My day = weirder than yours

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ElectricBugaloo
This deserves it's own thread:

Today for the first time since I returned to college this year, I didn't wake up on a weekday to go to breakfast. I slept in a whole extra hour--and then I posted on message boards til 11:30, went to lunch, then came back. I watched soccer and called the girl that i'm obsessed with to inform her that soccer was on. At 2:00 it started raining a little. Then it got harder. I went outside to watch. Hey, we live in a desert, rain is exciting.

Then it started to rain even HARDER. It was pouring, and my friend and I started running around in the rain shirtless. Then it started hailing. So we were running around shirtless in the hail; it was still pouring like someone was pouring buckets of water on us. Then a big "CLUNK" and a hailball the size of a golf ball came down. We got back under the balcony. We'd run back out and get a big one if we saw it, risking getting knocked out to find a big hail stone. But then it started raining down hail stones larger than golf balls. We stayed retreated.

The cars outside our dorms were being pelted and dented. Then the hail started to break windows. We didn't notice at first, because we could only see the windshields of most cars and those looked fine through the rain (even though they were only about 30 feet away, it was pouring that hard that we couldn't see it clearly). Then we saw a car that was backed into its spot with a broken rear window. On TV it said there was a tornado warning, so I called the girl again to see if she was all right because she is deathly afraid of tornadoes. She was hysterical. It stopped hailing, and I went over to her dorm to see if she was all right.

She was, and we started to walk around and take pictures. I didn't notice all the car windows busted out on the way to her dorm (I was running and talking on the phone while trying to avoid twisting my ankle on all the branches that were stripped from the trees and holding my pants up because i didn't have a belt). Then I noticed that almost every car had a broken window (hers didn't, but it was dented to hell). So when I got to my car, I found that my back window was no longer there, and my windshield looked like someone decided to use it as target practice for golf. One of my side mirrors was no longer there. The hail came down and went through my speakers to my trunk.

And I only have liability insurance.

To be continued...

ElectricBugaloo
But for some reason, I didn't care. 90% of the people at the school were in the same boat; almost no one has full coverage, and those that do usually have good cars. **** those people. So we just walked around and compared scars to our cars. Mine was slightly worse than average; most SUVs and trucks had no broken windows and just many dents. I left her back at her dorm and called my parents.

Neither answered their phones, so I left messages on their phones and my brothers. I put plastic on the back of my car just in case it rained (don't want to get all that broken glass wet!). Actually, I just put cut up garbage bags, but that's good enough.

Then I walked around campus; broken windows, broken roof tiles, trees with their bark stripped off. The golf course is practically unplayable because each of the fist-sized hail stones created divots. Dead birds littered the campus, and they had to bring the snowplows to clear branches out of hte way on the street that has lots of trees. Autumn came early this year and happened in about half an hour. And it was actually pretty cold; I guess all that ice will do that.

Oh yeah, we had no power for a while too. That didn't help things. So everyone was outside trying to salvage their cars and discussing their car's injuries. Tow companies and glass shops in town thanked God for this act. But for some reason, the day was really fun.

Then I played poker and lost. The end.

Aqua
um thats not as weird as my life no expression
and ive had worse then that no expression

ElectricBugaloo
but was today (or yesterday, whatever) weirder than that?

Aqua
yep raver

Prodigy
That's kinda cool, in a sad-ish way.

sickley in lurv
Poor buger :P

trouble
haha im glad i dont get that shitty weather

m!$hA
i cant be bothered reading it cry

trouble
its basically about shitty weather

m!$hA
*shudders* i HATE cold weather mad

it was cold right??

ElectricBugaloo
yeah. hail is cold. and we're in freakin New Mexico! It shouldn't do that here!

ladygrim
no expression we never get hail like that we get sh!tty ones like grains of bloody rice

ElectricBugaloo
yeah, you don't want this type of hail. trust me.

MonkeyNipples
i think my dad yesturday was the best.

first i came hiome from school and i was really glad so i took some spray paint and randomly painted some wood then i got bored after a while and lit the piece of wood on fire. the wood was an amazing green color. then i threw the wood(still on fire ) at my friend he got burnt but not badly.then the fire hit the grass and went out. that was my day.oh and i ate cause u kn eating is the best

ladygrim
i bumped into an old friend yesterday or was that the day b4 ...... well icant rember

MonkeyNipples
cool

ElectricBugaloo
i think the only thing that didn't happen to people's cars yesterday was that they didn't explode.

there were tow trucks non-stop til like midnight

ladygrim
now that would have completed the day of...some exploding cars .. kewl ..

ElectricBugaloo
my phone has stoped working, so that's not good

Mr Zero
Cool story well told. Hope things pan out with the girl. (Im a sucker for a happy ending.)

ElectricBugaloo
my life is a Greek tragedy. it won't work out well.

ladygrim
like oedipus ... get ur eyes pecked out by birds

ElectricBugaloo
God doesn't hate me THAT much.

but it is like a Greek tragedy

ladygrim
lol.. like throwing golf ball sized hail at u

ElectricBugaloo
*larger than golf balls

Mr Zero
Oedipus blinded himself with Jocastas brooch. Not sure who you are thinking of? Not much fun either way I'm sure.

Darth Sauron
My day has to be the weirdest so far, i wore a bin bag coverent in glitter, pulles hankies out my sleeve and sang a song about renewable enrgy while pretending to be meatloaf yes

Oh it was good.

Mr Zero
hey "darth"!

ElectricBugaloo
pictures of the carnage

DanZeke25
Thats not wieder than my day.... Did u go to visit Mars and find out that they have Flying Pink Elephants there? Did you get to ride on one? Did you fall off and break ur leg? NO!

See told u mine was wieder.

Mr Zero
****!

ElectricBugaloo
...and when there you found some alternate spelling for "weird" that no english speaker on earth had ever heard of.

Clavis
eek!eek!eek!eek!

DanZeke25
oh yeah and that too... i forgot to mention it

ElectricBugaloo
i guess you did

silver_tears
Some freak on the street took my picture no expression

silver_tears
The guy in the red near your car is hot yes

ElectricBugaloo
it's not my car; i don't have any pics of mine yet.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/fatboyslimlp/Hail%20Storm/IMG_0236.jpg

PW: readonly

silver_tears
Oh well near the my honda car embarrasment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.