Ron is going to die

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

punkyhermy
"Debbie: What will Ron's job be when he leaves school?
JK Rowling replies -> Well, assuming he lives to leave school... I'm not going to tell you smile"

okay this just made me wonder,could ron die?is this a hint?and if herry/herm were to happen than this seems quite plausible.

*Georgina_A*
I think that might be Jk's jokey way of telling us "i'm-not-telling-you anything-you'll-have-to-wait-and-see" kind of thing.

hhhhr
i agree

RoguePw25
maybe, but i doubt JK Rowling would kill him off

Stumister
IF JKR was to kill of Ron (and thats a big if) then it woyld be in the 7th book and it would be saving Harry from Voldy (jumpin in front of a spell or somethin?)

She may have killed Sirius early but I think he may have a bigger part in the next two books (just an idea) big grin

buffywill07
its ok for me if Ron will be killed but not herm , she's my favorite

punkyhermy
i lov herm but i ahve nothing against ron.it's not very sensible to have ron killed off only becouse jk wants ron harry and herm togethr

*Danii*
I don't like the thought of Harry ending up with Hermione (no offence hhr peeps)n I just think she's better off with Ron.

megajoint
well....ron kind of jealous type and moody too
it will cast him dearly I believe....I think bill or charley gonna get it
he's not the most loyal friend and look on the empty side of the glass (about his family)
he light minded and thick like harry.
he can end up doing a big mistake like padfoot do to snape in his past years(the werewolf situation)

*Danii*
Yeah, but I REALLY don't want him to die- he's a great character and I can't imagine the books without him.

VanHRH
ron is NOT going to die.( she cant kill him off) i think shes just trying to trick us and build up more anticipation for books 6 and 7! ( and let me tell u its working)

shaber
I would be amazed if we lose the character in book six, but it is possible that she will be deceased somehow in book seven.

gr1ffin grl
no duh! i 2nd the idea huh ninja pirate What the f**k? confused

punkyhermy
no seriously guys if she can kill off sirius,who was probably more loved than ron,why can't she kill ron?!she can!
she has all it takes!

raven guardia
Noooooooooo but ron cant die!!!!! *starts to cry*

SAtown_punk
She will not kill off Ron. His relationship with Hermione has yet to surface, and we know there is some sort of sexual frustration there. She won't kill off Ron. That was just her way of letting us know that she has the ability to do whatever she wants with the story, and to stop asking stupid questions. And I think she likes the fact that people like us read so much into everything she says when she means absolutely nothing by it.

tigress
i agree and pray that you are right on this

shanie623
HAHAHAHA. I agree with SAtown_punk... JKR is just being a wise ass.. LOL... Anyways, I hope Ron wouldn't really die... I cried when Sirius did, what more if Ron did? WAAAAAAAAAAAH!

punkyhermy
i know i dont want him to die either
im just sayin, be cuz i think JkR ment to give us some hint hint

tassie
i thought ron might die in the last bk, i think i said it before, defending harry, but after seeing that line in the interview i think it less likely to happen cuz jk doesn't really give out hints that big, maybe it is meant to be misleading

damn, evrytime a thread like this appears i jusst can't wait for the next bk even more!

in love...
Andrea Beaumont: So, tell me -- with all that money and power, how come you always look like you want to jump off a cliff?

Bruce Wayne: Why do you care?

Andrea Beaumont: I don't. Mother was asking. whistle

Joy2dWorld
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Ron cant die, he's my most favorite character in the series!

I like Sirius, but I LOVE Ron! If JKR kills him, I'll..... I'll..... CRY!!!

tigress
totally agree hes a darlin big grin

robincooper
well i think she gonn kill sum1 off agian i just think this is her subtle way of warning us for when it happens

Aldaron
JKR isn't going to kill Ron off I doubt that she would even hint such an idea. It *may* show that Ron might suffer many injuries or that was just to make threads and things about what she said.

pixie1
Ron wont die unless its in the final book the treo wont work without ron and jk should no this

Bubby4Ever
J.K.Rowling gives hints when she wants and sometimes they have truth and sometimes they are just things she says that we blow way out of porportion. She told us before the 5th book came out that in the 5th book, she kills off one of her favorite characters. She knows that by makin statements like this, she'll get everyone's attention. Personally..i cried when Sirius died, and I will definitely cry if Ron dies. But i also believe that she is goin to have something happen between Ron and Hermione. But yeah....that's just my opinion.... stick out tongue BUT IN OTHER NEWS! DAN RADCLIFFE IS HOTT!!! laughing sorry...thought i'd let you all know

frootlooplucy
she said much the same thing about harry, that "what if he doesnt survive after 7th year" type of thing. she'll probably say it about hermione and all the rest at some point before the next book. doesnt mwean its definitely going to happen.
BUT it doesnt mean its definitiely NOT gonna happen either... shes in control of the story:P she can do anything she wants. she could just leave us hanging with the ron/hermione thing.

