beyonder vs. alpha

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spyrokinesi35
not gonna spend a lot of time typing about this, but who would win a god or "the most powerful being in the universe"

Lil-Goblin
I don't know who they are.

spyrokinesi35
here are their links http://www.mutanthigh.com/index2.html http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/b/beyonder.htm

wrathofachilles
That link loads too slow, so just tell me who Alpha is? I don't know anything about him, so I can't say if he's the most powerful being in the universe, but if you were referring to Beyonder as that: he's not.

Magee
What the hell is on that page. Its taking forever to load. So yea, just tell us who he is.

spyrokinesi35
here I'll copy and paste from the sites Beyonder

Identity: The Beyonder's existence is unknown to the general populace of Earth.
Legal Status: Inapplicable
Other Aliases: Frank
Place of Birth: Inapplicable
Place of Death: An underground sanctum beneath the Colorado Rocky Mountains
Known Survivors: None
Group Affiliation: None
Base of Operations: Mobile

History: Originally, the entity known as the Beyonder comprised all of the otherdimensional universe, called the "Beyond-Realm," in which he existed. The entity was entirely unaware of the existence of other beings until, several years ago, the atomic accident that transformed laboratory worker Owen Reece into the superhuman Molecule Man opened an interdimensional "pinhole" between the Beyond-Realm and the multiverse in which Earth exists. Through this gap the Beyonder observed the Earth for a number of years. The Beyonder was fascinated, since he himself was his entire reality, but each denizen of Earth was but a single entity that was part of the greater whole that was the multiverse. Hence, each sentient being on Earth, in the Beyonder's point of view was "incomplete," and strove to remedy its incompleteness. Hence, the Beyonder believed, the driving force of the minds of all sentient beings was desire; in other words, wanting to have or become something one is not. Indeed, now that the Beyonder realized that he himself was not all that existed, he saw himself as incomplete and felt desire.

To investigate the nature of desire, the Beyonder undertook an experiment. Various adventurers based on Earth, most of them possessing superhuman powers, including the Hulk, Spider-Man, and members of the Avengers, Fantastic Four, and X-Men, went to New York City's Central Park to investigate an enormous circular construct which had materialized in the park's Sheep Meadow. Entering the construct, the adventurers and the construct were teleported to an area of outer space near a galaxy far from Earth's. Similarly, a large number of costumed criminals, including the Absorbing Man, Doctor Doom, Doctor Octopus, the Enchantress, Kang, the Lizard, the Molecule Man, Ultron, the Wrecker and the Wrecking Crew, as well as the planet-devourer Galactus, found themselves in another construct in the same area of space. Aboard the constructs the passengers watched in awe as the galaxy nearest to them was annihilated by an unseen force, except for a single star. Then, before their eyes, a planet, which became known as Battleworld, was created to orbit that star. Finally, a rift opened in space, from which a blinding light poured, and the passengers on the constructs heard a voice that told them, "I am from beyond! Stay your enemies and all you desire shall be yours! Nothing you dream of is impossible for me to accomplish!" The passengers on the constructs were then sent down to Battleworld. There, over the next several days, they engaged in a "secret war" among themselves; most of the criminals sought to destroy the heroic adventurers in order to gain the prize that the Beyonder had promised.

In the course of the "secret war," Doctor Doom used technological means to steal the Beyonder's apparently unlimited power and absorb it into himself. Too weakened to strike back against Doom, the Beyonder secretly took possession of the body of Klaw, who had been resurrected on Battleworld after his seeming destruction by the Dazzler. The Beyonder took control of Klaw's subconscious mind and thus motivated him to encourage Doom's fears of his superhuman opponents in the "secret war" and Doom's doubts over his own ability to control his newly gained power. The Beyonder also had Klaw persuade Doom to grant him some of his new power. Then, when Doom was struggling to control his power while in battle with Captain America, the Beyonder left Klaw's body and reclaimed his full power. The Beyonder then vanished, and the participants in the "secret war" returned to the places from which they had come.

Months later, the Beyonder arrived on Earth to continue his study of humanity and of desire. He had never possessed a true form of his own before, but now he created for himself a physical form that resembled a composite of the bodies of various participants in the "secret war," in order that he could walk among humanity and fulfill his desire for experience in this world. Next he gave himself a body identical to that of the Molecule Man. To study the effects of enabling someone to fulfill his fantasies, the Beyonder transformed television writer Stewart Cadwall into the armored Thundersword. Cadwall ran amok in his new identity, and was opposed and defeated by various costumed adventurers.

Subsequently, the Beyonder gave himself a body identical to that of Captain America. The Beyonder encountered a number of costumed adventurers, but found it difficult to understand the counsel about the nature of life that he received from some of them and other human beings. The Beyonder then met an underworld figure named Vinnie, who, seeking to make use of the Beyonder's superhuman powers, became his guide to the world. Under Vinnie's influence the Beyonder sought wealth, pleasure, and power over others. The Beyonder further altered his physical appearance, giving himself black, curly hair; he maintained the form he now had for most of the rest of his existence on Earth.

