He-Man Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheFilmProphet
John Woo to Direct & Produce He-Man
Source: Variety
October 4, 2004

Variety reports that Fox 2000 has set John Woo ("Paycheck"wink to direct and produce He-Man, a live-action film based on the characters in Mattel's "Masters of the Universe" line of action figures. Adam Rifkin will adapt the screenplay.

Originally made into an animated series in 1983, the property was also adapted into a live-action film in 1987 called Masters of the Universe, which starred Dolph Lundgren as the hero and Frank Langella as Skeletor.

He-Man began life as Prince Adam, the hybrid of an Earthling and an Eternian. At the age of 18, he was taken to Castle Grayskull, where Adam received super powers. He-Man has a sidekick in the form of a tiger, Battle Cat, and a deadly enemy, Skeletor.

Woo is also attached to direct The Rock in the video game adaptation "Spy-Hunter" for Universal Pictures.

TheFilmProphet
Please move immediately!! Made it in the wrong forum!! embarrasment

Paola
uhm blink ok....

moving to Movie Discussion? it's not a comic, right?

Clovie
it's comic...

TheFilmProphet
Well......Its had a long history.

First-Cartoon
Second-Comic Book
Third-Movie
Then the first two again.

Paola
moving to comic discussion.....

TheFilmProphet
Gracias Paola.

Paola
Tienes suerte..... ya me iba ir a dormir yawn stick out tongue

TheFilmProphet
Yo tambien ya mismo.

TheFilmProphet
80"s He-Man Moviehttp://www.he-man.org/primary_sects/movie/images/gallery/he-man_closeup3.jpg

Mane
fear

TheFilmProphet
laughing out loud

FrothByte
so who will be the actors?

pr1983
i actually liked the old movie despite its campness, i have the feeling though this one'll be shit

TheFilmProphet
They don't have a cast yet but they will be searching for one very soon.

Havoc470
is john woo doing a ninja turtles movie also?

i remember reading that he was going to direct a fully cg ninja turtles movie, but that was a while back

TheFilmProphet
It was a few years ago but the movie was officially thrown out.

Havoc470
: / that sucks, i was looking forward to seeing another ninja turtles movie lol

TheFilmProphet
Sooner or later they will make one. Probably later. wink

Hopefully live action.

Lord Shadow Z
John Woo should definately leave this alone- it's not going to work with him at the helm or anyone. I liked the 80's movie with Dolph Lundgren, it had the feel of a good story(apart from the fact that there is no Prince Adam-He-Man transformation). I mean you only have to look at the new cartoon they released to realise that modernising something isn't exactly the best way forward

Mightyrain
Actually the new cartoon had a very good following and fans of the 80's series and toys really enjoyed the new series. The problem that they encountered was that they only advertyised the cartoon and toys either during the show itself (which if your watching the show you already know about it) and immediatly before the cartoon durring the commercial breaks... I think if properly advertised it would have taken off and made a huge wave in the 80's revival pool.

MornGlory
he-man is gay

Mightyrain
Thats not true... Prince Adam is gay.... He-man is straight.

Paola
I can't believe that person did it again! Jeez!

TheFilmProphet
Gay as in homosexual or gay as in happy?

TheFilmProphet
Frontrunners for the New He-Man Movie?
Source: The Daily Telegraph
January 2, 2005

Back in October of 2004 it was announced that John Woo will direct and produce He-Man, a live-action film based on the characters in Mattel's "Masters of the Universe". Now The Daily Telegraph has posted a rumor on who may be the frontrunners:

Kwanten is one of the frontrunners to play He-Man in an upcoming film version of He-Man, due to be released in 2006.

The actor's profile has risen of late due to his starring role in the US series Summerland, but he's facing some stiff competition from Sex and the City hunk Jason Lewis and The Rock.

Adam Rifkin is adapting the screenplay for the Fox 2000 movie.

baracustastic
John Woo directs and produces............excellent. This could be the best action/comic film ever.....or very, very, camp.

no cast as yet. I would have:

He-Man: the biggest gladiator from Gladiator, gets shot by about 37 arrows in the end.
Prince Adam: Kieron Culkin
Teela: Elisha Cuthbert
Man at Arms: Sean Bean
Evil-lyn: Angelina Jolie
King Randor: Val Kilmer
Skeletor: Canna think of anyone
The Sorceress: Jennifer Garner

and the all important She-ra/Adora: Jessica Alba

MIL
The earlier heman sucked...hope this one's good..
Isnt heman more of a younger childrens character , I mean unlike spidey or batman?

