Evangel's Slugfest Showdown Tournament Information

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evangel94

Evangel94
If there isn't enough forum interest or enough participants then the tourney is cancelled

ScarletSpider
I'm interested, already have a working list of characters. Hopefully I get the ones I want on Friday. Oh bother.

Evangel94
Submit a reply to let me know whether or not you're participating. Also, I might instead change the draft to monday to give people more time to think of their teams.

Krissy Von Doom
Can I post my whole team now? How is this going to work - by poll only, do people get to make statements?

1. Quasar
I'm sure this guy is herald level

2. Gideon (X-Factor villain) and Mordred the Mystic (Darkhold, Ghost Rider "villain"wink
Not sure but I think these two would get beat by any herald level character so they qualify on this level?

3. Gamorra (Infinity Watch) and Nova (New Warriors)
No time gem for Gamorra hence only has fighting ability and strength.

4. Stick (Daredevil's mentor) and Moon Knight

Evangel94
No you cannot pick your teams now. The draft will be on monday. You must also provide links to a site that provides a bio (history, backround, what his powers are, etc) for your characters.

I will make a draft thread on Monday for your one herald level character choice.

Basically you post your pick in the draft thread hopefully before anyone else can take your choice. If someone takes it before you then you must choose a different character.

In regards to voting:

You will make a statement saying who you voted for and why.

In order to hopefully sway people to vote for your team, you may (but not required) submit a strategy write-up. Basically your strategy and thoughts on how and why your team will win against the other team.

Evangel94
All who wish to participate, must let me know by posting in this thread.

Evangel94
Only 2? Im really saddened by this..

Evangel94
Bump,

Come on people. If there isn't more people that are interested, then I will have to cancel due to lack of interest.

Swanky-Tuna
It's not that I'm not interested, it's just I don't know enough about enough to figure out a team.

Kontraz
count me in...

... so is 1st draft friday or monday?

Tron
Don't trip Evangel, this thread just started, give it some time. Some people either haven't been back to the site yet, or they might be considering their characters, or, like me, just don't have enough time for all the details you're asking for. I'd like to get involved, but I'm only gettign a couple of hours of online time while I'm deployed, since I have other things to do. I could probably give some character ideas to others, but I can't get into it myself though. The few I could suggest to folks here are Juggernaut, Deathstroke, Flash, Black Panther, Green Lantern (any one of them), Martian Manhunter, just to name a few. Those are my few suggestions, it's up to y'all to do the rest though. And that's my comtribution to this thread, definitely a good idea, just one I don't have enough time for. no

norrin radd
i want to participate to

Evangel94
Participants at this moment:
ScarletSpider
Krissy Von Doom
Kontraz
norrin radd

I need more people to participate if the tournament is going to take place. I will enter myself if we need more.

The 1st draft will take place monday for your herald level character. They cannot be stronger than herald level. You must also provide a link for your character. I also reserve the right to overturn any character I feel would be unfit for the tournament.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

Havoc470
this is a cool idea evangel, im not gonna participate but its a cool forum activity lol

Evangel94
The power of comics compells you to participate...

Havoc470
@_@ ::snaps out:: i dont have that much comic knowledge so i think i'll stay out

are you by any chance reading turner/loeb's batman/superman?.....i know this is off-topic but i couldnt help but ask heheh

Evangel94
No, haven't read it at all.

Nataku8188
I'll play tha game

SnakeEyes
I will participate

crazyspinz
i will also particeipate

crazyspinz
for the fighters is godlike cable alowed as the herald level guy???

if not i say surfer
colossus, warmachine
Beast, Iceman
Dead Pool, Normal Cable

If godlike cable is alowd i say
Godlike cable
colossus, warmachine
Beast, Iceman
Deadpool, Black panther

crazyspinz
sorry, i meant to say
surfer
colossus warmachine
beast normal cable
deadpool black panther

i put normal cable to low on the list

Evangel94
You can't get your characters yet, the draft is monday. READ THE RULES on the first page. You also need links to bios for each of your characters.

For Example:

Superman

http://www.dccomics.com/secret_files/dc_character.html?sc_dc_itemCode=superman

The more information on your link about your character, the better.

Evangel94
If you want to enter the tournament, you must enter before
Midnight October 9th, Pacific Standard Time.

Evangel94
Important Notice!

Updated Roster:

ScarletSpider
Krissy Von Doom
Kontraz
norrin radd
SnakeEyes
Nataku8188
crazyspinz

Kain Phoenix
Yo, Evangel, count me in. but there's alot of rules dude

FrothByte
ok im in. but i'll try to reread the rules again just to be sure... my country's time zone is a bit early so i'll just wait for ya all to post the drafts before i post mine so that i know its started already

Magee
Cool. Definatley count me in. Although i'll get bumped.

crazyspinz
can i sugest we all get our bios from the same place, to avoid confusion

i would suggest www.marveldirectory.com its realy good

crazyspinz
if anyone has a more current site that would also be nice, that one is kinda out of date

Tron
Hmmmm, here's another character for someone to consider:

The TICK!!!wink

SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!

