other countries!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

m!$hA
as you probably know by now, im quite interested in other countries happy

ive made my wonderful thread about what you love about your country, now i though it was time to find out what you like about OTHER countries!

id like to know what people like about australia eek! as i live here, and ive learned from kmc that people all over the world love it! and i wanna know why droolio

Silver Stardust
I like other countries simply because they're different from the US. I can't wait to go travel somewhere else eek!

m!$hA
is it true that in the us you can get ANYTHING delivered? like soup? eek!

Anth
Getting mauled by wombats.

m!$hA
one thing i love about aussie is that theres so many rumours about us and out animals eek!

Anth
That you can fit in the sack of a Kangaroo and they'll be your tour guide? Crickey!

m!$hA
and that we ride them to school eek!

oh and that we have pet koalas and we cuddle them like a baby droolio

Anth
Koalas in my opinion are like wombats. People get mauled by them. No? Then why do they have long claws? Don't give me that rubbish that they use them to climb up those thick trees in the Outback....

Silver Stardust
laughing out loud Not really...pizza and Chinese food is about it, really, sometimes some other things...though I dunno, maybe in other parts of the US it's different *shrugs*

m!$hA
my sister said you guys could get soup delivered cry

Anth
And in Australia. You guys have drive in liquour stores beer, and places where you can buy pie...

Silver Stardust
Well, I've never gotten soup delivered...laughing out loud like I said, maybe you can in other parts of the US, but as far as I know there isn't any places around Chicago that deliver soup.

m!$hA
um im not sure about people geting mauled by them erm
ive never heard about it! ive hard that wombats are fisty, i think.

its just the fact that you guys dont realise that kangaroos, coalas, wombats etc are only in the bush, mainly where we dont live, so people hardly ever see them erm

m!$hA
they better, otherwise my sisters getting a beating mad

Anth
They're at the zoo. Its like a car rental place. You promise the zoo keepers that you just want to take pictures without the bars.

m!$hA
we have drive in liquour stores? eek! god, i wish droolio

we have places where we can buy pies yes droolio jesters!

Anth
Drive in = Drive thrus.

m!$hA
are you implying that australians steal cars? confused

m!$hA
i know erm

Anth
No... I am saying that tourists 'borrow' Kangaroos from the Zoos.

Anth
Just making sure, I've seen pictures of a friend who went to Australia. He has the proof that they have such things in Aussieland.

m!$hA
uh i think the kangaroo would hop away erm

anyway, noone WANTS to "borrow" kangaroos erm

m!$hA
i bet thats in sydney or melbourne mad
where did he go?

Anth
I would in a heart beat... I am sure Steve Irwin would want to borrow a Kangaroo... he sure deserves a boxin' match wit one anyways. They can't hop away too far... they are imprisioned in the cage.

m!$hA
why are you so negative?

Anth
Now now.... Melbourne is a pretty place. He lived in North Eastern Australia. I don't remember the exact name of the town.

Anth
Negative? I guess you do not understand Canadian humour...

m!$hA
i know someone who came from canada eek!
his name was nick.

well i dont think we have drive through liquour stores in perth cry

actually eek! i might have seen one ... in fact ... YES WE DOeek! if im thinking of the right things eek! WE DOO I REMEMBER WE DOO!

boy am i gonna take advantage of that droolio

Anth
So unfortunate for ya.

m!$hA
what is?

Anth
Ah... I posted before ya editted your post.

m!$hA
im too quick for you diva

Anth
You don't need to rub it in, that hurted. :'(

m!$hA
aw im sorry sweety cry hug

im going to get food droolio
be back in 5 happy

Ms Hyde
I can't really say that we don't have kangaroos running around our backyard. I know a lady down the road who does... and we don't live in a national park laughing

Anth
Alright.... I'm going to bed... back in eleven hours.

Anth
Have you pat a Kangaroo before? Are their petting zoos in Australia where you can pet one? :d

m!$hA
gnight anth wavey

m!$hA
are you serious? shocking

i guess you live in the bush then

Ms Hyde
^ Not really the bush whistle

It's not like we only have one class from years 1-6 and you have to get sent out to high school laughing out loud

It is not encouraged to pet kangaroos stick out tongue

m!$hA
my cousins live in darlington ... is it sort of like that?

oh wait i guess you'd have to live in perth to know where darlington is stick out tongue embarrasment

WhiteEagle
That's right world, we're a penal colony. A nation of exiled convicts. Fear us! evil face

Darth Surgent
In response to an earlier post:

Yes, you can have anything delivered in America. Anything. (even soup)

Ms Hyde
^ Can you order them online? one eye

I don't know where Darlington is. I'm from the East Coast.
I wasn't joking when I said I am not from the bush. There just happens to be kangaroos around wink

yerssot
*looks around*
this is the place we suck up to australia?