T.M
i loved He-Man when i was a kid big grin

MIL
Hey I liked heman too...but the animated series , not he dolph lundgren movie

T.M
the animated series 0wn3d

and i thought i hated anything animated what a idiot i am

baracustastic
I suppose so, the toys came first and the cartoon was made to sell them. But, so what. There are story points that make it deeper than just kids stuff.

and also I thought She-ra was mega-hot when I was wee. I mean, micro dress, low cut top, knee-boots........bloody hell!

pr1983
i always preferred evil lynn...

TheFilmProphet
This should just be merged with the "He-Man" movie thread I made here http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f43/t309747.html which is still on the same page.

Dazzler619
I hope it will be better than the 1987 version

TheFilmProphet
It should be considering all the technological advances that have been made the since inception of the original version.

Paola
I thought this was yours messed

my apologies, Proph, thanks for the link...

merging...

TheFilmProphet
Its ok, the Prophet can't stay mad at a woman like Paola.

pr1983
i might be wrong but wasnt he-man a cartoon, not a comic?

Paola
Proph: sure you can't hitler

Paul: believe it or not... He-Man (and the masters of the universe) is a comic yes

pr1983
but was it a comic first? thats what im curious about...

TheFilmProphet
Well there was already He-Man comics in 1982 and then the TV series started in 83.

I can stay in love though. love

pr1983
oh, my mistake...

TheFilmProphet
its kool,

Cinemaddiction
Not according to CKY.

Lord Shadow Z
I doubt that very much. People are clever to realise that the cartoon is rehashed into a modern way of presenting an animation. They are just needlessly testing new animaton styles on what was in my opinion was a very good cartoon to begin with. Its good reasonably the same plot, same characters-with the exception of a few random creatures thrown about. For chrissakes they even resorted to taking the rotating sword idea interlude from the originals and using it halfway through the series. It looks cheap and nasty and it just feeds the minds of those idiots who actually like that and other reworked projects like X-Men Evo and the new Turtles cartoon. Theres no originality anymore, everything HAS to be re-done or modernised.
The issue here is the reworking of He-Man into a new film and I can honestly say it will not be good with John Woo at the helm. He doesn't understand sci-fi or fantasy-he understands guns and bombs and ****ing doves flying about.

Orko
Acually, He-Man didn't start out as a cartoon or comics.
It started out as a toyline.

I injoyed the 80's movie because it had He-Man, but to be honest, it was full of flaws.
It was nothing like the cartoon and it was generally just a bad movie.

Hopefully John Woo will not have this movie connected to that 80's movie(I read it might even be a sequal! yikes!)
And for god sakes please don't cast the Rock as He-Man

If John remakes He-Man and uses an actor like Jason Lewis(who is a dead ringer for He-man) this could be the He-Man movie fans always wanted

TheFilmProphet
fear

RZA
So what's the latest news on this movie. Is it still being made? I heard a while back that John Woo dropped out as director and that Jason Lewis guy was cast as He-man, but that was it, anyone heard anything new?

RZA
He-man during his best years...
http://img32.exs.cx/img32/526/heman8ud.jpg

He-man during his not so good years...*sigh*...poor He-man...I think we can all relate.
http://img32.exs.cx/img32/9914/heman6wq.gif

Whoa!!!A video game since when?...hmm...wonder if they have it for XBox?
http://img32.exs.cx/img32/6488/hemanbox0dn.jpg

TheFilmProphet
Garner Up for She-Ra?

By Brad Brevet
Source: http://www.comics2film.com/FanFrame.php?f_id=11755 February 18, 2005

I have heard very little about the upcoming He-Man project except for the news we have all heard, that John Woo is aboard to direct and Nicolas Cage was being considered for the role of Skeletor, but other than that.. pretty much zilch.

A couple of days ago, however, I did receive a bit of rumor focused on the upcoming flick that seemed interesting enough to spout off about, whether it is true or not, it still gets the mind racing.

Based on the news we received apparently Jennifer Garner is currently the frontrunner to play She-Ra in the flick, plus our insider tells us that rumors of Jason Lewis and Nicolas Cage being involved are false.

He also tells me that shooting is expected to begin before the year is up.

Don't go putting too much stock in this rumor, just mull it around a bit. Garner could be a good candidate, but it could look a bit weird seeing her with a big fro of blonde hair, after all, this isn't "Alias," the wig would be on the whole time.--End Article

Thursday, December 23, 2004

"No word on Skeletor, but those rumors about Nicolas Cage were false apparently."

http://www.comics2film.com/FanFrame.php?f_id=11042

RZA
^^The Prophet has returned!!!!

TheFilmProphet
Indeed I have, thanks for the welcoming back RZA! happy

RZA
^^It's good to have you back dude. We missed you're updates on stuff. smile

TheFilmProphet
Thanks, its people like you that make me proud to be back.

RZA
So is this movie still gonna be made or not?

And what happened to Prophet?, I miss him sad

He would always contribute good stuff to the board.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.