Havoc470
wonder woman has a part to play in that story arc

Evangel94
Important Notice!

Updated Roster:

ScarletSpider
Krissy Von Doom
Kontraz
norrin radd
SnakeEyes
Nataku8188
crazyspinz
Kain Phoenix
FrothByte
Magee

So how are your teams coming along? I've decided to push the draft earlier. The draft will be Sunday for Herald level characters. You must provide links when you choose your character or else it is an invalid pick. They cannot surpass herald level.

Good sites to find character Bios:

http://www.marveldirectory.com
Hasn't been updated in a while, but still has good information

http://www.marvel.com/universe/index.htm
Marvel's main site. They mostly have mainstream character Bios.

I reserve the right to overturn any character I feel unfit for the tournament.

crazyspinz
is godlike cable alowd for herald level, or is he against some rules?

Evangel94
He not "godlike". He just doesn't possess the techno virus that limited his abilities.

Yes, he is allowed....for now...

norrin radd
magneto is at what level? war machine? becaus ehe would crush war machine but he is not on herald level?

norrin radd
are we only choosing the herald character right?

Norrin Radd aka The Silver Surfer

links:

http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/silversurfer.htm

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/s/silversurfer.htm

Magee
Would people like Thanos, Darksied or Superman be allowed for the herald level?

ScarletSpider
I choose you! Captain Marvel!

http://www.marvel.com/universe/index.htm

http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/captmarvel.htm

Evangel94
How many times do I need to tell you guys. THIS ISN"T THE DRAFT THREAD! YOU CANNOT DRAFT!!

This means you two Norrin Radd and Scarlet Spider. If you two don't obey the rules, then you won't be allowed in the tournament.

Magee, only superman is allowed out of those three. Thanos is way above herald level and basically skyfather level. Darkseid is also skyfather level and has the omega beams that aren't fair in this tournament.

crazyspinz
scarlet spider, i think that captian marvel is a few below herlad level, i would consiter him war machine or iron man lvl,

ScarletSpider
Read the Odyssey arc smile. He killed an entire planet of Kree, Skrull and Shi'Ar invaders without leaving his basement.

Sorry Evangel if I placed my conscription out of turn. I thought the draft would take place here, but I suppose it is not. I shall wait for the "draft" thread, or for your say so. Again, sorry.

Magee
I think we should start now, i wanna have a good chance of getting who i want stick out tongue

Evangel94
The Draft will be tommorow. Sunday

norrin radd

crazyspinz
witch captian marvel, there are like 4

ScarletSpider
Sorry, Evangel. I thought it was Sunday. I had Friday off and it has me all out of whack.

Genis-Vell Captain Marvel, crazyspinz.

crazyspinz
ya he kicks total ass, i was gonna draft him too
mad

crazyspinz
i suggest that before the draft starts some one makes a list of characters of each level from both mavel and dc to avoid confusion on the draft day

ScarletSpider
Here is my unofficial list: tell me if anything is wrong with it, or add whomever you wish, etc. etc.

Marvel:
Silver Surfer (of course, Herald level is named for him after all)
Airwalker
Firelord
Terrax
Morg w/ power cosmic OR waters of life only
Gladiator
Beta Ray Bill
Thor (sans Odinpower, I'm guessing)
Captain Marvel (Genis)
Photon (?)
Cable at current power levels
Binary
Hyperion
Dr. Spectrum
Wonder Man
Magneto ?
Graviton ?
Hulk ?

Most likely Sentry, the Fallen One and Starlord are at this level, but at the moment we know very little of these characters.

DC (as I am not as knowledgable with these characters, any help is greatly appreciated)
Superman
Captain Marvel (SHAZAM)
Black Adam
Orion
Martian Manhunter
Green Lantern
Lobo ?

It's DC, land of the awesomely powerful, I'm just not that familiar with it, nor do we have completely acurate guidelines for Herald level (and it would be quite difficult to lay them down, I would surmise) so everyone, please give it a shot and add on.

SnakeEyes
what characters are at War machine level

Evangel94
Strength Level (Tons). Usually characters power levels go hand in hand with their strength levels.

www.marveldirectory.com has a list of strength levels.

For example. Hulk is listed at 100 tons. That would put him on Herald level. Of course this isn't true for everyone, but it's a good way to judge.
Consider everything the character brings to the table. Odin brings the odinforce and is too powerful. He would trash any herald.

Scarlet Spider
Captain Marvel is only allowed at pre-insanity. Morg isn't allowed.

Nataku8188
Would you please be more specific with what the level parameters are... I mean, Deadpool is maximum human class strength, but i would place him in the spidey class.... Same for like Wolverine.

Evangel94
You may pick the maximum for each class.

Think of it this Way:

Street Level (No actual powers): Batman, Captain America

Meta (Light Weight): Beast, Mystique, Gambit

Enhanced Meta(Heavy Duty Hitters): Iron Man (Normal Armor), War Machine, Jean Grey

Herald Level (Power House): All of Galactus's Heralds, anyone who can put up a good fight against a herald.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.