Deleted Magic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morridini
I just found this video clip with some deleted scenes from the OT's, and thought they might be interesting for some of u.
Right click and save target as.

Star Wars Deleted Magic trailer: http://orangecow.org/videos/swdeletedmagictrailer.mov

Here are the deleted scenes fitted into ANH:
Part 1: http://www.orangecow.org/videos/deletedmagictantiveIV1.mov
Part 2: http://orangecow.org/videos/deletedmagicpart2.mov
Part 3: http://orangecow.org/videos/deletedmagicpart3.mov

jedijunky1138
Dude that freaking ROCKS!!!!!!!! THANKS!

waynerobsonuk
Top stuff , thanks.

Wayne...

cal31
Sweet, now all we need is the full deleted scene of 3PO ripping off the sticker from the door in ESB

Morridini
I think someone said it before, but why did 3PO rip the sticker off?

cal31
On the pics section on the bonus disc for the DVDs, they had the picture of 3po ripping off the sticker and the caption said that behind the door was a room full of live wampas and that the sticker was a warning sticker, so 3PO was ripping it off to make it look like a normal room in the hopes of having the stormtroopers go in there. I think that would've been hilarious to have had in the film.

cal31
I took caps of the scene

cal31
and here

Morridini
Um, what pictures?

Do u think this is how the final versions of ANH should be? Exept the THE in the star wars logo. I wouldn't mind see the scenes with Biggs, it gives Biggs so much more character.

Xam
thanks buddy thats nice!

queeq
They suck really.... The acting's quite bad. It's on the Behind The MAgic CD ROM.

Morridini
But still. It makes Biggs' death more important. The first time I saw ANH I didn't even notice that it was Biggs who died.

cal31
Sorry, here's the pics, it says Queeq edited it so I don't know what happened.

cal31
And here

zurrix
Thanks for the links and clips! Ive been wanting to see the clip of han and leia kissing at bespin FOREVER...Good God why did they leave THAT out! I loved it! Han did act alittle weird though...and why was she playing hard to get?? PLEASE! lol

JKozzy
That's because you're not supposed to post them....

cal31
and why not? so it's ok to post Hyperspace pics and pics from the movies themselves, but if I post a pic of a deleted scene, it gets deleted. That makes perfect sense roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Morridini
That makes no sense.
Explain please.

JKozzy
The other images you refer to aren't hosted on KMC servers; when you attach them, they are, and that makes KMC liable to any lawsuit that could come from it. The images are from a copyrighted material not generally widespread, and for that, Queeq edited out the pictures, and probably will do so again, and explain the same thing I just did.

Morridini
Is it copyrighted?
Where does it say so?

queeq
It's all Lucasfilm owned. You can post them IN your reply, but not as an attachment. Forum rules, sorry.

mephistodesigns
it's implied by the fact that its the product of a large corporation that sues people for using their stuff without permission. Like when Dr. Dre got sued for using the THX noise at the beginning of Chronic 2001 after Lucas said no you can't do that.

queeq
Yup, Lucas owns it all.

mossman
Ahhh - Deleted Magic is the work of one Mr Garrett Gilchrist.
It is a feature length fan-made documentary about the deleted scenes of the SW movies.

There are 23 parts to the ANH documentary - I will upload them if anyone is interested in seeing them all (Garrett's own links are currently down due to bandwidth problems).

A further single documentary devoted to ESB and ROTJ (as there is far less available footage for those films) is planned and will definitely include the following:

- The Wampas attack Echo Base.
- Luke's bacta mask/Leia kiss. This whole part will be a comedic discussion of the Luke/Leia romance seen in the first two films.
- Han and Leia on Cloud City.
- The Sandstorm
- Luke and Ben (extended)
- Lapti Nek (extended)

smile

JKozzy
Please do smile

mossman
Part One

JKozzy
Rapidshare always acts funny on me after I get a large file, have to wait an hour to get more. Any chance of using maybe www.youshareit.com for the next parts? Not being picky, just saying that out of the interest for anyone else wanting to download immediately, that'd be the solution. They have unlimited downloads, too.

cal31
Thanks

mossman
Yeah, forgot about the download limit on Rapidshare.
I just prefer to use it because the links are more realiable and pretty permanent.
Here is Part Two on Rapidshare, but I will switch to Youshareit for the rest...