Keep on truckin' rock

Evy_O
I found this in another forum, 'tis NOT my theory... I've had it a long time now and I can't remember who wrote it... But it's interesting, please TRY reading it... smile

---Rowling told in book 1 about 2 main deaths in the Potter series. She wrote an article about it. When I read it, I was deeply shocked. Then I also discovered many new facts by myself and found another 2 deaths of another two main characters. Then I contacted her, we talked this theory over, and now I am posting this theory here. I think, that it's a very important theory, please, read.

Rowling always had a good sense of humor . She described the Second Wizard War in the MCGonnagal's chessgame. The chessmen (chessmen, figures...how strangely she describes them, like real people, not like pieces of stone) are black (Aurors) and white. The white figures are scary, cus they are "faceless" (white terrible masks of death eaters). Here is the quote:
>>Harry, Ron and Hermione shivered slightly -- the towering white chessmen had no faces.
Then let's take a look at this:
>>"Well, Harry, you take the place of that bishop, and Hermione, you are next to him instead of that castle."
"What about you?"
"I'm going to be a knight," said Ron.
That's a very strange choise, isn't it? Ron is very good at chess, he must knew, that it's better to be a king, because kings can stay untill the end of the game without being taken, and they are the ones, who command. It would be much more logical to be a king. But Rowling likes symbolism, and everything in this chessgame is symbolical. Ron IS a knight. Because this redhead boy is pure in heart and brave as a real knight. He never was a king, nor a commander among his friends. Hermione is a castle, because castle walks straight, and Hermione is quite a "straight" person. Harry is a bishop because bishop is the figure, that is very close to the King (Dumbledore). Harry is also not "straight" like Hermioe, he prefers "to walk diagonally", because he's self-effacing and a little secretive (like confessors (bishop)).
Then the game (war) begins. You know, in the movie this game was shown better than in the book, there were more detailes in it. So the game (and the second war) begines with Cedric's death - in the movie the black pawn Cedric (innosent die first, and so pawns are taken first in a chessgame) was taken by white Voldemort's pawn Wormtail ("high, cold voice say, "Kill the spare." A swishing noise and a second voice, which screeched the words to the night: "Avada Kedavra!" . Later in the book, Joanne says:
>>Their first real came when their other knight was taken. The white queen smashed him to the floor and dragged him off the board, where he lay quite still, facedown.
Bellatrix Lestrange murdered Sirius Black.
>>Every time one of their men was lost, the white pieces showed no mercy. Soon there was a huddle of limp black players slumped along the wall. Ron himself darted around the board, taking almost as many white pieces as they had lost black ones.
The war plot of the sixth book. Many, many people die. In the movie we can almost clearly see the death of the black queen, who's undoubtly a Severus Snape, a faithul and the closest servant of Dumbledore. The Black Queen is the most dangerous figure in a game (Snape is a spy) and one of the strongest persons among all "chessmen". It means, that Voldemort killed him as he wished("One, who I believe has left me forever ... he will be killed, of course . . ." . Then we completely clearly see the death of the Castle - she is professor MCGonnagal. Ron and Sirius are very similar characters, they are both knights. Hermione and McGonagall are similar, Hermione is a castle, and so Minerva is. Well, probably Hagrid would be a castle, but he was never so important. And if McGonagall is a Black Quenn, than she still dies. Then, Harry is a bishop, so another Bishop is Neville. And so on...
>>"Yes..." said Ron softly, "It's the only way... I've got to be taken."
"No!" Harry and Hermione shouted.
"That's chess!" snapped Ron. "You've got to make some sacrifices! I take one step forward and she'll take me -- that leaves you free to checkmate the king, Harry!"
"But --"
"Do you want to stop Snape or not?"
"Ron --"
"Look, if you don't hurry up, he'll already have the Stone!"
There was no alternative.
Ron sacrifises himself to let Harry kill Voldemort. There is NO alternative, he has to die anyway. It's book 7.
>>He stepped forward, and the white queen pounced. She struck Ron hard across the head with her stone arm, and he crashed to the floor - Hermione screamed but stayed on her square - the white queen dragged Ron to one side. He looked as if he'd been knocked out.
Bellatrix Lestrange murders Ron Weasley.
>>The white king took off his crown and threw it at Harry's feet. They had won. The chessmen parted and bowed, leaving the door ahead clear.
Harry kills Voldemort and survives. The Second Wizard War ends.

