The phantom member.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kosta
Have you ever wondered if theres a guest on the forum thats been here since the beginnig, but has never signed up to be a member? Wondered if he/she knows the forum inside out like say....raz or ush? Wondered if KMC means as much to them as it does to the old members???? Have you?

Kaleanae
There are many guests around the boards everyday, there must be one of those that comes everyday and reads the posts of certain threads and feels he or she knows the people that are posting.. It could happen messed

Clovie
my RL friend is reading a lot of posts here, but she's never decided to join sad

Tex
No.

tongue10

Darth Sauron
Tex, while your here, Bjork was being interviewed on Jonathan Ross's show last night yes

And she performed

Nazgulinthedark
i guess it could happen erm but, wouldnt they want to join and actaully talk to the members?

NyC-gUrL
why does this thread scare me? confused

ElectricBugaloo
lurkers are scary

Gundark
Ush haunted for a good bit before he joined.

Before the dark times. Before the Empire.

phinney6
I remember those days sad

Darth Revan
laughing out loud

Actually, that would be funny if there was a person who was lurking so much that they knew all of us... fruits_apple

Silver Stardust
It'd also be really creepy...

Darth Surgent
I was actually like that in the past. I've been coming to KMC for about a year, but I've only been a member for three months.

......Nobody knows me as well as I know them..... *sniffle* sad

Imaginary
*pats surge on the back*

I reckon it would be cool in a strange way. I doubt anyone would have so much time on their hands that they would have read every single post on every single topic... Even so, its weird messed

finti
performed what? hopefully it was a suicide ritual that succeeded

Imaginary
Oh she isn't that bad...

Kosta
Whats that song she sang at Athens? "Your sweat is salty"? blink

Knowing members more than the members know them is what i think would stop lurkers from joining.

nemo
maybe there's someone like that. but what's so scary?
sometimes they just've got nothing to say. i read a lot of posts but don't always answer since what i wanted to say is already said.
and sometimes, like me, they may hate the sign up part.

Gundark
Ah, don't worry about that, nemo. You can still express your opinion even if someone else already posted the same thing.

cool

Kosta
Thats what KMC is all about, post what you think, BE LOUD! BE ABNOXIOUS! Not that any of you are.....

Fire
nice one gundark, I don't think there are that many people like that Kosta cause IMO you get to know ppl best via PM and messenger services. of which the first is impossible for non-members and the second one would be weird

Gundark
I second that, fire. Once I got MSN messenger set up, it was INCREDIBLY easier to talk to people. Thats how I got to know you, Ush, queeq & Corran so well.

WAY WAY WAAAAAAYYYY back in the those 'old days' Raz had a chat room inside the forum. Nobody was ever there although Ush & Edna Witch (now long gone) found it and used it quite a bit. And then there was the night that Dim, finti and I had quite a hoot of a conversation in there. Hehehe. I'll always have fond memories of this place.

Happy Dance

Fire
he should bring it back

Baylin
I'm a lurking member...

Fire
yea okie :P

Gundark
Raz got rid of it because nobody used it. Except, of course, for those I already listed above.

I think because there are so many messenger services out there now we really don't need it.

Fire
true but it would be cool

lil bitchiness
I doubt there is a person like that, and if there is, he/she is one sad individual.

Syren
I think it's absolutely creepworthy......I signed up as soon as I found this place, but then that's just me, jump in and reckon with the consequences at a later date. I'm paying the price now though stick out tongue

Delicious1
Okay...that's a scary thought no expression

Kosta
Ad have it turn in to another OTF? sad

Maybe, an exclusive chat room for the sensible people....but then there would be complaining. Raz wouldn't do it, anless it was a huge secret etc etc.....

Kosta
I think i was on for about 2 days before i signed up. Still if there is such a person, he/she may be looking at this thread right now and saying "YOU FOOLS!" *very evil sinister laugh*

nemo
i think we are going into conspiracy theory. and since we are on that path may i suggest that maybe that someone could be a hacker and could hack into our computer when we are writing. What the f**k?
< Mr hacker, don't touch my computer, plz >

Kosta
I'm safe in that sense, i have 56k cool hackers dont usually go for computers with slow upload speed, its too slow for them, too time consuming.......plus i have no real power shifty so wasting your time writing messages under my name would be pointless.........big grin

Raz
No no, I got rid of it when the website that provided the chat room closed. Didn't really have much choice.

I remember in the 'old days' when Dim asked me to install ICQ - unfortunately at the time I spent more time chatting than revising embarrasment

Fire
and that's bad because?

Raz
Because I wanted to pass my degree stick out tongue

I'm working on a new plan to ruin other peoples education shifty

Fire
would be cool, but I dunno that many ppl here anymore stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.