Too many teenage bands being started.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LoSt_
I think there are too many teenage rock/metal bands being started. Where i go to school there are at least 10 different bands that I know if. I think its going way out of hand.

Ronny
shock so your saying that teen should be able to express themselves thru music? thats like me saying to many dom and orli lovers it needs to stop its getting way out of hand

Mr Zero
"I really love Joaquin Phoenix and Kid Rock. I'd allow them to bone me."

At the same time? Cos that would be slutty.

Darth Revan
Yeah, really. Who cares how many bands there are at your school? Mine has a lot too. It's a good thing for kids to have an outlet like that... Besides which, high school kids have always had garage bands. My dad was in a garage band when he was that age, and so were a lot of adults I know.

Ronny
happy id rather listen to music then play it but i do enjoy playing drums

PippinTook
I think it's good for those teens who are starting bands.... Music's a great way to express yourself. And if I could find a drummer and a bass guitarist and a vocalist, I'd start one, too. I play guitar...but I can't find anyone who knows how to play any instruments who aren't already in bands. blink

Sorry I disagreed with you, AFO. erm I actually don't mind all the teen bands, though...

Ronny
laughing out loud thats funny me and my friend are trying to find a guitarist or two (she plays bass and i play drums)

LoSt_
Why should something be started that wont get anywhere?

<<Solo>>
laughing Lost you dirty whore........

Silver Stardust
Going by that logic, why bother doing anything? It might not get anywhere. That's the worst excuse ever to not do something.

If teens want to start bands, good for them! I think it's cool. My friends and I were going to start one of our own but never did for some reason...

Darth Revan
'Cuz it's fun playing music. And not only that, but there's always the chance that it WILL get somewhere. The chance that anything big will happen is small, but if nobody ever started bands in high school, there would be no bands that actually made it big. Like Alana said, that's the worst excuse not to do something I've ever heard. Why play on a sports team, you might not win every game! Why apply to a college, you might not get in! Not everything in life works out, learn to deal with it.

OB1-adobe
You can go strait to hell for saying that.

I played in a band with the same guys for 10 years. You gain more from playing music, than just sitting on your ass being bored by algebra class. It makes you feel alive, and like your actually doing something. Revan said there is too many, I say there is not enough. At least not enough get recognized, not because they "suck" but because there is no market any where except for California. There is a lot of good talent out there that gets crushed by the weight of there own geography.

Turbo-Cajun
amen, my brother...

furryman
Yeah why bother having any kind of hobby or ambition in life, because you're getting a little ticked off there are too many kids in your school having fun.

OB1-adobe
I'd rather have a bunch of inspired teenagers playin the scene, than a bunch of washed up burnouts, and never wases crowding the stage playing Iron Maiden and Led zeppelin covers infront of nobody but the other bands and their girlfriends. Those people don't give a shit. They wear their greased up work jeans, and harley davidson t-shirts, play their shit for 30 minutes, or god forbid an hour and a half, and everybody left because their shit was so boring. It is a lot more fun watching kids play because you want to see how good they are and it is fun watchen them grow if they stay in the game. Young muscians always bring energy to the scene. Of course your always get the usual dip shits who look and sound like are trying to be Kurt Cobain, but even then those kids are just being inspired.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.