Seinfeld Seasons 1 & 2!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

<<Solo>>
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005JLEX.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
Only $32.47!
ALAS!
DVD Release Date: November 23, 2004
Run Time: 448

DVD Features:
Available Audio Tracks: English
All 18 episodes from the first two seasons: Good News Bad News (pilot), The Stakeout, The Robbery, Male Unbonding, The Stock Tip, The Ex-Girlfriend, The Pony Remark, The Jacket, The Phone Message, The Apartment, The Statue, The Revenge, The Heart Attack, The Deal, The Baby Shower, The Chinese Restaurant, The Busboy

Featuring the original (1-2 minutes longer) NBC network versions of each episode

Two versions of the pilot episode

Remastered in high definition

Inside Looks: Interviews with the cast and creators about what was happening behind the scenes as the episodes were created and filmed

In the Vault: Saved from the cutting room floor... deleted scenes - never seen!

Not That There's Anything Wrong with That: Never-before-seen-outtakes and bloopers

Master of His Domain: See Jerry in exclusive stand-up comedy footage, shot for the show but never used

Sponsored by Vandelay Industries: Original NBC promotional ads and trailers

Notes About Nothing: Behind-the-scenes scoop and production notes

How It Began: An hour-long look at how Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David first came up with the idea for the show, how it almost didn't get made and how they emerged with the show that changed the face of television forever

Tonight Show footage

Number of discs: 4

cal31
Can't wait to get it, although the first couple of seasons were the worst, it's still Seinfield

<<Solo>>
True, it got a lot better later in the second season, but in most shows most of the earlier seasons are horrible like Simpsons and South Park.

Unholy_Cheese
sienfeld season 1,2 Available Wednesday, 20 October 2004 for region 4 (australia)

badsymbiote
Right. We all have to be "introduced" to the characters--I watched it the first season, and everyone else hated it. Sure, I admit that the characters, dialogue, and the interlocking stories weren't really developed until mid-way through the second season, but like Cal said, it's still Seinfeld.
Even though, when you look back, you think, wow, look at his hair and clothes--but it was the early nineties. The 80's and early 90's were producers of some downright horrendous fashion trends.
Only $33? You can't afford NOT to buy it. They're practically giving them away.

BackFire
I never liked this show, really. Just a bunch of people whining all the time.

That being said, I'm surprised it took them this long to release it on DVD, considering it's popularity.

badsymbiote
It did take a while--and I know what you mean about the whining--it took me about four years to be able to appreciate Newman or George. I liked that they were self-absorbed, and not all fakey sweet. It was endearing because it's semi-identifiable. Sometimes, life just kicks you in the teeth. Many of the premises were ridiculous, too, and yet they could always make it work, even though you saw it a mile away.

BackFire
I didn't see anything very special with the show, other then they weren't talented enough to come up with storylines that didn't revolve around whining about something dumb.

Every episode basically centered around a Seinfeld joke that began with "What's the deal with .......", and they'd make a whole show about that blank. The show got tired very quickly. But, at least it's better then friends.

Dario Argento
I would maybe go as far as to call Seinfeld a genius. This is the most original and funny show ever.

BF I didn't like when I saw it first either. But give it a chance. Try to watch 14 eoisodes or so, and then you'll love it.

Dario Argento
BTW season 3 is being released November 23 as well.

<<Solo>>
Exactly.

Dario Argento
Hehe... I didn't mean I didn't like you BF, I meant that I didn't like Seinfeld. I just forgot "it" between "like" and "when". stick out tongue

BackFire
I've watched way more then 14 episodes. I've watched probably around 30 or so. They are all so irrelevant and predictable.

I've given the show infinite number of chances to impress me, and it never has. I simply will never see the big deal about this show. Give me South Park or old episodes of The Simpsons any day.

WindDancer
That Kramer always cracks me up! My favorite episodes (can't remenber the season) are the Bubble Boy and that SERENITY NOW! expression and Soup Nazi was okay...

MornGlory
IT'S OUT!!!!!! I DIDN'T KNOW THAT!! THANKS
tv_happy

SlipknoT
I'd say its the other way around for The Simpsons and South Park.

<<Solo>>
What the first two seasons of the simpsons and south park was horrible, they were horribly hard to watch.

Unholy_Cheese
You didnt like the first 2 seasons of south park? messed

Christopher
I wouldn't mind this DVD, I may add it to my Christmas list. I only started watching Seinfeld when they put the repeats on every night of the week. The Seinfeld DVD is about $60 here in OZ. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.