The Beyonder finally parted company with Vinnie, and used his powers to take complete control of every mind, and, in fact, every atom of matter on Earth. But the Beyonder found himself dissatisfied: he took no pleasure in having everyone serve him if they were compelled to do so as if they were automatons. Hence, the Beyonder released everyone and everything on Earth from his control, and also wiped out everyone's memories of his conquest of Earth, although he allowed some people to retain a vague reminiscence of it.

The Beyonder continued to experiment with experiencing love affairs with human beings. On a journey to the Andromeda Galaxy to locate the Avengers, he was responsible for the escape of their foe Nebula. To study the effects of the desire for revenge, the Beyonder transtormed Thor's enemy, the Dark Elf Algrim, into the powerful menace Kurse. The Beyonder also saved Kathryn Twoyoungmen, then known as Talisman, from entrapment in an otherdimensional world. The Beyonder sought to make Alison Blaire, the Dazzler, his lover, and even went so far as to bestow half of his power upon her so that they would be equals. However, she was not in love with him, and the disappointed Beyonder, once mom in possession of his full power, parted from her.

Now the Beyonder's mood began too change. He found desire a nuisance, and wondered whether he should continue to study it or just return to the Beyond-Realm, where he would feel complete unto himself. He briefly had the young superhuman mutant called Boom-Boom as a companion, and terrified her when he threatened to destroy the entire universe on a whim. She alerted the Avengers to his threat, and they in turn informed other superhuman champions.

Deciding he could not simply return to the Beyond-Realm and forget he had ever experienced desire, the Beyonder remained on Earth, but fell into despair. The sorcerer Doctor Strange advised him to find a purpose in life, and so the Beyonder decided to become a champion of life like Strange himself. He acted as a "super hero" both on Earth and on other planets, but still seemed uncertain of his role in the universe, especially after Captain America and Mister Fantastic advised him of their fears that humanity would become overly dependent on the Beyonder to solve their problems for them. Encouraged by his aide, a journalist named Dave, the Beyonder overcame his own doubts. The Beyonder then obliterated Death itself from the universe, thus earning the wrath of Mephisto, the satanic ruler of an otherdimensional realm of the dead. The Molecule Man, however, convinced the Beyonder that existence was meaningless without death, and so the Beyonder brought Death back into existence by using his power to kill the reporter Dave, who willingly sacrificed his life.

The Beyonder went to a South Seas island to contemplate. There an army of superhuman criminals assembled by Mephisto attacked him, but he was saved by the. Inspired by the Thing's heroism, the Beyonder decided to inspire others in turn to find their true role in life. But, again, the Beyonder used his powers to control the minds of others to do so. After the Puma failed to kill him, the Beyonder became convinced that he was wasting his time in trying to enlighten others.

Furious, the Beyonder now believed he had no role in the universe, and decided he would be happier if he destroyed the multiverse so he would be alone once more. He slaughtered most of the New Mutants and did battle with the Avengers and Rachel Summers, alias Phoenix.

Strength Level: The Beyonder's strength in the human form described under Physical Characteristics was potentially unlimited.

Known Superhuman Powers: The Beyonder was apparently the most powerful being ever to exist in this universe (although he was not native to this universe), and hence could do virtually anything, The Beyonder could manipulate incalculable amounts of energy and create and rearrange matter on a planetary scale.

spyrokinesi35

wrathofachilles
Magneto was a baby? Bet Scarlet Witch loved that...talk about your children having to take care of you.

Since Beyonder's dead and Alpha is missing, I say it's a draw, lol.

wrathofachilles
And how was Beyonder the most powerful being in the universe *which I never accepted* when he had to be saved from Mephisto?

spyrokinesi35
I think it goes to alpha because beyonder is so weak that he can be zapped of his power by doc doom and then killed, but alpha went to where all gods go such as amazo and zues

HarmonicFlo88
This is a good thread, this alpha character...u have any more info/pics? if hes always evolving to a new level....he should be at living tribunals powers at some point.. some more info could help man

spyrokinesi35
I know I just became interested in him. he's like a marvel version of amazo. I'm looking for info, but I'm not promising anything

spyrokinesi35
I found one! read this. it is the whole story of alpha, but it's kinda long so you'lll need some spare time. It's too long to post, so i'll have to link you to it here it is (a somewhat decent picture is at the bottom http://www.defenders.ca/summary/defe16.htm also here's another link alpha with a better picture http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/alphatum.htm

wrathofachilles
Well if Alpha is below Stranger in power, then I think he's below Beyonder.

spyrokinesi35
also there is another being who has simailar abillities and apearence. his name is futurist . here's his bio http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/futuristff.htm

spyrokinesi35
they both have theri weaknesses, but I'm still going with alpha becaue he is one of the smartest beings in the universe and he'll find a way to obliterate beyonder with or without his powers

wrathofachilles
Well I've always considered Beyonder over-rated, and I know nothing of Alpha outside that bio, so I don't know. When I'm in doubt, I go with Galactus, lol.

Magee
I dont understand Beyonder. He threatend to destroy the multiverse but needed rescuing from Mephisto and a few other villians? Weird.

spyrokinesi35
ype like I said if doc doom could sap his powers and kill him and he's supposedly the most powerfeul being in the universe then why is he so weak

Magee
Indeed it is confusing.

