Invisible Woman = Jean Grey

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Krissy Von Doom
Let's say we're a bystander in Marvel Earth, would it appear that these Sue Storm and Jean Grey had the same powers (with the exception of Sue making herself invisible)? Example, if Sue wanted to lift a box off the ground, she'd create some kind of invisible platform under the box to lift it, regular people would see the box levitating because the platform is invisble. If Jean Grey wanted to lift the same box off the ground, she'd use her telekinesis to actually lift the box, people would see the exact same thing.

Just a question.

Swanky-Tuna
Jean could probably make you think she was invisible. But I guess it would look like that to us, if we didn't know who they were already. There's a bunch of characters like that.

wrathofachilles
Yeah I've always thought their powers looked similar, as Sue's power was only illustrated with a dotted bubble or something. Who would win though is my question: can Sue use an invisible force field against mental attacks? If so, her, if not, Jean.

Wynndar
IW force field can block just about anything, and mental attacks r nothing, she has fought psi-lord to a standstill...Jean would be no different....Sue has more experience and fought a more impressive list, she is also a better leader and strategist...I think she would simply overload Jean...I am refering to regular Jean Grey, no dark Phoenix stuff

Tron
Yeah, she would probably push Jean to that point until the Phoenix Force was unleashed, then she's screwed.

Krissy Von Doom
Telekinetic force isn't exactly "tangible" so I'm not sure if an invisible forcefield can block it. I know Dazzler's light bolts got through Sue's forcefields.

Maelstrom
Invisible Women and Jean Grey fought when Jean was found in a coccon at the bottom of the ocean. Sue incased Jean in a force field that her telekenitics couldn't effect. However, at the time of Jean's return she was only a t.k. and didn't have access to her telepathy.
Like Prof. X recently said, "I could just shut off their minds." He would rather let life live than resort to overpowering an opponent.
raver

Wynndar
Sue's field blocks telepathy, she has demonstrated this against Psi-Lord...the only telepath able to get through is Galactus...yes Galactus is a telepath, and on a whole different order than an earthly x-woman....She doesnt seem to have problems with telepaths..or TK...her power comes from Hyperspace and is totally different

Spiderninja008
Invisy woman hands down, her tk is super duper strong, she may be the strongest FF member mind you.

Krissy Von Doom
I think she IS the most powerful FF member

wrathofachilles
Yeah, but that's not saying much.

Beyonder
...would kill Thor in a bloodlust fight. Now that's saying much. devil

psy_blade
Psylocke used her tk to make herself invisible.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Krissy Von Doom
I think she IS the most powerful FF member Who doesn't?

Rutog98
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Who doesn't?

Sue vs. Jean is a 50/50. I don't think Sue's field can block telepathy, but it can definately block telekinesis. It comes down to who can get off the first attack. Sue's powers are considerably stronger than Jean's TK. If she starts using her force-field powers against Jean, Jean will have to use all of her concentration in a losing battle to try and resist Sue's powers. However, if Jean manages to get Sue under TP attack first, Jean can win as Sue has no real defense against this. Sue is no high order telepath like Emma Frost or Xavier nor does she have the willpower of Storm or Magneto.

Its a 50/50 depending on the circumstances.

Darth Martin
I was just stating that Invisable Woman is easily the most powerful member of the Fantastic Four.

Oh and Sue's willpower is pretty high.

id369
I thought Reed and Sue vs. Jean and Scott would be a good match.

Darth Martin
Cyclops would beat Reed. Invisable Woman would probably get Jean too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.