Night of the Living Dead remake vs. Dawn of the Dead remake.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Johnlindsey289
Which remake of a George Romero zombie classic do you think is better? 1990's Night of the Living Dead remake or 2004's Dawn of the Dead? Is there a connection between both movies?

And anyone noticed that the zombies in DOTD 04 we're kind of inspired by the running zombies in " Lifeforce", " Nightmare City ( a.k.a. City of the Walking Dead)" and " Return of the Living Dead"?

Jennifer_Tilly
Dawn of the Dead

dean7879
night of the living dead...it stays true to the original

Zilverz
2004 Dawn of the Dead wasnt a remake. Survivors seeking refuge in a mall is the only similarity

altho Dawn of the Dead 2004 was an awesome movie a though
-baby scene

The 1990 remake of night of the living dead is also an awesome movie ... i couldnt chose between the two

Running zombies or not .. its not really a big deal to me if that is a trend so be it. Ive always said, slow moving zombies can be just as effective killing machines you just have to increase there numbers

Evil Dead
Night of the Living Dead '90.

Better acting.......and stayed true to the original....not just in plot but also in social commentary.

dean7879
2004 dotd is a remake though...it doesnt have to be a carbon copy to be classed as a remake

zombieman
Its Night of the Living Dead for me, Tom Savini knows his stuff when it come to zombie movies. It was very true to the original unlike Dawn, which was still good in its own way.

Zilverz
I agree that remakes does not have to be a carbon copy. but the ONLY thing 2004 DOTD had was the Mall ... thats it.. It was an obvious marketing tactic to generate more revenue.

Day of the Dead: Continum is even more of an extreme case. It has absolutely nothing that ties it to Day of the Dead

zombieman
Originally posted by Zilverz
but the ONLY thing 2004 DOTD had was the Mall ... thats it..

Thats not entirely true, the concept of there being "no more room in hell" appears in both as the explanation for the dead rising. Also, there are certain scenes in the remake which are loosely based on scenes from the original. And finally, some of the characters bare slight resemblences to the original cast.

BackFire
NOTLD remake was awesome. DOTD remake was just good.

SlipknoT
DOTD remake for me. I love that movie. Almost more than the original.

MetalTongue
All zombie movies are very cool.But I think that The remake of Dawn Of The Dead was very awesome and great action.5 Thumbs Up

MetalTongue
Dawn Of The Dead (Remake).I think that the whole movie was very wonderful and plus I think my favorite part in that movie was when the girl was giving birth to the zombie baby.But I felt bad for Andy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.