Ep3 Proīs and conīs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bartman99

Commander
Perfect list, it brings it on the point. Fast cuts in movies are actually very much disturbing. They have so muddled many battles in the lord of the ring trilogy. So no one have to compile a complex fight-choreography.
In addition many irresoluteness must be solved and I hopes that that happens reliably.

Jedi Priestess
Not everyone thinks the first 2 were f*cked up

Prozak
Depends on your definition of ****ed up. Shit would be my description of them, nothing can touch the OT...

darktim1
the original trilogy was a different time when computers were hardly used for movies I liked the first and second one I thought the clone war was great action sequence and in episode1 I liked the pod race and all the planets in the two first movies see so not everyone hates the first two films.

Morridini
The PT's weren't as good as the OT, but I wouldn't go so far as calling them shit or ****ed up.

Red Superfly
Some people enjoy a good story though, and character roll eyes (sarcastic)

I am so SICK of Yoda talking backwards everytime he opens his mouth - in Empire Strikes Back, he does it sporadically, and half the time he speaks normally ("He is too old, too old to begin the training) and was way more sublte ("A Jedi craves not these things"wink - but in Episode 2 his dialogue descends into crap that can only be described as almost fan-fiction in the way it panders to every stereotypical Yoda impressionist out there ("Around the survivors, a perimeter create" WTF?).

The prequel Yoda sounds like sombody IMPERSONATING Yoda. You know, like when YOU do it to take the p*ss. It doesn't sound like the real Yoda, nor does the CGI or the Episode 1 puppet even look convincingly Yoda-esque.

And if Yoda dares to ignite a lightsaber once more, I shall kill. Again.

Bartman99

trilight
The first two of the PT are generally not that good. I thought the PM was crap because of the kid. But other than that I can still handle watching them. The third one has a high chance of disappointing fans. Simply because of the expectations & GL is directing.

The AOTC was ruined for me because I downloaded the script off the net and read it before the movie was released. So all I thought while watching it was 'they deleted a scene there'. I Highly un-recommend trying to find out what happens in the next one before watching it.

Sith Master X
I think the PT has been better then the OT thus far, that's just my opinion.

Trilight had a good opinion though, because I too went through the script before it was released, and came across some parts in the Script between the lightsaber duels, and it was never shown in the movie so it threw me off a bit.

Bartman99
anyone else thinks the duel in AOTC was the worst ever?

Red Superfly
*raises hand*

I rank that right at the bottom.

AOTC was surely the most action packed, but it was the worst Star Wars yet.

I enjoyed Phantom Menace a lot more, to be honest.

The AOTC lightsaber fight was appalling, they could have made the Dooku/Anakin fight in the dark really tense, but they don't even sound like the sabers are even clashing! Rubbish.

Not only that, but I HATE Yoda fighting. It looks stupid, and the only purpose it served was to appeal to the slobberring Yoda fanboys. It made Obi-Wan look weak, Anakin pathetic - not good when you are building them both up for later on.

Not only that - but watch Dooku, there's a bit where he doesn't even look like he's fighting Yoda.

The fight in the coluseum annoys me, those insect Genosians are the most non-Star Wars looking creatures I have ever seen WTF are those stupid guns all about? Is it green snot they fire?

The ONLY thing I liked about AOTC were the clonetroopers and Jango Fett. And like a poster said earlier, their potential was wasted, especially Jango.

The Obi-Wan vs Jango Fett battle was absolutely brilliant however and should have been longer.

mephistodesigns
I like the prequels. I don't think people should judge them so harshly until they're finished. Lucas said, once you see 3, you'll see a bunch of plot lines in the first two you didn't know were there. And sorry Superfly, but the prequel has good characters too. These films are just different, and they half to be. They can't be like the old trilogy because they take place before. They have different plots, different motivations for characters, I think there's a lot more subtlety going on in the prequels that only the active viewer will even catch. And I love that. I like that you have to put some thought into it. Its not such a direct war story. The fall of a government, and the fall of a person from good to evil are very subtle stories to tell. Things happen slowly. And I loved the duel in AOTC, Yoda fighting was far cooler than the Maul fight. I can't see not liking that. It shows how bad@$$ he really is. And it makes Anakin's jibe about rivaling Yoda really seem like immaturity, and it gives some more power to Yoda's line to Luke about not underestimating him because of his size. I think the prequels are fun, I think they're underappreciated because #1, they aren't finished, and #2 they haven't had enough time to sink in. When I first saw ESB, I thought it was kinda boring other than the fight and the AT-AT's. now it's my favorite on because of all the down time. I think sometimes things just need to sink in. And it takes an open mind to do that.

Red Superfly
Actually, I've let it sink in a million times.