JKozzy
Thanks, will get it when I can. smile

You have requested 26183 KB in one hour. If you request a file and get a download-link, your download-counter is increased immediately.
This is neccessary in order to give you completely anonymous download-links without strong restrictions. We protect your privacy.
In order to finance this webspace, downloads are limited for free-users. This file exceeds your download-limit.
Please wait one hour. Or maybe you want to get a PREMIUM-Account, too? NO subscription! Instant access!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Looks good so far smile Thanks again, mossman!

mossman
Hmm...
Youshareit doesn't seem to be working for me.
Trying the dreaded Yousendit instead...

darthmonkey9206
Thanks, cant get part 2 though. Same reason as jkozzy.

mossman
Originally posted by darthmonkey9206
Thanks, cant get part 2 though. Same reason as jkozzy.

I'll try and upload part 2 again too.
It's taking forever with Yousendit, though.

Here's Part Three, though.

Might have to take a little break, but I'll keep putting 'em in here whenever I get the chance.

smile

JKozzy
Sweet, thanks again. How many parts are there in total?

stefaan
Could someone post #1 again it doesn't work for me.

JKozzy
Did you got to the bottom, hit the "Free" button, and then wait 60 seconds for the download?

Jango_Fett_A
could someone please post the third onr again? Thanks if you can

Jango_Fett_A
Originally posted by Jango_Fett_A
could someone please post the third one again? Thanks if you can

JKozzy
Wow, uh, someone's impatient rolleyes4

JKozzy
Part 3

kegs202
Waiting for part 4 now...You're doing a fine job.

Jango_Fett_A
Thanks JKozzy big grin

mossman
Originally posted by kegs202
Waiting for part 4 now...You're doing a fine job.

Still at work at the moment.
Will get back to it tonight when I get home (that's tonight in the UK).

smile

mossman
Deleted Magic Part 4

This one's on Rapidshare, the rest will be on Yousendit so it may take a while to get them uploaded...

mossman
Part Five

JKozzy
http://s20.yousendit.com/dmanagers.aspx

Very helpful thing if you get part of a download, but not all of it, and a new mirror is put up wink

mossman
Part six

Jango_Fett_A
awesome... just awesome, thanks mossman big grin

Jango_Fett_A
alright, i'mready for part seven, this stuff has been good so far, keep up the great work

mossman
Part Seven

kegs202
Mossman...You are the...Bossman

Jango_Fett_A
alright, that was great, keep em' coming big grin

Sadako of Girth
Any chance of a repeat of 4...?
It was a deleted link when I got to it..... sad

DeVi| D0do
Yes, can we get 4 again please? And 2 if possible?

Thanks.

EDIT: ok, nevermind about 2, it's working now... it wasn't before.

Obi-OneManShow
This is great stuff guys, great! The kind of stuff you'd like to see released on the official DVD's... I've enjoyed parts 2->7, however when I download #1 and try to unzip it, I get an error message. Was this part zipped using another program or something? I'm using a mac, might have something to do with it, however all the other parts worked fine with me...

Keep 'm coming!!

mossman
Originally posted by Obi-OneManShow
when I download #1 and try to unzip it, I get an error message. Was this part zipped using another program or something?

Hmm, it should work - it was the zipped folder that I downloaded direct from Garrett Gilchrist's (the original author of Deleted Magic) site while the links were still active earlier this year.
I'll try to upload it again later, but part 8 is on it's way at the moment...

(There are 23 parts in total)

smile

Dart Saber
Part 2 please?

Obi-OneManShow
Thanx Mossman... a valuable ally, you are...

Can't wait for the next parts... it would be great if you re-uploaded part 1 yeah (preferably unzipped or rezipped, since the original one is giving me sh**) no rush however... take your time!

mossman
Part 8

One and two on their way...

mossman
Part One
(unzipped)

Obi-OneManShow
Thanks a bunch Mossman!!!!

http://img114.echo.cx/img114/4307/rigbyava2js.gif

DeVi| D0do
Thanks heaps Mossman!

When was this stuff first released? And why have I not heard about it 'till now?

mossman
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Thanks heaps Mossman!

When was this stuff first released? And why have I not heard about it 'till now?

Deleted Magic itself has been an ongoing project for some time and the individual "parts" uploaded on T-Bone's website for a while last year (until the bandwidth caved in).
Eventually a DVD-quality full-length version will be made available on the net.

If you are asking where the actual content came from - I would imagine that the documentary was culled from a number of sources which have been around for years.
Primarily, I'd guess these were:

The Making of Star Wars: hour-long documantary released shortly after the movie itself, it contained lots of behind the scenes footage.
From Star Wars to Jedi - the Making of a Saga: another hour-long documentary from 1985 which was shown on TV frequently during the late-80s.
Both these docs were available on VHS.
Behind the Magic: a CD-ROM released by LucasArts in 1998 probably proved the most valuable source of footage for Deleted Magic though. It contained footage of lost scenes such as the original Cantina takes and the Luke/Biggs footage.
I believe that disc is still easily available here

There were also several unused scenes from ANH recycled for the Star Wars Holiday Special - the 1978 TV show which has since been disowned by Lucas, who said, if he had a hammer, he would personally "smash every copy" of the SWHS which is out there.
The SWHS is quite easy to find of P2P networks and ebay - the quality is usually awful.