Ms Hyde
^ Up to you

m!$hA
that is NOT fair cry i was sick the other day and got a craving for soup. my mum wasnt home and my sister didnt have any petrol in her car, so i said "can you get soup delivered?" and she said "in america!" so i responded
"damn americans" mad
and she said "you can get anything delivered in america"
cry

m!$hA
no it was about any country, but because i asked about australia, everyone made it mainly a thread about aussies diva

yerssot
you want attention huh eek! stick out tonguewink

m!$hA
not that i need it eek!

yerssot
you're such a bad actress eek!

m!$hA
i gave that up years ago, dollface!

yerssot
yeah, I see why stick out tongue

m!$hA
the competition put too much pressure on the other actors, so i thought id do them a favour and quit erm

yerssot
girl, you gotta learn what the Razzie Awards mean stick out tongue

Silver Stardust
Why doesn't anywhere around where I live deliver soup? I really want some right now...I don't feel well...sad

m!$hA
uh yeah i do embarrasment

m!$hA
i know cry i feel your pain!

yerssot
you mean you got them all? eek!

m!$hA
i mean i dont know what it means!

yerssot
sure wink

Darth Revan
I like Canada cuz their flag is cool and they have good skiing and they get free healthcare and they're just so cool happy

Silver Stardust
I really want to go to England happy

trilight
About roos, in Canberra we had them jumping around the streets and backyards of the suburb I was in.

And in Sydney I go to drive-in bottle shops. You still have to get of your car, it's not like McDonalds. sad smile

Anth
DAMN IT! sad

Linkalicious
I like Australia for the surfers, and the whole culture that goes along with it.

It's not just "the thing to do" but it's more a way of life...and i have a lot of respect for that.

Oh, and "A dingo ate my baby" wink

Vampy
I LOVE Australia. I adore it, completely! It's everything, the people, the beauty of the country, ffs the way they talk laughing

eek! Crocodile Dundee!! eek!

Anth
You must admire the Croc Hunter *gets stomach cramps*

Vampy
not really... but the way he talks makes me roll on the floor, laughing happy

old ugly person he is :X

Punkyhermy
I have been to many counries actually

Switzerland- is like Paradise.SO beautiful and so...perfect!it looks unreal.
Pakistan- Amazing culture.delightful people.
Iran-Friendly people.interesting country
Egypt-Wow.Just wow.
England-Such class and sophistication mixed with gothic buildings...I was gaping all day long!
Saudi Arabia-Huge highways, modest people.
United Arab Emirates-it's a HUGE shopping mall!

shaber
Really? huh

Punkyhermy
uhuh

Anth
And what a retard... going after a crocodile? Come on.

charlit
um new zealand is boring........

and i hav been alover the world and i love paris!!!

Anth
Paris is a tourists trap. They charge you fourteen euros for one deep fried snail.

charlit
meh....oh well i can buy all my goodies when im there lol

Anth
I see... but this is a topic on Australia.

They built a fence to keep the Dingos out? Can't they dig underneath?

yerssot
*points to reply and shows misha*
see! happy

trouble
i wanna go to aussi or russia i dont like spain no more ive been so many times sad

Chelsea23
i want to go to germany....US is just too crowded

Corran
I like that there are sharks in australia that Eat Australians and dangerous snakes, spiders and toads that kill them too.

Everyone knows the best kind of Australian is a dead one stick out tongue

.::Levi@than::.
stick out tongue the sharks don't mean to eat us no they just get confused.

I LOVE the UAE, we went there at the start of the year happy so much shopping droolio

Corran
Then confusion is good stick out tongue

not when there's a shark hanging off your arm stick out tongue

Linkalicious
they rarely hang...

generally they just rip it right off and move onto the next bite...

Turbo-Cajun
I have travelled a little bit, I have been to South Africa 4 times, amsterdam once, I've been to Juarrez, Mexico... i live in the US and have travelled around here quite a bit, I've been to a few places in Canada before... seen some pretty interesting stuff.

naybean
I went to the US for the first time in August. I was in Texas for my sisters wedding. admitedly i didnt think i would enjoy myself but i had an amazing time.

Ive been to germany a couple of times and really enjoyed myself there too.

Anth
I love Texas. *sighs*

m!$hA
that would be me and my country diva

m!$hA
7 if youre pretty winkiss

m!$hA
no its not about australia, just people think it is because i said australia in the first post embarrasment

m!$hA
i want you to come to aussie too naughty

m!$hA
HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT schmoll obviously, in your old age, you forgot that i am austraian diva

Corran
No, I did not stick out tongue

m!$hA
im very ashamed and hurt grandpa nono

yerssot
don't let him have a heartattack now

dean7879
i bet u cant guess where i live stick out tongue
britain owns australia..dont u forget it! cool

ladygrim
no expression i shant say nething ...

Anth
That is revelant historically however modern day, no. The British Empire no longers exist and the Commonwealth is a traditional thing that lands of the British Empire whom are independant.

m!$hA
yeah but which is the better country diva

Imaginary
Us, of course... even though our current Prime Minister is part of The Evil Trio.

m!$hA
my thread in_love

Imaginary
Aww! Yay for Misha!

