House of Wax

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jamierosch
when I saw Paris Hilton was going to be in a remake of "House of Wax" my first thought was why trash a classic horror film. So I checked it out and it just got worse from there. It is also starring Elisha Cuthbert and while she is hot she can not act her way out of a paper sack! mad

This is a Vincent Price movie how can you redo that? Some classics can not be remade and to find out they are not even going with the original story but going off into the unknown with serial killers just boggles my mind.

The villain in the original masterpiece was a man you could feel sorry for. He was pushed over the edge by a greedy business partner. This is a movie I don't think I will be spending the big bucks to see at the theater. Maybe when is airs on t.v. and even that is a big maybe.

Does anyone else hate when they mutilate a classic? sad

makaky
Most definitely! Vincent Price was an icon and no remake could ever rival his unique style. Though there were none of the wonderful special effects back in "the day", his distinct voice, the eerie atmosphere, and the storylines were superb. Therein lies the charm and the true definition of a classic. It just breaks my heart to see a no talent spoiled rich kid like Paris Hilton in a movie with the same name.

cauteriZed
what is the plot of film?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.