I used to like AOTC more than Phantom Menace at first, but over time, I ended up thinking about how enjoyable the movies were.

Qui-Gonn Jinn was a very cool character, as was Darth Maul. I also like Mace Windu and Kit Fisto, although we don't see half as much of them as we ought to.

Boba Fetts character is crap in the PT, as is Anakin (kid, not Hayden) - why does Lucas hire the WORST child actors in the world?

I heard they were gonna cast (or were considerring) Hayley Joel Osment as Anakin - at the time he was absolutely perfect, wheras Jake Lloyd is so annoying that any character is lost in his poor acting. He's as crap as the kid that plays Harry Potter, and that brat from Stuart little. They're all a bunch of sh*ts.

And no way was Darth Tyrannus vs Yoda better than Obi-Wan vs Maul.

"Not by a long shot"

cal31
You do realize Yoda is a jedi, but I guess just because he's Yoda he shouldn't use a lightsaber. Every other Sith or Jedi in Star Wars uses a lightsaber, even Palpatine, so why the hell do you think Yoda should be different?

cal31
and when did you become the expert on what is defined as Star Wars looking? The story spans a whole galaxy, so is every character supposed to be wookies or twi leks? No, there has to be a variety of different characters because there wouldn't be only 3 or 4 different races.

Red Superfly
Alright no need to wet the bed.

It's not the fact that Yoda uses a lightsaber, it's the fact that he looked so STUPID doing it. It was utter BS.

And you have to admit those guns they use are rubbish, they look like they fire green AIR out of them, they look poor.

For the past 25 years or so, there's a specific THEME with the aliens and weapons. Some things look like they'd be in a Star Wars movie, some don't.

Those Geonosians looked like typical Sci-Fi movie crap. There's no subtlety or heart in the designs anymore. It's all about "Lets make this new creature look amazing in CGI, and it has to be really wierd (stupid)".

That's my opinion, deal with it. It's not my fault I'm like "OK Lucas, you did good once before, but now you're asking a bit much with this crap".

If you lap up everything Lucas feeds you then go right ahead, I'm not stopping you.

OB1-adobe
Jesus Christ Red! What the hell has gotten into you man?

Bartman99
wrongo! Maul could have been a cool character, if he had more than one stupid sentence "at least we will reveal our selves to the jedi, at least we will have revenge" ffs thats the worst character introduction. maul just looked cool, he isnt a real character imo...

OB1-adobe
okay why don't you morons go make a movie, then we'll all find something to ***** about that. You should've done this, you shoud've done that, that just sucks man it could have been way better. And Red while your at it, you need to change your sig and avatar. I don't like that pic of Batman that much, I've seen way better ones. And you should make a better collage of the Rogues gallery of villians. Try to make them with pics from the movies instead. I think that would be better, because right now it sucks, and it is appalling to Batman fans everywhere.

Red Superfly
I don't have a millions of bucks and THE WORLD at my disposal to do such things.

And for the record, I like the prequels, it's just that my posts may seem a little aggressive and negative, because I'm only talking about the bad bits and where the films could be better.

However, compare what I think is bad about the PT comparred to the OT you can see why I can get a little p*ssed off with the new movies.

There's loads of things that are great about the PT, but ultimately, they just aren't THAT great.

cal31
I agree that the prequels aren't as good as the OT, but I don't think anything ever can match them again, there one of a kind, but the prequels are good movies still, I definetely like AOTC, but I just really can't watch Phantom Menace, that is a bad movie except for the Maul Obi wan fight, best of any star wars film.

El Toro
the coluseum scene was to show anakin and ob1 can handle themselves without sabers. the only part that makes me cringe in the scene is when padme jumps onto that bull-creature anakin tamed. (the sound and how she landed)

btw that green snot gun leveled about 6 jedi's. and by the looks they project sound and that would make it impossible for sabers to deflect it. so its a handy weapon against jedi.

the PT has its own style to it. like every1 said (except SMX....i dont understand ask him stick out tongue laughing ) the OT has a more lasting appeal. everytime i hear u post in this thread makes u sound like a angry lil fanboy. but remember....that's my opinion confused

Mist
amen to that. mace windu, kit fisto, ki-adi-mundi, plo koon and aayla secura. let them at least have more than a 2 sec shot each!

ep3's gonna piss me off in that we wont get to see these jedi die(except mace), or at least fight a lightsaber wielder!

also, has it been confirmed as to who the EU character is who is appearing in ep3? cause i want quinlan vos, that guy rocks!

Mist
why couldnt darth maul have run off and survived for ep2? scrap dooku, he's too old, yes too old to begin the movies! (in best yoda voice)

a match between maul and yoda would have been sick, they wouldnt have needed to make a cgi head for maulo like they did for dooku cause maul is already a youngish actor who can fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.