Nooo! We have to live with John Howard for another 4 years! The Evil Trio is still evil!

m!$hA
watch it girl, the voting isnt over yet
or is it live?

is it true that john howard is going to be sending us into more war stuff or something? cry

Imaginary
Probably... and it is over, at least for me here in Sydney

m!$hA
of course eek!
its the next day laughing out loud

Imaginary
What i meant was... at the time that I posted that message Howard was giving his speech with an evil smug look on his face... but then i had to go to bed i have school on monday and nocturnalism doesn't suit school hours

m!$hA
youre not on holidays?

Imaginary
Just finished.

Anth
GO HOWARD!

i wanna visit australia, i love the whole "reverse seasons compared to ours" thing...that's awesome cause right now i'm freezing and i could go for some good ole unbearably hot sun smile ...oh and Misha, i know for a fact you can get soup delivered to your house...you really can get ANYTHING delivered to your house nowadays in the U.S., well at least in NYC. it's great! ! big grin smile ...ever heard of fresh direct? You don't even have to go shopping for food at a store anymore...you get all your weeks groceries all delivered to you! eek! eek! Happy Dance Happy Dance

i love delivery! big grin

Imaginary
Howard is EVIL EVIL EVIL!!!

m!$hA
hey you, havnt seen you round for a while sadhug

id love you to visit aussie too naughtykisses

yes im really excited about summer coming droolio i love the spring time, i just get so excited about summer coming happy

urgh i hate america schmoll i bet you can get maccas delivered too! schmoll

barbarossa
I can understand if someone hates the LEADERS of the U.S, But were all not bad! Honest!!! wink

m!$hA
yes and the words on your avatar prove that stick out tongue

WaDe_N_sPaRrOw
im from new zealand... lived in america for a while went back to new zealand..

Imaginary
I wanna go to New Zealand after I explore Australia some more... still got to visit Tassie, the NT, WA and SA

m!$hA
come to perthie droolio

barbarossa
::Evil Cackle:: wink

m!$hA
laughing out loud

Imaginary
Will do, Misha.... eventually

hana_skywalker
Hello everyone!! Well, I don't exactly love Australia (I love Canada!!) but I do like it very much. My uncle goes there very often. I like it mainly because it's very well organized and surely has a LOT of things to see. Besides, I admire that even though it belonged or belongs to Britain, Australia and its people are absolutely unique in many ways. The way of speaking (I have to admit it, difficult to understand for me) for example, also animals you cannot find anywhere else and I've heard that you have your own and very particular slang!! That's very very cool! big grin
I hope I'll be able to visit one day. wink

Imaginary
Awww thanks Hana

hana_skywalker
wink You're welcome.

barbarossa
slang? "Crickey, thats a big one!" wink big grin

AHHH DIE CROC HUNTER!!!! laughing

Imaginary
Every self respecting Aussie despises Steve Irwin with a passion. Let it be known that his accent is totally warped and it sounds nothing like an Aussie accent

barbarossa
YAY! someone that hates the baby-dangler as much as me! cool

hana_skywalker
For real??? blink It doesn't sound like an Australian accent? Well, that's a news for me! LOL It's quite difficult for me to understand what he says on TV. And now that you mention it, I've heard other Aussies and they don't sound as... exaggerated as Steve Irwin!

But why does he talk like that? confused1

Imaginary
Steve Irwin is just Steve Irwin... he does it to be recognised and look how well it's working...

Fire
let's see countries I like (and ofc have visited) France, Kenya, England, Scottlad, US, Egypt, Slovenia and Croatia

BackFire
Wait, wait, you mean there's other countries out there besides America!? Wow, damndest thing...

m!$hA
like "gday"
and "blimey"
eek!

Imaginary
You americans have such swollen heads... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Imaginary
and "mate" (in the friend sense, you sickos)

m!$hA
i have no idea roll eyes (sarcastic)
but its really really rare to find an aussie to have an accent that strong eek!
i know noone....elle macphersons is pretty strong eek!

Imaginary
Nah, Misha, it's all for show. I don't think anyone from any country could have an accent that strong...

m!$hA
yeah probably erm

hes got an accent like when americans try to imitate us laughing out loud

hana_skywalker
laughing out loud

I didn't know 'blimey' was an Aussie thing! smile And what is 'gday'?

Imaginary
G'day is short for "good day"

hana_skywalker
I see, thanks. wink

Robo-Chocobo
AUSTRALIA W007!!!

Melborn australia is the best city ever. It has so many hidden allyway bars, and cool abstract stuff. I was walking down the street when I was their, and a limo pulled up on the sidewalk, a bride and groom hoped out, ran into an ally, and came out 1 min later with lattes. then drove off.

Imaginary
laughing out loud I lived there for 6 years

But then you had to move to sydney stick out tongue

Imaginary
Blame the folks, Noodles

lucija
I love australia cause of its wonderful nature and people and aborigines and most of all for KANGAROOS.
I love kangaroos most of all animals I wish I could visit australia and also I would like to live there.
you're happy misha you're living there yes bunny

Imaginary
We lucky folk, ain't we Misha and Levi?

Yes.
Yes we are.

Cute Kangaroos happy When they're not chasing you

Imaginary
Oh Noodles, as if you've ever been chased by a kangaroo

I haven't, but when we were on camp in year 5, someone did.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>