Why are these words censored?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blackhand
Can someone tell me why the words Pro-boards and In-vision-free (all without the dashes) censored to appear as

yerssot
to stop spamming

Blackhand
Well of course...but why are they censored for use in sigs?

yerssot
From the Forum Rules:

SPAM

You can, however, place links in your signature (excluding forums) as long as it is placed sensibly.

Blackhand
Gotcha thanks

Linkalicious
yah...i think that means what your sig is doing.....IS CALLED SPAM!

BackFire
I want to know why T1ts is sensored. (when spelled correctly of course)

lil bitchiness
Because its offencive??

BackFire
Dick and Cock aren't censored, they're no better. (And please don't sensore these)

BackFire
Besides, I thought we were supposed to have a PG-13 rule here, the word t1ts can be seen in numerous PG-13 movies, it's not an offensive word. I can't see how anyone can be offended by that.

Darth Sauron
well, if sombody was to post

'get your **** out'

It might be seen as vulgar

yerssot
perhaps possibly because Dick is also a first name ? (the Dick Van Dyck show)
and that Cock is a name overhere? (a police series where the inspector introduces himself as "My name is the Cock with C - O - C - K... or a defender on the right flank for Club Bruge : De Cock)

BackFire
Boobs is still allowed, that means the same thing.

lil bitchiness
Indeed.

Besides, someone must have posted something about it that was vulgar, therefore Raz senored it.

It kind of says a lot about people who cant converse with out using vulgarity and swearing.

I dont see the need to make any sensored words unsensored. Its just gonna lead to more insults, but its gonna be more visible.

BackFire
You can still insult people without using swear words, the message is still the same, just people are trivial about the package in which said message is delivered. Shallow shallow people.

Raz
As said to avoid spam.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.