But Voldemort and Quirrel also won the chessgame - before the trio came.

So, who's playing the chess better?
---

What do you guys think? confused

*Georgina_A*
Well, straight after i read that i thought that it might actually be true...that Ron actually might die. But now it's like 5 minutes later and i've decided i don't believe it. Maybe it's my stubborness but i'm still not convinced that it will happen. Yeah it's a possibility but isn't everything? Any kind of theroy in my opinion has hardly a chance of being right. I think that we all have to wait for when the books come out to really know.

Phoenix
its a very good theory

punkyhermy
hey pheonix i like your signature...

buffywill07
I like the theory

Phoenix
thanx big grin

tigress
excellent theory

punkyhermy
this could be true u know...when u think about it.ron in th first book,he was only 11, and he was ready to sacrifice himself for harry already and he just met him!he didn't know ofcourse whether he'd truley die or not but he did.now if ron dies,for harry i won't be surprised.ron is one of th eniceset ppl on ecan encounter in life,even if he has a hard time showing it...but ya i believ that ron is gonna die,not that i want that to happen ofcourse,but that will make some pppl see ron for who he is...

Evy_O
Yeah, theory's good, I don't think he'll die though erm

pixie1
i like your theory i think it all makes sence and i think it might happen

VanHRH
thats a really good theory but i still dont want him to die!!!!!!!! I LOVE HIM!!!!! love

celestial_moon
i have read many other things about sybolism in the stories and they have made very excellent points. sadly, i do think ron will be killed. yet sadly, it'll make the story more interesting.

*rockergirl710*
Ok, back on the Ron dying thing. JK left a clue, look

Ollivanders= Ronald Lives.

It's an anagram, Ron is Ronald, even though I like calling him Ronnikins

Chelse_gladrin9
dude, do you know how MAD mad id be if ron snuffed it???? i would refuse to read any further in the books. i like ron enough to do that but not as much as malfoy and thats a different story!!

Chelse_gladrin9
i totally agree. my dads stupid** and thinks that Harry and Hermione will be 2gether 4ever, and im like, umm no, its Ron and Hermione. and hes like o.. ok

Evy_O
Yeah my mom hasn't have a clue about Ron and Hermione either laughing out loud
And it's SO obvious... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Chelse_gladrin9
yes, parents dont get anything. but i swear, if ron dies.......!!!!!!

thelotrlovr15
Where did you get the Ollivanders' thing? Where did she leave the clue?
Ummm....I believe that he will die for Harry and Hermione... but mainly for Hermione... why?...because they love eachother... after they cnfess their love for eachother Ron finds out that he must make a fatal move that will alas kill him... but for hermione... since he loves her... but it always proves well for Harry defeating Voldemort... It is obvious that Voldemort will be defeated by Harry... but is it obvious that Ron will be killed by Lestrange... in a way... I mean it opens new possibilities... After Ron's death by Bellatrix... Hermoine will want revenge... She will help Harry like they always did since the beginning... She and Neville will kill Lestrange....she has avenged ron's and sirius' death, while Neville has avenged his parents' doom...But Harry feels guilty since he did not kill Lestrange himself... So he conjures up a very powerful urge to kill Voldemort even more... With the combined efforts of Hermione and Harry... Voldemort will be weakened.... but as the prophecy claimed... one must kill the other... so something will happen to Hermoine probably, stunned or held by Neville....sine he is now left alone... he fights Voldemort... He will not perform the Avada Kedavra curse since he has survived it once and he does not want to risk it... so he will kill him in another way...
or...............
everthing happens the same way
but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He also helps witht he killing of Lestrange that way HE avenged the death of Sirius....
and.... i belive this might happen in both scenarios.... Dumbledore might perform the ulitmate sacrifice and die protecting Harry... that way... the protection that ran throught the blood og Harry from his mother, he will be stregthened.... Now since Voldemort doesn't have an immunity to this...he will be weaker... it is his Kryptonite so to speak... now Harry will kill Voldemort...