Well after reading about Alpha it is quite possible hes grown to be one of the most powerful beings in the Marvel universe. And quite a match for Beyonder.

HarmonicFlo88
That marvunapp.com site is weird, i couldn't even fine cyclops on it...

wrathofachilles
He's not. He was billed as such during the Secret Wars, but Thanos was billed as the same in the Infinity Gauntlet, Onslaught was billed as at least most powerful force on Earth, etc. It depends on the storyline. They're not going to say 'he's a pretty powerful guy, but nothing special.' Beyonder has so much power because he's not part of this universe, but he was still capable of being destroyed. Tribunal, Eternity, Galactus, all those are stronger.

spyrokinesi35
yes he is weaker than stranger, but stranger was 1 of the four people creating earth, which almost makes them gods. and anyways is says presumebly not is weaker

Beyonder
Pre-reconned Beyonder > LT

LT > Post-reconned Beyonder > Alpha

Doom only gained Pre-reconned Beyonder's powers after absorbing the power of a Full Powered Galactus. Even with Galactus' power, Doom admitted he was still no match for the Beyonder, yet it didn't stop Doom from trying. I stole the Beyonder's power but was later tricked by the Beyonder who took his power back.

Mephisto was only able to challenge Beyonder after using Eternity to fuel his machine which was meant to use redirect all of Beyonder's power on himself and destroy him.

wrathofachilles
Like hell he was more powerful than Living Tribunal. That's absurd. There is no power greater than LT except 'God.'

Magee
There is no "God" in the Marvel universe. I think people refer to him as The One Above All.

wrathofachilles
I know, I just didn't feel like typing 'The One Above All.' Damn, see what you made me do! *sigh*

Beyonder
He was ABOVE LT. Marvel invented TOAA after the Beyonder. The Beyonder was RECONNED after Marvel writters decided he was too powerful - basically GOD level. In Secret Wars I, Beyonder didn't even have a body. Marvel then reconned the Beyonder. Later on, TOAA was added. But unlike the Beyonder, TOAA is only SPOKEN of but never SEEN. He's all power but doesn't interfere like the Beyonder did. TOAA = GOD without Marvel refering to him as GOD.

Pre-reconned Beyonder > LT.

Magee
lol laughing

spyrokinesi35
yeah living tribunal is the most powerful being in the marvel as specture is the most powerful in dc. no one (even superman, juggernaut, or hulk) can beat them (althought they did fight, but they both won/lost)

wrathofachilles
No. Sorry.

Beyonder
You really proved your point with that statement. roll eyes (sarcastic)

wrathofachilles
I don't need to prove my point. I think it's fairly obvious already.

Beyonder
...fairly obvious that you haven't read Secret Wars I & II - fairly obvious then. wink

who?-kid
I think Beyonder is right : the early version of the Beyonder - Secret Wars I and II (before his powers were cut down by Marvel because they didn't want a godlike character) - was probably THE most powerful character EVER. In Secret Wars II, the Beyonder even claimed he was so strong that "no force in the universe can destroy me without my explicit permission !" or something like that.

I don't think Alpha can say the same thing...

Maybe the Beyonder wasn't as powerful as LT, but certainly more powerful than Eternity, who was afraid of him.

Beyonder
Beyonder also stated that he is to Eternity as Eternity is to a human.

wrathofachilles
Hell, I state that on a regular basis, doesn't make it so. You don't believe people's own subjective claims, you believe objective evidence. Beyonder was insanely powerful, but he had vulnerabilities. Living Tribunal could snap his fingers and will anything to be done. Period.

wrathofachilles
And I did read Secret Wars I.

who?-kid
The problem with the Beyonder is, I think, that he didn't belong to our universe, not even to our multiverse. So I don't know if the LT could boss the Beyonder around.

And the Beyonder certainly was more powerful than Mephisto, Galactus, Death, the Celestials and Eternity (who was willing to sacrifice one third of the entire universe - himself - to try to destroy the Beyonder).

And definitely more powerful than Alpha.

Beyonder
You mean it took Beyonder more effort than a snap of the fingers to bring a group of heroes and villains and Galactus to another planet? Or are talking about when the Beyonder threatened to destroy the universe with a thought if the Celestials didn't act? Or are you talking about when Beyonder destroyed a galaxy with a thought? Hell, why snap fingers when a mere thought can destroy the universe.

wrathofachilles
Yeah, and also how he nearly got his ass kicked by the combined villains that found him when he went into hiding and how even Puma tried to kill him. I was using the 'snapping of fingers' loosely, Living Tribunal can will Beyonder out of existence. He 'outranks' him for lack of a better word; thus he is more powerful.

Beyonder
Outranks post-reconned you mean. LT didn't do shit to the Beyonder. Everyone else couldn't do shit to the Beyonder. Death was killed and where was LT and his snack the finger trick?

guy222
Originally posted by Whittdawg92
not gonna spend a lot of time typing about this, but who would win a god or "the most powerful being in the universe"

Beyonder

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.