**HELP PLEASE** Online Games - Credit Cards

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKozzy
Alright, so I get an email to beta test for a particular game. I need a valid credit card number to verify my address, and I go to my parents for it. But no matter what I say, they think that it's a scam, and that they'll be cheated somehow, or have the number stolen. Can someone else find a way to explain why a credit card number is needed for a video game beta test, and confirm that they WON'T be charged? It says so right on the email, but they still don't get that it's secure material, and they can't just give it to anyone. Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated.

Mr Zero
Your parents are right - quit being a brat.

BackFire
Just steal their credit card late at night when they aren't looking. They'll never know, considering I can damn near garauntee that they WILL NOT be billed.

I don't know why the Matrix Online is forcing you to use credit cards when beta testing. I guess it's just to make sure that you're of age or something.

JKozzy

Goth_Girl
weird...

unknownrocker
ya kid i feel you,my parents say the same crap ive tried doing everythingbut they wont get one,its very annoying and stupid

SaTsuJiN
how about calling the company responsible for matrix online and have them verify that you wont be billed... and have your parents in the presence of the phonecall (unless you can put them on the phone as its state?.. or you could ask for hardcopy proof in emal form?)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.