Rowling has hinted throughout the books that Ron wants Harry to be with Ginny... so they will be together... as with Hermione... I don't know...
I also believe that Harry will invent a new spell.... probably one that can bring people back to life after death... saying that they have been dead only for so much a time...
that way his parents do NOT come back... not Sirius... but enough that they can be a ghost?
and enough that Ron might come back....

as farfetched as this may all seem.... it believe anything is possible...

also you might think that Snape might commit the ultimate sacrifice instead of Dumbldore.... but then he wouldn't be the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher.... It only makes since that Snape become the first unjinxed teacher who holds the DADA spot... since he has wanted it so much...

but then the article that was written about the whole chessgame... he might be a spy but I do not think so... since he saved harry from falling off his broom...but that makes his debt paid to James... but then he could have done many things to Harry's mind during Occlumency classes... but like Harry said... he might be opening up his mind even more....
there are many things that could happen.... but I think that this theory might and could happen....

Chelse_gladrin9
where did you get the beginning from?? thats like you already read the book or something!!! okok. that sounds like a fair plan, but why would Ron want to kill Bellatrix?? thats the part i dont understand..

Joy2dWorld
Oh VanHRH - I love Ron too!!! crybaby

If he has to die - it'll be OK only if - Hermione will bring him back to life!!! With the help of Harry of course..

Come to think of it, that would be great idea - Hermione will risk her life finding a way to bring Ron back to life - probably a magical object like the goblet of fire - one that has the power to restore life - Harry follows her & helps her get it clapping embarrasment

celestial_moon
i always liked r/hr second best but if he were 2 die, i think it would b SO HORRIBLY SAD!!!! my friend's so obsessed about him. but if he were 2 die, i'm sorry 2 say it might not b very noble like, sorta like cedric's death only he fights back more. and he would most likely die in the 7th book.

big gay kirk
RON DOES NOT DIE!!! Harry dies in Book Six... and all you who doubt me will look like fools when it happens... And remember everyone... Dumbledore is the greatest wizard alive... but that doesn't make him the good guy...

celestial_moon
if harry dies in the sixth book, there will not be the last book, for the last time!

LAXCHIX
i agree

megajoint
big gay kirk made a mistake I presume...he meant book 7
and I dont think harry will die rowling hinted about book 8 and another something I dont remember right now...oh well no metter.

big gay kirk
No mistake... I have it on very good authority that Harry Potter dies in the sixth book... and that it falls to Sirius and Neville Longbottom to find him....

celestial_moon
u don't shut up do u?

Joffy
I wouldn't like Ron to die. Otherwise, who else would deliever those wonderful witty comments and one liners?!! smile

Chelse_gladrin9
yes, like: "I know how to use a felly tone now."

cheeky munkey
hehe
i like ron the best, he cant die, he jus cant, and he has to get with hermione...... he just has to!!!!
but i too think that dumbledore will die in the end, and that harry will beat Voldemort (sorry, he who must not be named), i mean, books just dont have the main protagonist losing to the baddie do they?!
but ronnie....... noooo....... he cant die, he just cant!!!!!!!! (i know i wrote that twice, but its true... if he dies, i will cry sad ) big grin

big gay kirk
Nope.....

celestial_moon
o ok.

Joy2dWorld
I love Ron's quotes!

"Wild! I can make that old bloke down there pick his nose again...and again...and again..." -Ron

"Lockhart'll sign anything if it stands still long enough." -Ron

"HAVE YOU GONE MAD!" Ron bellowed, "ARE YOU A WITCH OR NOT!"

"That'll change the world, that report will. Front page of the Daily Prophet, I expect, cauldron leaks." -Ron

"A study of Hogwarts prefects and their later careers," Ron read aloud off the back cover. "That sounds fascinating."

"Aaaah," said Ron, imitating Professor Trelawney's mystical whisper, "when two Neptunes appear in the sky, it is a sure sign that a midget in glasses is being born."

...and my favorite one of all:

"Percy wouldn't recognize a joke if it danced naked in front of him wearing Dobby's tea cozy." -Ron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.