uzumaki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dean7879
anyone saw this?

its quite good...original and has some pretty freaky scenes

but i got bored after a while..the film is just too goddamn wierd!

Lord_Andres
Bah japanese probobly, hate japanse horror

Dario Argento
How can you hat japanese horror? I guess you just havn't seen the right ones.

Lord_Andres
May be the case, but really do you know any japanse horror movies that are as good as lets say, Texas Chainsaw, The Thing, Nightmare On Elm Street, Hellraiser, The Omen, or what about the howling? I doubt that there are any, and one last thing, I hate reading the subtitles all the time, now if they where to speak english it would appeal to me alot better

Dario Argento
I don't care if I have to read subtitles, I'm used to it.

Of course its hard to match up The Shining and TCM. But there are some awesome and pretty inovative flicks from Japan. You should check out Takashi Miike's movies. But also smaller flicks like "Versus" and "Alive" are worth checking out.

Lord_Andres
alright i'l check them out if they come at an exepteble price

Dario Argento
Have a look on this trailer:

http://218.38.19.146/mailling/monst...img/monster.wmv

Dario Argento
It doesn't seem like the link works. Anyway it does on this site.

http://www.anchorbay.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4611&highlight=takashi+miike

Lord_Andres
You know I'l give that one a shot, sry for my quick judgement on the japanese horror

Dario Argento
Did you see the trailer?

Lord_Andres
yup! quite cool if you ask me

Dario Argento
yeah. It looks like a beautiful nightmare.

MildPossession
Oo you mentioned Versus, just watched that again today, love it near the end of the movie with the two males samurai sword fighting.

Shaolin Monk
I ordered Versus and Azumi a few weeks ago, just got them in the mail yesterday. Gonna watch Versus sometime this week, can't wait.

Anyways. Uzumaki was weird, yes, but I still had a good time watching it.

Nothin wrong with subtitles or japanese horror movies smile Most of the good movies I have seen have had subtitles, especially because a good 75% of my DVD's/VHS collection is kung fu/martial arts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.