Cause he's got a cooler name.

norrin radd
can thor be controlled mentaly? can nate enter in his mind? if the answer is yes, i choose nate.

Ponem
If this is current Thor. Thor just wims him out of existence.

HarmonicFlo88
Thor while Nate was alive.

and are u ppl actually gona say thor??? omg cmon, i kinda thought this thread would be a mismatch for nate.

HarmonicFlo88
Even if nate cant enter his mind he still has a shit load of telekinesis.

Ponem
Thor is a skyfather at his best. he just wills Nate out of existence, cant beat that mate.

Havoc470
damn ponem's knowledge lol

Wynndar
x-man at his full potential could beat a skyfather...it would be best to have them fight at their regular levels, and back up our opinions with facts

Havoc470
yeah that would be better

HarmonicFlo88
Havok are u like ponem's slave or somethin? jeez man.

Not really Wynndar, cuz X-man could beat many characters at full potential...so why not argue with that? plus nate grey has so much potential, he should be given credit where its due.

Ponem
He's still not going to beat someone who can just make him dissapear with a thought.

Wynndar
umm....how bout because it wouldnt be interesting...Im assuming u know something about at least a couple comic characters: Cable and X-men from the looks of it...then u should know X-man at his full potential would be less powerful than Franklin Richards and Dark Phoenix but still far more powerful than a skyfather...facing Thor against an enemy of virtually unlimitted power is not interesting. it also doesnt help that we dont know what x-man at his peak is like, its just an ambiguous theory...it wouldnt make sense to make a discussion like that, no one could back anything up with facts...their regular selves have plenty of good examples for people to make arguments either way, when there r good arguments on both sides...good arguments, facts, references...thats what makes a thread good...not fanboys blasting hollow opinions

Havoc470
im cursing his knowledge.....

and after that i was agreeing with wyndarr about them being set to even potential -_-

HarmonicFlo88
Yep, my comic knowledge is medium i'd say...pretty nerdy compared to most and not so compared to others. and yea i'm an x-man fan... but see ur wrong to say hes less powerfull than franklin richards. it doesn't matter wut pocket universes he can make, its tha fact that he unintentionally made them in emotional distress. plus hes a lil kid, and even in his adult form....he was still emotionally weak. as for dark phoenix, it is said that at FULL power and FULL control, nate grey is AT her power. and we do know how powerfull he is when he doesn't have full power and control - yet he was still considered very powerfull. so it doesn't hurt to imagine him at full potential, even if *gasp* we cant use references. mutants have powers so we can weigh them out, see wut one mutant can do and wut tha other can do that would overpower/defend/attack tha other mutant. if there are fanboys for thor, i'd like to hear wut they have to say. though it seems that ppl tend to just say bias answers based on a lame ass reason like "but hes a cosmic being!" and someone might say "but hes tha God of Thunder"...atleast i'm a fan who'll actually explain why. and hollow opinions? but i thought i was a "fanboy" who knows only about x-man! i duno why u got all offensive there buddy

Mav
I'm not a fanboy for Thor, but you my friend are the biased one. You think X-man can do anything and is so incredibly strong, which he is, you just overrate him. King Thor would manhandle X-man... He beat Hulk and Thing with one hand at the same time.

Havoc470
im really not a fan, or know much of the two characters......but i think the poll was a mistake lol

wrathofachilles
Yeah I would consider myself a Thor 'fanboy' but I'm not one who thinks Thor will defeat any being in the universe. I just don't see how one can simply state as fact that X-Man can defeat a skyfather at maximum power. Thor went up against Galactus and stopped him and I consider Galactus more powerful than X-Man. I realize X-Man is the most powerful telepath on Earth, but what basis does one have for claiming that is sufficient for a skyfather?

Wynndar
yea so didnt u just answer your own question? why would u place Thor against someone almost as powerful as Dark Phoenix?...and no, Nate Grey is still not as powerful as Franklin...if u r refering to psi-lord when u talk about adult Franklin, that is not the Adult Franklin of the regular continuity...different dimension, nor was he an adult...Dark Phoenix' powers come from the M'kraan crystal, they r not mutant...Mutant's powers manifest in adolesence...franklin is in elementary school, not adolesence...his powers have been dampened by Roma and he still managed to reset reality and manipulate time in the battle against Abraxis...and when he creating the Onslaught universe he was also just a kid, that is only a spark of his power... and if u really know what ur talking about u know that Franklin saved his little sister when she was still in the womb, he was a toddler at the time!...you are talking about maxed out x-man, I am talking about maxed out Franklin Richards...X-man would be crushed...Im sure u will retort with the same "x-man will go in his head and shut off his powers" i dont think that is possible to do to another psionic who happens to be more powerful than celestials....maybe when he is fighting nightcrawler and Crimson Commando...not a omnipotent mutant who's power outclasses everyone short of Eternity...

