New Feature: Ignore Threads!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raz
There is a new feature available that may solve a common annoyance reported by many members - redundant/annoying threads. The ability to ignore threads!

Everyone now has a ignore thread list, which can be viewed here: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/thread.php?action=manage

You can add a thread to your ignore list by clicking on the folder icon (see image below) - then just follow the onscreen instructions.

Once a thread has been added to your ignore list, next time you view a forum (remember to hit F5 to update the list) - your annoying thread will no longer exist....in your world!

Problems? Questions? Please post away!

mc pee pants
nobel for the Raz-man!!!

Dogbert
Is this feature on all styles?

EmSixTeEn
WOHOO! an end to these stupid countin games! *break dances*

R0B
Raz keeps making this site better and better

Tired Hiker
Yes!!! I can finally get rid of all those stupid threads people create! droolio

Raz
Yeah, like this one wink It is now.

Dogbert
You can even ignore notes. eek! laughing out loud

Excellent new feature thumb up

lil bitchiness
laugh1 I particulary love how clearly stated what folder icons are!! laugh1

Raz
It's because of Dave stick out tongue

Unholy_Cheese
hmmm, y isnt this in News and questions? bad Raz!, wow that felt wierd blink

mc pee pants
it's probably in every forum.

Raz
It was primarily designed to solve the "OTF Problem", that is why its here.

Once everyone has read about the feature, it will be moved to the N&Q forum.

(BTW, you can add this thread to your ignore list if its annoying stick out tongue)

Unholy_Cheese
shifty

lil bitchiness
''Raz Brings YOU: Ignored Threads''

laughing out loud

I love this thread!! laughing out loud

§pearhead
no more counting games eek!

i owe you raz smile

silver_tears
Umm you can add a thread more than once....is that a glitch confused

word raz, word

Unholy_Cheese
I like the counting game sad

silver_tears
and I think you should make this thread visible in all forums, to spread the word big grin

Raz
Fixed! big grin

lil bitchiness
Im not gonna ignore any threads, im keeping my eye on all of you people!

Just kidding, counting threads have done it. flirt1

silver_tears
mwah1 thanks darlin

Unholy_Cheese
Why does everyone hate the counting game??cry

lil bitchiness
They're rather annoying cry

silver_tears
There's like 8 no expression

§pearhead
er...there's too many of them and they're sorta useless sad

mc pee pants
yeah... all they do is count.

Raz
Not all threads are to everyones taste.

Nothing will stop you or your fellow counters from enjoying those threads, however.

R0B
Their boring, dumb in my opinion, annoying, and just takes up space erm

Unholy_Cheese
Theres 11312 threads in the OTF and the counting game takes up space?? Well i guess you have a point

R0B
Ok besides the point, I just think their annoying.

lil bitchiness
Hey now, we have the ignore feature, so this kind of arguments wouldnt happen big grin

Unholy_Cheese
yes

Unholy_Cheese
I hate all the others, just like the original "Counting Game" yes

§pearhead
that's the only that really has any relevance at all stick out tongue i'll concede the point on that one big grin

Dr. Strangelove
eek! What a great feature. What's next? A ignore forum feature, I could sure use that on the POTC forum. evil face

§pearhead
completely off topic, sorry...

nice avvy, Doctor eek!

darkcrown
Do you have anycomplaints? Call 1-500-555-5555 and ask for either Jon Doe of Haywood Jablohme! big grin

Unholy_Cheese
Ignore a whole forum? that seems a bit unnecessary stick out tongue

Dr. Strangelove
Thanks. With my Giants and A's choking, Ive got to root for some team in the playoffs and the Red Sox are my third favorite team anyways. big grin

mc pee pants
go angels

archangel

§pearhead
I'm a Massachusetts native big grin sox better go all the way cool

damn, who am I kidding stick out tongue

Dr. Strangelove
Well it would save me .3 seconds scrolling down to the sports and music forum, so while it would be small time, it saves my finger from more scrolling.dance

Unholy_Cheese
Ofcoarse shocking

JKozzy
I think that after we add it to the ignore list, that it should automatically redirect to the previous forum.... unless it does, well mine isn't messed

Silver Stardust
Mine doesn't either...

