"The Producers" from the mind of mel brooks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SirIanRocks
I was wondering if anyone out there saw the orginal version of The Producers???

Drumdude1167
Mel Brooks told the Hollywood Reporter that his movie musical The Producers will begin filming in February at a new studio in Brooklyn because of a new tax credit designed to bring more movies to New York.

The Universal Pictures film stars Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick in the roles they played on Broadway; Nicole Kidman and Will Ferrell co-star.

While the movie is all about New York -- taking place in Central Park and elsewhere in Manhattan -- Brooks said that without the new state-supported tax credit, it couldn't have been filmed there.

It's scheduled for release at Christmas 2005.

Now honestally i would definatally see this movie, only because of nathan lane, matthew broderics, and becasue its from the brilliant mind of mel brooks

SirIanRocks
finally another person who likes the producers

Cinemaddiction
Mel Brooks could use a hit right about now.

Drumdude1167
most definatally

BadKitty
I seen the original and the play. the original is funny but the play blew it away,especially 'spring time for hitler'! I am so excited that mel is putting it to film..I looked all over after the play hoping it was filmed and for sale but no luck..I honestly can't wait ,it's going to be amazing!

Mr Zero
Are you saying the play is better than the zero mostel / gene wilder movie? Can you be serious?

Who was the cast when you saw it? I was tempted by the london version because I like richard dreyfus - but I dont anticipate it being better than the movie... sheesh...

BadKitty
I know that I was saying allot on my part..and believe me I consider gene wilder god..perhaps it would have been more appropriate to say that they were both great just different.

but honestly when I seen they play I literally had tears in my eyes and my ribs hurt from laughter...and the actors weren't even people I recognised (and can't remember there names of hand) and it was still remarkable..I believe you will surprised

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.