Wynndar
hey but sorry if u found my previous post inflamatory...I wasnt calling you a fan boy, so much...i was just trying to express how fans shouting out opinions that are not based on comic book events get us nowhere... lots of people seem to like characters because they have the coolest costume or hair...they say a person can do something but they dont have any comic events to support it...Thats why i think its better to compare the two normal heroes, there is plenty of comic info to argue it in either direction, at least i know good reason's for either one to win...the maxed out Thor hasnt been fully explored and the maxed out x-man isnt explored at all, just conjectured...by the way, I brought up 3 solid examples of things Franklin has done to prove why he is the most powerful, those things actually happened in continuity and while he was between 2 and 8 years old (pre adolesent). Thus when Franklin grows up i think he will be more powerful than X-man maxed out...although he already kinda is...but i admit its just my opinion....but at least I have some facts too...there r no facts about x-man, he has never been maxed out yet....but if he does, i would place him just below dark phoenix

norrin radd
i have the idea that nate grey at full power would beat thor, but franklin richards at full power, no way, and dark phoenix to me is more powerful then nate.

ANd thor could never beat galactus where did you read that wrathofachilles?

wrathofachilles
I didn't say he beat him, I said he pushed him back with his godforce. Outside of Thanos, I don't think anyone has really 'beaten' Galactus, regardless of what Fantastic Four fans say *Ultimate Nullifier doesn't count, anyone can 'beat' him with that*, you can only repel him.

And I know you weren't referring to me Wynndar, but I consider myself a 'fanboy' of Thor for the simple fact that I'm a mythologist and Thor fits quite nicely into that. His "costume and hair" are actually pretty stupid...
But I wouldn't claim Thor can beat X-Man simply because I don't know X-Man well enough. I don't like him, but that's not sufficient reason to say he'd lose. I just don't know why he would be able to be one of the king of the gods considering their virtual unlimited power.

Wynndar
i wasnt attacking u at all...I was attacking people who were supportingNate Grey without anything to back it up

Havoc470
i attack people with old hot dogs from my balcony smile

Wynndar
regular Thor and regular X-man would be a good fight...I didnt want the discussion to be ruined by conjectures about a future X-man of unlimited power...In the marvel universe Odin is really powerful, just above Thanos...but Dark Phoenix goes around destroying star systems its not interesting to see her fight anyone

norrin radd
regular thanos cannot beat galactus, period.
you must be talking of thanos wi5th the infinet gauntlet or the heart.

Wynndar
must be...maybe trick Galactus....but by no means as powerful or intelligent...but i was very impressed with Thanos' fight against Tyrant...thats why i regard him as almost as powerful as a skyfather

HarmonicFlo88
Yea, i get wut ur sayin...its better to think of 'em both at normal power..though i still say nate takes this. i just find telepathy and telekinetics to be tha best type of powers and x-man is tha most powerfull of them all. plus being a teen, u could relate in many ways of how hes young, hot-tempered and a free spirit...plus his powers are jus ****in awesome - though they may not be as powerfull as dark pheonix or galactus...on earth, he pretty much owns everyone. and i'll get pissed if ppl argue atleast that, lol. so yea i am a fan and all, and duh i do think x-man would win but that is from my knowledge of how powerfull he is at normal levels. i dont kno much about thor at normal power, but from wut i read...i dont think hes near x-man

Wynndar
why do you think he can take anyone one earth?...that is a bold opinion...he is one of the most powerful mutants...but beat anyone one earth?...i wouldnt put him in my top five as far as earthlings go personally...and beating someone isnt always based on power...I think a long list of people could take the enexperienced x-man...he doesnt have any brains either so that leaves him extremely vulnerable

Mav
Dr.Doom or Reed could take him.

Shadow_King
i think it would be a stalemate.