...but already I've been putting this feature to good use evil face

Nazgulinthedark
oh boy! eek! i cant wait to start ignoring threads!

LoSt_
Raz i love you.

m!$hA
it now works for black? eek!
touched i love you raz!

Paola
that attachment is so hilarious! laughing out loud

DeNiro
I havent said this in a while Raz but I love you laughing out loud

JKozzy
laughing out loud I thought at first, that this was going to be some sort of sarcasm, like "If you don't like it, then feature your own restriction of posting in them!" but nope, full fledges realness. Hm, perhaps I'm too tired. Auto-redirecting would be nice, though... stick out tongue smile

Jedi Priestess
I love you Raz love

m!$hA
you know what, i think raz did this all just to get loved eek! ninja2

trouble
yay...no more useless threads to clog up the otf yes

m!$hA
speaking of which droolio

trouble
laughing out loud its cool so much we can do now shifty no more annoyin threads yes happy

m!$hA
its definently needed when peak hour comes!
heaps of your friends are online, your in four or five threads at once and replying to dozens of pm's. and then, just what you need, another stupid thread pops up 'guess what guys, im a girl eek!'

trouble
laughing out loud true

m!$hA
it happens many times and once i even had to go to kmc default cry
it was horrible fear

trouble
awe unlucky babe sad

m!$hA
my poor little eyes hurt cry schmoll

trouble
awe......babe.

m!$hA
wub

Baylin
Well Raz as always you da man!

Sooo just a little idea, if you can make it so people can ignore threads, you must also be able to make so that they cant ignore threads.
Take dear Mr Spearhead for example we all know how much he hates counting threads right!
Well... just to wind him up you could change his profile so that everything else is ignored but the counting threads, that would drive him sooo mad...

m!$hA
never, EVER do that raz no expression

Clovie
laughing it is actually nice idea. dev

and the thing is working happy thumb up

m!$hA
its a horrible idea cry

MonkeyNipples
this thing is cool...but not the greatest ideas that raz has ever come up with.

Clovie
you know it'd never happened stick out tongue

to the TOPIC!!!
Raz, Meister... could you make it that the page is going back to the forum after making the ignore thing? coz now it is stoping on that "thread has been ignored' note confused

m!$hA
yes, please droolio

MonkeyNipples
that would be great

naybean
Thanks so much raz! I think I might be going overboard with it though... o well laughing out loud

Syren
EDIT

Syren
mad

Not happy that the Gent's Club has been used on the example page..........

dave123
thanks for mentioning my beta testing stick out tongue

JKozzy
Is there an easier way to get to managing the ignored threads than ignoring another thread and going to http://www.killermovies.com/forums/thread.php?action=manage messed?

dave123
no

Vampy
no more counting games, i'm loving this

Clavis
cool raz naughty

Raz
You know how I like the attention wink

JK - just use the the link in my first post in this thread for the moment.

Korri
Raz i love you, lets made Admin babies to take over when your getting on a bit no expression

JKozzy
Will do smile

Lan©eWindu
My thoughts exactly!

Raz
That is next on my list shifty

m!$hA
youre going to regret you ever said that whistling1

Raz
Off this goes to the N&Q forum...

JKozzy
Hoo-ray!

*breaks wine against side of the thread as it departs*

Er... it's already here.... so... huh

Yup smile

Clovie
yhmm... is it just me or this feature is not working smoothly..
like when i'm opening a forum, and the ignored thread is on the first page it appears there for like a second and then dissapears confused

Raz
There is now an option at the very botton of the threads list to change the folder icons to an ignore link.

There is also now a link to the ignored thread list in the ignore user list page.

Paola
wha? confused1

stick out tongue great Raz! love

Clovie
very good big grin

Napalm
Raz I love you as much as a straight man can. no more counting games!

Raz
I am disabling Ignored Threads as part of an experiment...

Please be patient with me.

Storm
Can we know what this experiment consists of?

Raz
I want to see how this change affects the OTF.

