The Duel Ending

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Sauron
I bought the OT dvds today, and was watching the ep3 preview.

The scenes of anakin and OB1 dueling particuarlly interested me, as if you look on the floor there are white markings, anakin is on the offense and ob1 backtracks to the end of this marking, then spinds behind anakin and pushes him in the back over the edge of the markings

Could this be the end of the duel where anakin falls?

I think it might be, i mean if it wasnt, why would ob1 push anakins back, and not slice the hell outta him?

Bartman99
i doubt that, since anakin is shown jumping around and stuff
i guess it just droping to a lower level or so

Darth Sauron
why knock your opponent onto a lower level when you have a clear shot at him
i mean...he pushes him with the hand the lightsaber is in

Falacerjedi
if ya watch the split second after he pushes him you will see that he jumps down himself so it cant be the ending of the duel just dropping to a lower level like the above poster mentioned

Darth Sauron
No, hayden keeps on walking a few steps
turns round and starts laughing and playing with ewan
then hayden stabs ewan laughing out loud

Bartman99

Darth Sauron
why wouldnt you want to kill sombody who you know has gone to the darkside, who you know has killed alot of people already, and who you know is trying to kill you

NateDawgNT
cuz he thought he could turn anakin back

"Obi-Wan once thought as you do" ~ Vader

Anakin2Vader
And it all comes down to this, the great climax of the Starwars films, Obi Wan pushing Anakin..... I dont think so man, it will be much more than simply a puch in the back.

Darth Sauron
whats he going to do, force lift some rope around anakin, force tie him up in it
force lift him up and then force lower him down slowly?

Boris
I think that Obi knocks him off and Anakin holds on, Obi offers his hand for Anakin to go back to the light side but instead Anakin lets go as he has been completely taken over by the dark side.

trilight
No, he grabs hold of a chain and is lowered in. He can't terminate himself so obi-wan does it for him. Anakin gets out and is revived into the old t-1000 (the evil one).

Boris
Hey I've seen that in a movie once.....I think lol

darktim1
they said on the dvd that they were showing GL what they had done so don't know if he pushed him over ledge or whatever he is going to fall off.

Anakin2Vader
no... but they will fight swinging from ropes... but anyway... it will be an intense moment and Im sure the events that lead to Anakin falling will be much more dramatic than that weak push in the back you seem to be so certain is the end.

Jayd265
i dont think they would show the last part of the duel on the trilogy dvd. just so its a surprise

moonwalker741
how about we be patient and wait for the movie

Falacerjedi
^^^ The part I was referring to was at the end of the feature when they were in full dress in front of the green screen, watch the very end of it Ewan pushes Hayden off onto a mat then he jumps down after him...

darktim1
well do show a part where he falls off but obi-wan jumps after him so that could'nt be lava I bet he'll save that for final trailer in april.

Ushgarak
Agreed with Moonwalker- detailed fight analysis like that is pointless before we see the finished product.

Bartman99

Red Superfly
Obi-Wan: "Anakin! Stop!"

Anakin: "No!"

Obi-Wan: "Please?"

Anakin: "Well, er, OK"

Obi-Wan: "Phew, glad that's settled, lets get a latte"

Anakin: "Sure"

Obi-Wan: "Gotcha!"

*Obi-Wan pushes Anakin into the pit*

Anakin (on the way down into the lava): "Tw*t!"

Obi-Wan: "Whoo! You got burned!"

jedijunky1138
I'm pretty sure that Obi-Wan cuts off one of Anakins legs before he falls in the lava. I think he gets some of his hidious injuries before the lava bath.

fruits
in the books, didnt anakin like, fall into a volcano or something? i heard that somewhere. and from what ive seen from a pic from the movie, it looks like obi and anakin r fighting in a place that has volcanic activity

Darth_Nefarus
Obi-Wan severed through his former apprentice' arm, removing it at the shoulder. Anakin screamed in rage and pain as the darkside compensated him for his pain and his attacks became more furious.
Obi-Wan's surprise forced him on the retreat as Anakin attempted to remove Obi-Wan's head. Obi-Wan attempted to roll under Anakin, and severed his right leg at the kneee in doing so.

Obi-Wan backed away, stopping at the edge of a crater as he looked down at his former padawan.

"Please Anakin! I don't want to fight you, you are stronger than the darkside! Free yourself!"

"I am not Anakin," he replied as he used the force to make one last attack at Obi-Wan.

Obi-Wan jolted to the side and watched in horror as Anakin fell toward the lava.

"I am Darth Vader," exchoed through the crater and Obi-Wan's mind as Anakin fell into the lava pool.

Obi-Wan nearly let his emotion get the better of him.

"He was like my son," the Jedi Master thought. "And now," Obi-Wan paused as he saw a reflective shine in the dirt. Anakin's lightsabre, a Jedi's weapon. Countless times he had reprimanded Anakin for losing it, but now Obi-Wan knew what had to be done with it.

"I failed you son," Obi-Wan said as he looked at the crater. "But I will not fail your son," he said with a determined look on his face.

captainmidnight
i think it has something to do with a slope, NG says anakins not very good at fighting on a slope,so yeah could be a volcano,only i dont know how anakin will be saved by the emperor if he's inside a volcano unless a ship comes by and drops off a rope down the hole of the volcano...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.