Ponem
Nah, Nate Grey could whipe away everyone on earth if he wanted to with ease. He had enough power to re-distrubte it amongst all humans and mutants on the planet. Reed , in theory, would be smart enough to make something, given he has a few hours, days, probably weeks. And of course, Nate wouldnt give him that time if he really wanted him dead.

Potentially the joint forces of ALL the telepaths on Earth could take out nate long enough to get your heavy, heavy hitters out to stomp him a new one. One thing for sure, you'd need some pretty hard-asses to take him out.

Now; Thor however, isnt Human, nor Mutant xD Strongest version of Thor is SkyFather..something of a powerlevel that some people just do not want to accept.

Never
This is incorrect. Rachel with the Phoenix Force whipped his ass, and she is not nearly as nasty as Dark Phoenix is.

At any rate, it occurred in this issue here:

http://www.thecomicshop.com.au/site6/lot122/excalibur-61-nm-marvel.jpg

Nate Grey as Shaman is not superior to Cable at full potential. Nate COULD be the most powerful psi, but capable of taking on ALL of the earth's psis? That's a bit much.

wrathofachilles
Of course, that's what I meant, the IG story. I dn't consider anyone below Living Tribunal or Eternity able to match-up against Galactus without ultimate weapons. I don't care what the Fantastic Four did, they can't 'beat' Galactus. Doesn't it strike anyone else a little odd that they just HAPPENED to come upon the nifty-named 'Nullifer' when Galactus comes by? Come on! What's next, 'Galacti-basher?'That's just a bad story.

wrathofachilles
Alright, people have called me on this before, and I have to keep clarifying: when I say nobody can take Galactus, I mean no character without ultimate power-ups can take him. God-like celestial cosmic beings aside, no main hero/villain without these ultimate powers can take Galactus. The star-system eating Phoenix is more of a phenomenon than an actual character. Yeah it used Jean and Rachel and became a character, but it's the phenom rather than the figure that has the power. Tribunal, Eternity, Death, Phoenix, the Gauntlet, etc. they're all beyond physical characters in certain ways, I consider Galactus a regular physical character, even though he's cosmic.

JuggernautFan
the ultimate nullifier was just a shell. he bluffed galactus, and had galactus not believed him (and if the watcher hadnt been shielding reed richards from being telepathically scanned) galactus would have consumed earth.

FrothByte
present cable would be able to beat teenage xman.

wrathofachilles
Oh is that the storyline where Uatu got in trouble with the Watchers' Council for interefering in the universe? What happens if Galactus were to kill the Watcher? Do the rest of them gang up on him? That's interfering again!

HarmonicFlo88
I dont understand why people think hes inferior to cable...cable at full potential is not as powerfull as nate grey with full potential . cable himself admitted it in issue 14 of X-man. its just a fact. and yea he did disperse his power to everyone on earth to save earth from some harvestor. he has incredible power...you guys just dont know nate grey well and i say that not merely due to being a fan, if you read his comics or power descriptions - he is almost always shown to be extremely powerfull....close to dark phoenix. he just wasn't ever shown at his complete full extent.

Though i do agree that if ALL tha psis' went against nate...he'd lose but still put up a good fight.

Wynndar
how many mutants can survive space?

wrathofachilles
Drax. I'm convinced that guy's a mutant. He's just that damn ugly.

HarmonicFlo88
nate would take this

wrathofachilles
You already said that.

*cough*Thor*cough*

ragesRemorse
Nate

gogogadgetgo
wasnt it just speculated that nate at full power could be as powerful as dark phoenix? it wasnt really stated as truth but was just an estimate of how strong he would be. And then there's uber cable, full power nate would probably be what uber cable is. and uber cable lost to silver surfer. thor>=silver surfer. so my money's on thor

llagrok
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
wasnt it just speculated that nate at full power could be as powerful as dark phoenix? it wasnt really stated as truth but was just an estimate of how strong he would be. And then there's uber cable, full power nate would probably be what uber cable is. and uber cable lost to silver surfer. thor>=silver surfer. so my money's on thor

Nope.

Moira said that she wasn't able to measure Nate's power level and that she hadn't experienced something like that since dark phoenix. That does not mean that he is anywhere near dark phoenix' power level. We've hardly seen enough Nate feats that put him on the same level as Thor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.