Storm
Just what I thought smile

They won' t be aware of the (temporary) disablement up there.

Raz
wink

Clovie
WHAT? blink

misha
raz cry how long will this take, i hate this new 'experiment' i logged on to kmc for the first time in about 3 days....and this is what happens confused i sure did notice cry

Storm
An announcement would be a help maybe and some reading between the lines?

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Raz
I want to see how this change affects the OTF.

which is the section I have 90% of my ignored threads in. sad

Linkalicious
Mods and Admins should get the power to Ban or Force Ignore members from posting in a particular thread.

The mods and admins never abuse their power, so in the cases where a member is doing nothing but negative things in a thread....they can just be removed without having to shut the whole thread down.

Ex: In GDF when Napalm starts spreading his disgusting hate filled messages in an otherwise salvageable thread....then just restrict him from posting in that particular thread.

That kind of control does seem like a bit much, but as I stated before, the mods and admins on this site don't abuse their power.

Storm
As in a certain period where the 'vendetta' between you and lil bitchiness spoiled several threads in the GDf?

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Linkalicious
Mods and Admins should get the power to Ban or Force Ignore members from posting in a particular thread.

The mods and admins never abuse their power, so in the cases where a member is doing nothing but negative things in a thread....they can just be removed without having to shut the whole thread down.

Ex: In GDF when Napalm starts spreading his disgusting hate filled messages in an otherwise salvageable thread....then just restrict him from posting in that particular thread.

That kind of control does seem like a bit much, but as I stated before, the mods and admins on this site don't abuse their power.

But that is just tons of extra complications, no? Like Napalam for example, I gave him a 3 day bn because he didnt acknowledge the warnings, which possibly had better effect than just banning him from one thread....no?

Linkalicious
Originally posted by Storm
As in a certain period where the 'vendetta' between you and lil bitchiness spoiled several threads in the GDf?

spoiled is a harsh word....

I like to think of it as "spicing things up a bit" wink

Linkalicious
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
But that is just tons of extra complications, no? Like Napalam for example, I gave him a 3 day bn because he didnt acknowledge the warnings, which possibly had better effect than just banning him from one thread....no?

True, but that took a ban.

How many times has WindDancer, Storm, or Fire gone in a thread and had to throw around a "everyone calm down" or "everyone get back on the subject" only to be completely ignored as the fight continues. Then the thread gets closed....and noneone gets a 3 day ban.

it was wrong of me to single out Napalm, a lot of people (myself included) are guilty of this at one point or another.

lil bitchiness
spoiled is a harsh word....

I like to think of it as "spicing things up a bit" wink Yeah, we might disagree immencly in one thread, but then outside it we're absolutely cool - theres noone i can do that with Link...noone.

True, but that took a ban.

How many times has WindDancer, Storm, or Fire gone in a thread and had to throw around a "everyone calm down" or "everyone get back on the subject" only to be completely ignored as the fight continues. Then the thread gets closed....and noneone gets a 3 day ban.

it was wrong of me to single out Napalm, a lot of people (myself included) are guilty of this at one point or another.

Sure, we're all guilty of it - if you feel strongly about something, you argue for it - the problem is that here are just words - you cant see the tone of voice and such...and there are reasons why some threads are not allowed at all.

Anyway, see what Raz says i guess.

Linkalicious
and THAT's why i love you to death Milla. You, quite regularly, hand me my own ass in a discussion, and watching you get all worked up over my inconsistant arguement's i s like droolio x100000.

I'd leave KMC if I thought you truly hated me.

The "force ignore thread" ability isn't something I would highly support, and on any other site, i wouldn't support it at all. I guess I just made the suggestion because I have a lot of confidence in the mods/admins to be just and fair when it comes to using such a power.

Cheers everyone...Link's going to lunch. wink

Clovie
huh

do we have to make 'a bring ignore option back' petition or something?
and i know Raz is gone sad

JKozzy
Oh.. I was just gonna ask why. But an experiment, hm? I don't like being the guinea pig. Or do I? blink

«–†hê¤Øñê–»
no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.