Non Humanoid Jedi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mortanius
A long time ago I heard of a rumor that Lucas envisioned some Jedi that weren't humanoid. Some of these aliens had tentacles or didn't have limbs. They used the force to wield their light saber weapons.

I'm pretty sure we won't see anything like this in ROTS, but it would be cool.

Sith Master X
Yeah, plus we've already gotten a look at some non-human Jedi in AOTC. smile But they all had limbs.

§pearhead
non humanOID, not non-human stick out tongue

that'd be cool too see big grin

captainmidnight
laughing out loud

Morgoths_Wrath
My life will not be complete until I see a Hutt Jedi

captainmidnight
a wookie jedi would be cool too

Master Kadub
I thought we had Alien Jedi already..... confused
A wookiee Jedi would be cool though...
And I dont want to even think about a Hutt Jedi....

mephistodesigns
non-humanoid does not mean simply alien. Humanoid is anything human looking, including wookiees. If you have two legs and two arms you're fairly humanoid. even a hutt is humanoid. He said NON humanoid. He's talking about things that look more like a jello mold. or a squid. something extremely animal, that doesn't walk upright neccissarily. And yes that would be cool, the closest I've seen is in the tales of the jedi comics, they had the wolflike jedi master that was huge. I wish they'd do something like that in the films. Really wow people with some serious divesity of species.

Mortanius
Thank you! Finally someone that understands where I was coming from.

Master Kadub
We should take a look the Jedi council from TPM.....

mephistodesigns
why?? they all had two legs and two arms and a head, which is humanoid. so why would we look at them in a thread about NON HUMANOID JEDI?

.::Levi@than::.
What 'bout Oppo Rancis? He has tentacles if I remember correctly...

Cipher
Mortanius makes a good point, Lucas should've put in some really odd-looking Jedi (even non-Jedi). Why not? Isn't that what the CG is for? To make things that couldn't be done before?

mephistodesigns
Oppo Rancis is a humanoid lifeform. Like I said before, Jabba is humanoid. Both of these characters have a generally human like form. Now, if say... a large wolf like thing was actually a jedi, and communicated through the force with other Jedi, that would be non-humanoid. Or if some gelatinous blob was a jedi, and used the force to communicate with others and to wield a lightsaber, that would be non-humanoid. If there was a huge bat like creature (not like man-bat from batman) but a huge @$$ bat, that would be non-humanoid. All the jedi people are pointing out have animalistic qualities, but they've been added/combined with the general human form. Hense the term Humanoid. I can't believe so many people don't understand humanoid vs non humanoid. Hasn't anyone here taken Biology? Anthropology?

Here: and in-universe look at what could be a non-humanoid jedi:
Dewbacks, Bantha's, Ronto's, Kaadu's and anything else in that range. Now, these creatures don't appear to be much smarter than horses or cows, but, ILM could design NEW creatures that would be highly intelligent, but evolved to being large or small animals because that's what their planet demanded of them in order to survive. So they'd be smart (or smarter) than the average HUMANOID, but they wouldn't have human like qualities, they'd be animalistic, which would be NON-HUMANOID. Everybody with me now? Or does Mr. Wizard need to do another demo?

captainmidnight
BUZZKILL

ProfessorPajama
I know that this thread is old, but I just wanted to say that everything you are talking about exists. There was a Hutt Jedi named Beldorion that enslaved a planet and used his force powers to maintain a buff physique (He turned to the dark side) And there was a Wookiee jedi named Tyvokka that rubbed elbows with the pre-dark side Count Dooku and Qui-Gon-Jinn. And the the main point, the non-humanoid jedi... There was one by the name of Ooroo, he was a Celegian and breathed cyanogen, toxic to other life forms. He wielded his lightsaber with the force and when he visited highly oxygenated planets he had to be in a kind of portable tank so he could survive. He was not humanoid by any means. When order 66 was executed he fought bravely to defend the citizens of a planet and his apprentice/padawan. To save as many as he could he shattered his tank and sent cyanogen (the poisonous gas) into the lungs of Messassi warriors. He sacrificed himself and is one of my favorite jedi masters.

focus4chumps
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=6

KingD19
Wookiee's are humanoid.

Lord Lucien
Wookiee's are scum. We don't need their kind.

KingD19
Someone's showing their "Grand Moff"

Lord Lucien
Captain, actually.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.