Soundgarden

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Samurai Guy
No thread about Soundgarden? This disappoints me heavily!

Great band. Terrific, even! The days when Chris Cornell was with a band he suited. No offense, but Audioslave do not tickle my fancy.

Soundgarden were a really great Alt Rock band. Seemless.

lil bitchiness
I like Soundgarden, way way WAY more than Nirvana.

I also like Chris Cornell...

However, i dont like Audioslave...at all.

Alice_In_Chains
i like em

furryman
I have Superunkown on real cd! droolio

finti
my fav band of the Seattle wave

ElectricBugaloo
i preferred Pearl Jam

Vampy
I have 'Louder than Love' and I ADORE it.

It reminds me so much of AC/DC, dunno why stick out tongue Great style, great guitar.

Samurai Guy
Superunknown was a terrific album. I love Chris Cornell... I hate, nay, LOATH, Audioslave. Why, Chris, why?

pennyroyal
Iv only ever heard superunknown ... but i liked it .... and i dislike audioslave .... alot

el_barto
Soundgarden rocks, but I dont like to compare them to nirvana since I grew up with both erm

Turbo-Cajun
ehh... I kind of liked audioslave. Not as good as soundgarden or RATM, but still i kind of like some of it.

Deathblow
Soundgarden/Alice In Chains/Mudhoney/Pearl Jam were all much better than Nirvana.

Audioslave are so boring, which has amazed and disappointed me from the start because on paper they're one of the best super-groups in history.

Samurai Guy
I have to agree with almost your ENTIRE statement. Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, and Alice in Chains are much better then Nirvana. I dont know about Mudhoney.

Audioslave are so boring. Especially when my friend was asking me to learn some of their songs to play a show. roll eyes (sarcastic) Took me about 45 mins to learn the entire CD.

On paper, you would assume that they would be awesome. Cornell is FANTASTIC, and the remains of RATM are musically talented to the point of overflowing... but ... sick

cauteriZed
well i really love soundgarden.so much so ive bought nearly all of their albums which is unheard of for me,usually i get people to make up mini disks for me or borrow and copy their cds big grin
anyhoo
i think audioslave are amazing and i want to have chris cornells babies

Samurai Guy
Reminds me of an ex-girlfriend.

artificialbean
SPOONMAN! quality! Happy Dance

Samurai Guy
Good tune.

Deathblow
Mudhoney are certainly better than Nirvana IMO, and they more than any of the others were the band who Nirvana really 'ripped off'.

As much as I hate to lay the blame at the feet of such a great man, they say the singer makes the band, and with Zack as the frontman, Tom Brad & Tim where very exciting, but with Cornell, they've lost the edge, anger and urgency that made them so exciting in the first place. I think they're just mismatched.

Samurai Guy
Tom, Brad, and Tim got so used to having a distinct noise to them. They were the Renegade, Policital rock of our time. And now that Zack left, there is nothing left of them.

Like you said, mismatched.

cauteriZed
how do you know that im not........?(im not by the way)

Samurai Guy
I am smart, that is how.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.