whoops! help!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

m!$hA
ok so installed this game on my computer, and at the end of the installation it said:

"an installation support file could not be removed.
unspecified error"

i pressed ok, as it was the only option to press. then i tried to open the game, but nothing happened. it had the little egg timer thingie on the mouse for a bit, then just the normal arrow.

so i asked my brother what to do (he knows a heap on computers) he tried reinstalling it but the same thing happened.
so he said "try uninstalling, then reinstalling"

so i tried but as i tried to uninstall it, but the same message popped up.
i couldnt do anything so i just deleted the file of the game "this game is too big for the recycling bin, would you like to permanently delete it?"
so i clicked "yes to all".
then i looked in my start-uninstall programms thingie, and the game name was still there. so i clicked on it but the same box popped up.

WHAT DO I DO?????
i dont wanna ask my brother coz im scared embarrasment

Clovie
you shouldn't have deleted the file sad

m!$hA
i know embarrasment
thats why im scared to tell my brother!
he just spent all of last weekend fixing up my computer, and i want to give him a break!
hes going to come into my room in a bit to see how the game is going, and i dont know what to say embarrasment sad

m!$hA
urgh dont worry about it!
i got it installed and its a horrible game!

what i need to know now is how to uninstall it!
it comes up with the same message erm

Clovie
laughing

ask brother to unistall it wink

Raz
Post a screenshot of the error - also whats the game called?

m!$hA
the game is called hotel giant and its crap schmoll
screenshot erm

yerssot
review:
http://www.deafgamers.com/hotelgiant.htm

m!$hA
am i meant to read all of that? blink

yerssot
no, it's just a review for people that don't know the game

m!$hA
oh erm
well even though the review says its pretty good, its crap!
if you like that kind of game i reccomend the sims, or better yet the sime 2 droolio

hotel giant is pretty old now erm

Raz
heh, thats the most stupid error message I've seen.

Best thing to do is just delete the folder the game is in.

m!$hA
i did that before, but the game is still in the 'add/remove programs' thingie in start menu blink

JKozzy
And go into the Registry Editor and delete all the keys from it about the game yes

m!$hA
how do i do that? confused
whats registy editor?

Raz
I wouldn't touch the registry if you don't know what it is. A simple mistake could make your computer unusable.

Just delete the game from your start menu (right-click -> delete) and leave the rest.

m!$hA
thanx raz,
but its still there confused
will it stay there forever?

Raz
Where in your start menu? Just right-click on the folder in your start menu, then select delete.

m!$hA
ive done that yes
but its still there when i go into explorer, and also still there when i go into 'add/remove programmes' blink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.