The current Heavyweight boxing scene

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MG-Tyson
Hello everybody!! I hope you feel really fine! smile

Anybody who would like to talk about the current boxers in the Heavyweight division - like Toney, Tyson, the Klitschkos, Rahman, Ruiz, and so on??

Turbo-Cajun
I don't watch alot of boxing... sometimes I see some light or middleweight fights on cable and I watch it if its on, but yeah I can't really follow it. I used to do some amature boxing, sparred and stuff alot... its a good sport.

wuTa
The current heavyweight boxing scene is a joke

Shaolin Monk
Exactly. My family is big on boxing, UFC, and Pride Fighting. We haven't missed a pay-per-view in years. We had a bunch of ppl over for the Trinidad/Mayorga fight on Saturday..it was awesome..

but yeah, the Heavyweights are all a joke. Joe Mesi is sposed to be the "up-and-coming next big thing"...but I dont think he will be...Vladimir Klitschkos is horrific...when he lost to Lamon Brewster I was laughing so hard. He needs to quit! Vitali isn't a good boxer, but he's probably the best right now. James Toney is garbage. Holyfield is washed up. John Ruiz fights dirty, and whines. Chris Byrd is crap. Golota is a dirty fighter. Hasim Rahman could have been good if he didn't get such a big head after he beat Lennox Lewis in Africa.

Still, on November 13th we will get the "night of heavyweights" on pay-per-view.

The Fight Card:

Rhaman VS. Meehan
Holyfield VS. Donald
Byrd VS. McCline
Ruiz VS. Golota

There hasn't been many heavyweight fights lately, and all of a sudden 8 crappy boxers decide to fight each other.

Darth Vicious
The Trinidad/Mayorga fight was awsome, the best fight ive seen this year, Tito is back with a vengeance, i cant wait for the Trinidad/Hopkins rematch it should be awsome as far as the heavyweights u guys r right, its a joke right now.

MG-Tyson
Thanks for your responses!

Joe Mesi is probably going to announce his retirement soon - it was said that he got a very serious brain damage in his fight with the former Cruiserweight Champion Vassily Jirov.

Vitali Klitschko appears to be a good fighter, but only because he fought opponents when they were weak: Lennox Lewis was an excellent fighter, but out of shape and absolutely unfocused as he faced Vitali. Even in this shape he hurt him seriously - these cuts were scary.
Kirk Johnson was "fat" and had only a week to train for this fight. He mentioned that he did not eat anything two days before the weigh-in took place because he did not want his weight to be even higher.
Corrie Sanders almost floored Klitschko in the first round, but at this age and condition . . .
I am excited about his fight against Danny Williams December 11th.
In my view there are many fighters who can beat Vitali: Hasim Rahman (if he is really focused), Lance Whitaker (even taller than Vitali), John Ruiz (would tire Klitschko a lot and finish him late), Lamon Brewster (has an excellent chin and head movement), Shannon Briggs (probably too strong), and others.

Unfortunately Mike Tyson is already 38 years old. As he was twenty, he really seemed unstoppable!

I haven't seen Mayorge-Trinidad, but I heard a lot about this "great fight".

Joker1237
Oh I wish JAck Dempsey, Joe Louis and Rocky MArciano would still a round to clean up this sorry bunch of heavyweights.

I would put Ali, but he might not ko them in fashion that these 3 big bangers woud do.

MG-Tyson
Just imagine a young George Foreman or David Tua were still around ...

Shaolin Monk
Well, tonights the night of Heavyweight boxing...4 fights...hopefully it won't be TOO awful

Vitali Klitschko VS Danny Williams on December 11th for the WBC belt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.