Battle Angel Alita Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheFilmProphet
Kishiro on the Battle Angel Alita Movie
Source: Moviefans.de
October 4, 2004

Battle Angel Alita (aka "GUNNM"wink writer Yukito Kishiro has confirmed on his official website that "Titanic" and "Terminator 2: Judgment Day" helmer James Cameron is attached to direct the big screen adaptation.

I made an agreement about film adaptation of "GUNNM" with the
movie director James Cameron. I can't tell you in detail I have the
confidentiality agreement. It is yet to be determined by him when start making it and released on. An official announcement will be made after a decision of starting time. Often they will give up movie projects or make it for more than a decade, you could guess that the GUNNM movie will get put together as well as I could. Please pray for quick and complete making the amazing movie, and warmly watch and wait in the long term.

You can learn about the character, the story, and view pictures here http://jajatom.moo.jp/E-top/Egunnm/Egunnm%20top.html

SaTsuJiN
Nice.. it was an awesome anime movie.. hope they do it right

TheFilmProphet
If James Cameron is directing it then it must be great.

TheFilmProphet
James Cameron Confirms Battle Angel Alita
Source: Steward
November 20, 2004

"Titanic" and "Terminator 2: Judgment Day" director James Cameron has confirmed to NPR that he will next helm the big screen adaptation of Yukito Kishiro's anime comic Battle Angel Alita.

"We're in pre-production right now on a project called 'Battle Angel' which is something I've been working on for several years and we're just, we're finishing up the shooting draft right now. We've been designing, it's a big science fiction film and a couple things that will be interesting about this project," he says in the interview.

Cameron added that "the main character, even though it's a live action film, the main character will be done with CG animation and the second thing that's interesting is we're going to be shooting it in 3D using the stereo imagining system that we've been developing for the documentaries."

You can learn more about the character at Kishiro's official website here http://jajatom.moo.jp/E-top/Egunnm/Egunnm%20top.html

SaTsuJiN
"the main character will be done with CG animation" ??
so everyone else is going to be real.. -_-.. that most likely wont mix well.. but I understand why they'd want to do that since Galley is a robot, I just hope they use a live actor and mix it with GC animation like how spielberg did A.I.

I wish someone would do a live-action take on fatal fury : the motion picture, thats another one of my faves smile

TheFilmProphet
Well I have faith in James Cameron so hopefully it will all mix in perfectly. Although I am surprised he has chosen this film for his next project after such a long hiatus from the film industry.

TheFilmProphet
James Cameron on Battle Angel!
Source: ComingSoon.net
January, 2005

ComingSoon.net has up a new interview with "Titanic" director James Cameron talking about his next project, the big screen adapation of Yukito Kishiro's anime comic Battle Angel Alita. He talks about the how the film will be in 3D and a mix between live-action and CG. He says the movie is expected to be released in digital theaters in 2007.

Hit the link below for the full interview!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=7877

lau_timmy
Finally James Cameron is going to direct another movie.

SaTsuJiN
I think they should choose a real life actress for galley.. how about alyssa milano?

http://www.alyssa-milano.de/gall_offi_2/ajmogz16.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/fogira_four/gally024.jpg

TheFilmProphet
I know its been so long, although honestly I think there was plenty of other films he could have went for instead. Anyway the film still looks like it could be very good once completed.

lau_timmy
Annoying thing is he hadn't directed a film in near 7 years (correct me if I'm wrong). Okay, he's directed some of the most sucessful films ever so I guess he's earned a break. He made so much money from Titanic that he stopped directing. I hope this film goes well.

TheFilmProphet
True, most of his recent films have been documentary styled. Hopefully the upcoming Battle Angel film will begin a new run for him in the industry and bring us back to the good ol' days, or at least the closest we will ever get to it.

lau_timmy
Well I am glad he is directing this movie rather then Terminator 4.

TheFilmProphet
True

*Disappointed the thread was moved*

lau_timmy
I think it's a pretty wise choice to choose Cameron. He is an expert in science fiction movies and he can make them really believable.

TheFilmProphet
I completely agree with you on that.

TheFilmProphet
Cameron Developing Battle Angel Game
Source: GameSpot
March 9, 2005

GameSpot reports that James Cameron attended Microsoft's keynote at the Game Developers Conference today and talked about developing a game for his next movie, Battle Angel. Here's a clip:

First, he told of his plans for an Enter the Matrix-like crossover game based on his next movie. "In my next film, I can only tell you what we're planning on doing which is simultaneous developing a major motion picture and hopefully a major game title that co-exists in the same world, that share characters." He continued, "Going into that world will actually inform those watching the film and vice-versa. I don't want to say anything more than that because I don't want to give away some of the cool stuff that we're working on."

You can read more about Battle Angel at ComingSoon.net

advisor
Josh Lucas could be the cybernetic doctor, Ido...

Black Adam
This is going to be stuck in limbo forever sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.