I'm sure the VH1 documentary and various other TV docs and trailers trailers came in handy too.

So basically, it's all been "out there" somewhere, pretty much since day one.
Kudos to the authors for putting all of this crap together though...

Jango_Fett_A
alright big grin thanks mossman, this is awesome! Keep up the great work

Obi-OneManShow
Not to rush you or anything Mossman, but... KEEP EM COMING! I think I've got myself a little addiction going on here... messed

mossman
Part nine

Obi-OneManShow
谢谢Mossman保持好工作*
http://img109.echo.cx/img109/6965/leiachinese0xg.jpg
(* Chinese for thank you very much Mossman, keep up the good work)

mossman
^^^LOL
Erm, cheers...

Part two again, was requested on the last page...

mossman
Part ten

LightSaber_Part
Thanks man cowboy

Obi-OneManShow
*couch cough* eleven? *cough!*

angel

cal31
You got a cold Obi-One? LOL

Obi-OneManShow
Nope, just got to ease up on smoking...

jon84
Awesome!, keep em' coming! eek!

mossman
Been a lttle busy guys - will try an upload more sometime later today...

jon84
could ya reupload part three please, i can't get it to download on ''megaupload.''

mossman
Part eleven

Obi-OneManShow

Jango_Fett_A
Thank you Mossman, keep them coming big grin

Dart Saber
Originally posted by mossman
^^^LOL
Erm, cheers...

Part two again, was requested on the last page...

That was me.Thanks

mossman
Part twelve

pundarboris
mossman you rock

mossman
Part thirteen

Darth Zhin
Mossman Thank You a Lot!!!!! big grin

mossman
Part fourteen

mossman
Part fifteen

mossman
Part sixteen

Obi-OneManShow
Kalau semua harapan menghilang... Kalau waktu sangat menyedihkan... MOSSMAN sadar kembali kecuali hari! Makasih dan membiarkan mereka datang, teman bagus sekali saya!
http://img193.echo.cx/img193/7043/leiaindian7xn.jpg

mossman
Part seventeen

mossman
Part eighteen

Only five more to go...
Happy Dance

DeVi| D0do
I love you mossman!

DeVi| D0do
"You perceive its full power as little as a spoon perceives the taste of food."

Hahaha! laughing

Boy am I glad that didn't make the film! Haha

That deserves to go in here: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=345582

Obi-OneManShow

jon84
Many thanks mm!! eek!

mossman
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
"You perceive its full power as little as a spoon perceives the taste of food."

Hahaha! laughing

Boy am I glad that didn't make the film! Haha

It made it into the Marvel Comics adaptation though...

Jango_Fett_A
thank you sooo much!

mossman
Part

mossman
Part twenty

(and the previous post was nineteen stick out tongue)

Obi-OneManShow
Now listen here boys... I be talking about da big man Mossman... him be a mighty big player... him upload all the massive big parts for us homeys... hear me now, hear me now: praise be to mighty Mossman!! Can you dig it?
http://img231.echo.cx/img231/3201/leiajamacian7gf.jpg

mossman
LOL!

Part twenty one

Jango_Fett_A
alright Mossman!!! Great Job cool

kegs202
Your place is secured in the Jedi archives for this Mossman

mossman
Part twenty two

Last part tomorrow, guys and girls - then I may have a few other treats to share.

smile

Jango_Fett_A
more treats? I thought that this was awesome big grin keep it up mossman

mossman
Part twenty three

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Got a couple of other things to share - nothing anywhere near as spectacular as the Deleted Magic stuff, but something I thought other fans may be interested in seeing.
Perhaps not.
We'll see.
Keep your eyes peeled for a new thread...

kegs202
Well done mossman and thanks for taking the time to upload them all.

Cheers mate.

Jango_Fett_A
Thank you mossman cool

LightSaber_Part
Thanks mossman cowboy

aure
Hi here big grin (sorry for my english)

I just discovered that there were deleted scenes available (few months later) and i would love to have at least :

ESB:
3) Han and Leia on Cloud City.

ROTJ
1) Sandstorm is all I'm putting down at this point ... if that. Not enough moving footage out there from ROTJ, though there's plenty of good cut stuff. Maybe a bit of fun with the band and Jabba.

so if someone have them that would be great to give them to me big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.