Wonderman vs. Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
boxed O.k. this is sorta carry over from the Sasquatch/Thing debate. Let me state my case to the last presumption that the Thing could defeat so many powerhouses. Obv. he can't beat the Beyonder. The Beyonder surpasses Unlimited Strength.
If Thing fights Wonderman and She-Hulk together he gets beat. He may even wipe the floor with them by chance but not in any regular fashion. My threads are more about the creature of the character than about the actual battles or the character favorite. Lets face it, they throw these fights to many of these characters.boxing
The Thing is about 95 ton strength and that is Wonderman's strength too. This would be an ideal match-up where the guy who could land the better punch would win.
I like Wonderman's sleek toned adrenaline body better in almost any match-up.shaun
Wonderman walks away; Sue and Johnny have to use Reed as a stretcher for The Thing.
raver

Wynndar
hahaha.....the Thing and Wonderman r good friends...the first time they fought, Thing was no match for Simon...the second, after the Thing's first big strength increase he kicked WM tail and admitted "Im way tougher than Wondie"...as far as who would win presently?...undecided...but i think Thing is the better fighter and stronger, WM doesnt really rely on brute strength anymore and uses a array of powers...however, not too long ago Thing was able to take down the entire avengers except for cap, when they faced each other they decided to settle things without fighting

Kain Phoenix
lol good point wynndar ,in the ff issue he did take out most of the avengers. people write off the thing cos he is a humorous character. the thing has gone toe-to-toe with the best. he has tonnes more battle experience and hand to hand is a better fighter, that added with his inability to quit and we're on to a winner. the Thing has also got measurably stronger over the years.

he'd turn wonderman into wonderboy.

Wynndar
yea...he didnt even rely on strength, he used their own powers against them along with fighting abilty and agility...

KharmaDog
Thing is a flagship character for Marvel, so in just about any comic he's gonna win, and even when he doesn't win, the writers always seem to provide a good excuse for the loss and still make him look good.

crazyspinz
isnt wonderman like a enenegy type guy now, like all purple and sutch

Wynndar
yea pure ionic radiation

wrathofachilles
I take it you mean the core members as there are dozens and dozens of Avengers members. Thor obviously wasn't in that match-up.

Wynndar
all the avengers that were in the mansion, but Thor and Wonderman were there and he had no problem neutralizing them. It was when Reed was trapped in the Doom armor and he was marrying Sue Storm posing as DD....when the Thing was talking to the avengers they thought it was too messed up to believe and they tried to jump the Thing and detain him, he took them all out...u dont see most of the fight. But u do see the Wonderman getting knocked clear through the wall of the mansion..the hole he made in the wall was the way Thing got out...everyone was apparently down long enough for Thing and Cap to talk it out...the Thing was hella tired he admitted he was the only man he wouldnt want to fight if he was exhausted

wrathofachilles
That is absurd. In no aspect can Thing go head-to-head with Thor. This must have been in the Fantastic Four comic and written by someone who read nothing but the Fantastic Four when they were a kid.

Wynndar
hahhaha...i think Thing and Thor have fought twice...if Thing has beaten Hulk im not sure why he isnt qualified to go head to head with Thor

Wynndar
oh...but i dont know what happened in those 2 THing Thor fights...Wonderman has given Thor a pretty good fight...since about FF #200 Thing has been able to trash WM...he should be able to go a couple rounds with Thor

wrathofachilles
Thing's considerably inferior to Hulk as well. They fight only because Thing is an arrogant punk, lol. The writers make them fight just because the fans love it, but eventually Hulk trashes him.

wrathofachilles
And I agree he's capable of going a couple rounds with Thor, just not winning them, wink

Wynndar
there have been times when Thing has been the superior...they have fought about 20 times...I dont think there is any way to try and sum up their fights in only a few words...i dont think any other two big guys have fought so many times...anyway, could you give me an issue where Hulk trashed the Thing? the second time Thing and Hulk fought(1964), Thor, Ironman and Giant Man were there but none of them were factors....it was basically Thing vs Hulk...I would say Hulk got a decisive victory though...but when did Thing get trashed?

wrathofachilles
I don't have issues, I don't collect Hulk and FF, I just remember back in the day Hulk trashed Thing most of the time. By 'trashed' I just mean beat.

Wynndar
ok

Tony Stark
rock

I think that The THING beats WM pretty easily. He's got no heart. If the fight goes on for more than a while WM will quit getting up.

THING wins.

Draco69
Ridiculous. "Thing has HEART. He's a brawler" That's the only argument they have. Wonder Man wins by a mile. He beat Thor for cripes sake. He's much stronger, much tougher and much faster.

Scoobless
Wonderman is said to be class 95 at base level but he can go beyond that with effort or adrenaline..... he also has flight and speed advantage over the Thing, Thing may be a good fighter but Wonderman knows how to handle his own powers against guys tougher than the Thing

Sentry
Anything Thing can dish out, Wonderman can handle. Wonderman has leveled Thor and Iron Man at least twice, beat the green out of the Abomination, and kicked the crap out of Ultron. Thing stands a chance, a very small one. Wonderman wins this 9 times out of 10.

paolo2134
depends what thing we are talking about if it's regular thing i go with wonder-man if it,s pineaple thing then i think it goes to him.

paolo2134
god that ear operation i had yesterday really mucked up my senses it's pineapple thing not pineaple:-)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.