It's Bacon!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BadKitty
Francis Bacon that is!
he is a self taught english painter,was highly influenced by Pablo Picasso and Surrealism.

the paintings include images of either friends or lovers, or images of people found in movie stills, reproductions of historic paintings and medical photos.

His people scream in physical and psychic pain, seemingly tortured in bedrooms, bathrooms and cages. His work was always expressionist in style with distorted human and animal forms, potent images of corrupt and disgusting humanity.

* I was going to put these up through a image host...but another gallery I created got ruined by one of the host being shut down effectivly ruining the thread*

~enjoy!

BadKitty
Painting

BadKitty
Head VI

BadKitty
Study for Crouching Nude

BadKitty
Study After Velazquez's Portrait of Pope Innocent X

BadKitty
Man with Dog

BadKitty
Self-Portrait

BadKitty
Second Version of Triptych 1

BadKitty
Second Version of Triptych 2

BadKitty
Second Version of Triptych 3

BadKitty
Three Studies for a Crucifixion 1

BadKitty
Three Studies for a Crucifixion 2

BadKitty
Three Studies for a Crucifixion 3

BadKitty
Study for a Portrait of John Edwards

BadKitty
Three Figures, One with Shotgun

BadKitty
Carcase of Meat and Bird of Prey

BadKitty
Triptych 1983 Version 1

BadKitty
Triptych 1983 Version 2

BadKitty
Triptych 1983 Version 3

BadKitty
Three Figures and a Portrait

BadKitty
Second Version of
"Painting 1946" done in 1971

BadKitty
Study After Velazquez the II

BadKitty
Portrait of George Dyer in a Mirror

BadKitty
Three Studies of Muriel Belcher 1

BadKitty
Three Studies of Muriel Belcher 2

BadKitty
Three Studies of Muriel Belcher 3

D-Double
Wow. I really like the neck and head portraits. It's like 3D Picasso. The one with the pope is interesting too. It has a frantic quality but the popes emotions seem almost muted.

BadKitty
yay! I am glad you like the bacon pics! happy I was starting to feel very alone

his work is creepy like jacobs ladder..I think i'm drawn to nightmarish images,they haunt me.

heres a bit of weird and useless trivia
in the first batman,where the joker and his gang were destroying all the art in the museum,the painting the joker stops one of his goons from destroying was bacon's..I kinda got a kick of that happy

D-Double
^I remember that.
"I kinda like this one, Bob. Leave it alone."
Man, you know your art is twisted when the Joker likes it. Bacon must have been proud.

"Never rub another man's rhubarb."
-Joker

BadKitty
laughing out loud that is so true! rolling on floor laughing

m!$hA
i thought you meant bacon bacon, not this bacon cry but not acctual bacon. just bacon. mr bacon droolio

but still, nice droolio

Mr Zero

BadKitty
excellent story mr z! his work made me read in to it and try to figure it out and like you said it make me feel more that most paintings I had ever seen.

I lead me to find more disturbing art like Joel-Peter Witkin,who's work I'd love to post here but would get banned for life if I did...nightmarish imagery .

Bacon's popes are some of his most frightening and my favorite works. I can only imagine your expression when you seen it for the first time. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.